Bigdog

A comedy of errors. 

Now we know (if we didn't already) why Butch decided it was time to go. 

No organization is immune from stupidity from individuals but this looks like institutional misconduct or in other words, a lot of looking the other way and not wanting to be the rat or being threatened if they did. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have watched this thread for weeks and didn't see much taking up for BISD. I thought the good tax paying citizens of Beaumont had finally had enough. I thought they were tired of wasting their tax dollars, depriving their kids of a good education and helping increase the property values of all the surrounding cities......

Then I went to the football forum........we still have folks blaming media bias, trying to call out other districts wrong doings (like that would fix anything) and even trying to marginalize a teacher getting his license suspended for improper relationship with a student.....really??  Do we hire convicted pedophiles for daycare workers if they "served their time"??

It is very apparent that the problem in BISD is not JUST BISD......it's some of the voting taxpayers that make excuses and allow this corruption to continue........

So now the hired/fired/now suing future/past head coach for Ozen says that Chargois discussed his previous suspension and HR, AD and Ozen principal may have been in the room.

The question that I had as a police officer was that if the state suspended Atkins' teaching license, why wasn't he charged in a crime? Now Atkins says that the suspension was dropped after the student recanted the story and that was discussed in his hiring process.

And now he is going to sue probably the district and Chargois personally.

And the hits just keep on comin'...........

http://www.12newsnow.com/story/25096759/coach-accuses-beaumont-isd-superintendent-of-lying-in-hiring-fumble

So now the hired/fired/now suing future/past head coach for Ozen says that Chargois discussed his previous suspension and HR, AD and Ozen principal may have been in the room.

The question that I had as a police officer was that if the state suspended Atkins' teaching license, why wasn't he charged in a crime? Now Atkins says that the suspension was dropped after the student recanted the story and that was discussed in his hiring process.

And now he is going to sue probably the district and Chargois personally.

And the hits just keep on comin'...........

http://www.12newsnow.com/story/25096759/coach-accuses-beaumont-isd-superintendent-of-lying-in-hiring-fumble

I don't see how Chargois is going to survive this.......there is only a handful of his supporters left....

No one has said if a contract was actually signed......I'm wondering if that will play a part.

As for the negative publicity......you couldn't make this stuff up.......

Oh yea.....and Jessie is appealing the workers comp claim.......while she is still on the BISD payroll..........

TEA acts independently.

they can suspend his certificate whether he was charged with a crime or not

Yep, I understand that. Just like I can be suspended from work for something that is not even a crime. 

But in this case, they took a guy's livelihood away for at least three years for something that is a crime. His claim in the media is that the other person "recanted". That means the person made a second statement that the first statement was false. 

That leads me to only two questions. If she actually recanted or claimed that it never happened, why would he then sign a document admitting guilt or is he simply lying and the "victim" did not recant the story?

Yep, I understand that. Just like I can be suspended from work for something that is not even a crime. 

But in this case, they took a guy's livelihood away for at least three years for something that is a crime. His claim in the media is that the other person "recanted". That means the person made a second statement that the first statement was false. 

That leads me to only two questions. If she actually recanted or claimed that it never happened, why would he then sign a document admitting guilt or is he simply lying and the "victim" did not recant the story?

Good questions

Board president Gwen Ambres said the process to get Beaumont ISD back on track doesn't involve placing blame on Chargois or his predecessor, Thomas.

"Do we need to be able to point a finger and place blame?," she asked. "Is that our goal to single someone out? Or is a better use of our time and talent to say, 'We have a gap here and this is the way things have gone on in the past but here's a better way and let's do things the better way.'"

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Did-the-BISD-Superintendent-inherit-a-mess-5363349.php#page-1