San Augustine Wolves Football Schedule 2014

mmccary

Those big linemen can't cover receivers on quick screens etc.  kinda hard to stop the jet sweep with just big linemen.  There are ways that teams can neutralize big linemen.  Who cares if the big linemen are in the backfield if you are getting rid of the ball quick.

What receiver? What RB? You do understand that Splendora has a faster RB than anyone on SA's team? Do you think SA would have done better than 5-7 if they were 3A last year? I hope you are not trying to say that football games are not won up front? SA has more athletes than Alto, WS, Deweyville, Mart and Garrison. Why did they not win or in most cases even stay on the field? Did they have good WRs? Did they spread the field? I am an SA fan all the way. I hope they win. I have close relationships with most of the players and coaches. But I accept reality. If the baby is ugly, the baby is ugly. It is not shameful for a 2A to not be able to compete with a 4A. 

What receiver? What RB? You do understand that Splendora has a faster RB than anyone on SA's team? Do you think SA would have done better than 5-7 if they were 3A last year? I hope you are not trying to say that football games are not won up front? SA has more athletes than Alto, WS, Deweyville, Mart and Garrison. Why did they not win or in most cases even stay on the field? Did they have good WRs? Did they spread the field? I am an SA fan all the way. I hope they win. I have close relationships with most of the players and coaches. But I accept reality. If the baby is ugly, the baby is ugly. It is not shameful for a 2A to not be able to compete with a 4A. 

:D  :D

We lost those games because of no defense at all.....

What receiver? What RB? You do understand that Splendora has a faster RB than anyone on SA's team? Do you think SA would have done better than 5-7 if they were 3A last year? I hope you are not trying to say that football games are not won up front? SA has more athletes than Alto, WS, Deweyville, Mart and Garrison. Why did they not win or in most cases even stay on the field? Did they have good WRs? Did they spread the field? I am an SA fan all the way. I hope they win. I have close relationships with most of the players and coaches. But I accept reality. If the baby is ugly, the baby is ugly. It is not shameful for a 2A to not be able to compete with a 4A.

Splendora's RB is fast but he is Not a football player
There is a Different, He along will not beat S.A

I wasn't aware that the 2013 San Augustine football team was playing the 2014 schedule.  My apologies for assuming we were talking about next years team for next years schedule.  

I wasn't aware that the 2013 San Augustine football team was playing the 2014 schedule.  My apologies for assuming we were talking about next years team for next years schedule.  

We were using your logic concerning having athletes to spread the field in such a fashion as the OL/DL does not matter. I also posed the question: which WR? which RB?

Splendora's RB is fast but he is Not a football player
There is a Different, He along will not beat S.A

He alone will not beat SA, but when you put him behind an OL that that is uncontested he will do well.

We were using your logic concerning having athletes to spread the field in such a fashion as the OL/DL does not matter. I also posed the question: which WR? which RB?

You are the one so knowledgeable of San Augustine. SA's rb is back next year, will also have a sophomore and 2 freshmen who could possibly see reps. The 3 younger ones are all very good athletes. At WR you've got 3 guys back who all got more than 1 start in district play combined with a bunch of young talent to push for and possibly see playing time. I could name easily 10 guys who are capable of seeing significant reps at the skill spots next year that will be a handful for years to come

No doubt our goal is to win every game we play....but in the big picture, Spendora is just another warm up to get ready for West Sabine, Beckville, Joaquin, Shelbyville, and Cushing.  Winning or losing against Splendora is not a huge matter, it is how well we react and learn from the game to get ready for a tough district and a 4th straight playoff run.  That's where our focus will be, gonna be very young again and need lots of playing time to get ready.  We scheduled who would schedule us, not always the easiest to do when you have success...any coach will tell you that.  Sometimes you have to "play up" in order to fill a schedule.  Splendora was in a situation where they needed a game, we needed a game, end of story.  

You are the one so knowledgeable of San Augustine. SA's rb is back next year, will also have a sophomore and 2 freshmen who could possibly see reps. The 3 younger ones are all very good athletes. At WR you've got 3 guys back who all got more than 1 start in district play combined with a bunch of young talent to push for and possibly see playing time. I could name easily 10 guys who are capable of seeing significant reps at the skill spots next year that will be a handful for years to come

Getting reps? Significant reps? Everyone on a 1A team gets reps. When you line up 4 WRs you will have players getting "reps" and "starts". When you put 11 on the field and you only have 25 players there is a good chance to get meaningful playing time. Sometimes you even have to play 155-175 lb lineman. They lost both primary receivers (Smith/Randle). And the RB you have referenced may not play football as he is very good at basketball combined with lingering injuries.  

No doubt our goal is to win every game we play....but in the big picture, Spendora is just another warm up to get ready for West Sabine, Beckville, Joaquin, Shelbyville, and Cushing.  Winning or losing against Splendora is not a huge matter, it is how well we react and learn from the game to get ready for a tough district and a 4th straight playoff run.  That's where our focus will be, gonna be very young again and need lots of playing time to get ready.  We scheduled who would schedule us, not always the easiest to do when you have success...any coach will tell you that.  Sometimes you have to "play up" in order to fill a schedule.  Splendora was in a situation where they needed a game, we needed a game, end of story.  

Excellent and accurate post.

Getting reps? Significant reps? Everyone on a 1A team gets reps. When you line up 4 WRs you will have players getting "reps" and "starts". When you put 11 on the field and you only have 25 players there is a good chance to get meaningful playing time. Sometimes you even have to play 155-175 lb lineman. They lost both primary receivers (Smith/Randle). And the RB you have referenced may not play football as he is very good at basketball combined with lingering injuries.

You must been an awesome coach with all of your knowledge and insight into the SA program. I'm curious as to how you have the time to know so much about several different programs.

This has nothing to do with the SA team. This has to do with your incomplete logic. SA will contend with Shelbyville for the district championship. They will however not be able to compete with Splendora. My replies are aimed at revealing the absurdity of your statements.

This has nothing to do with the SA team. This has to do with your incomplete logic. SA will contend with Shelbyville for the district championship. They will however not be able to compete with Splendora. My replies are aimed at revealing the absurdity of your statements.

It has nothing to do with SA but yet it has to do with SA against another team. Looks like I'm not the one making absurd statements.

Your logic that just because a school has a significant amount of more kids means they will automatically win is a bit absurd as well. Splendora is not a very good football team. They graduated 30 some odd seniors off a not very good football team. No amount of kids in high school can change that fact.

Your right. There is no difference between 1A and 3A. UIL classifications are for cosmetic purposes only. 275 lb linemen are no different than 175 lb linemen. The RB from Splendora that is going to A&M is not really fast either. All the coaches also agree that there is no difference between having 30 kids in your program or 100 kids in your program. You can only put 11 on the field at one time.

Your right. There is no difference between 1A and 3A. UIL classifications are for cosmetic purposes only. 275 lb linemen are no different than 175 lb linemen. The RB from Splendora that is going to A&M is not really fast either. All the coaches also agree that there is no difference between having 30 kids in your program or 100 kids in your program. You can only put 11 on the field at one time.

You are still assuming that more kids means better athletes/football players. I strongly disagree with that fact.

You are still assuming that more kids means better athletes/football players. I strongly disagree with that fact.

Right, I agree with you. Didn't you read the post? There is no difference between 1A and 3A. Teams that drop a classification never win a state championship when they could not the previous year in the higher classification. All teams that move up a classification do just as well as the did in the lower classification.

Just like Anwar Davis.....he is a track star for SA but put him in pads and he is scared to get hit....then when he got hit hard he was gone for the season.

His broken shoulder had something to do with it also.

There is a 3a school with 175lb lineman sir....
11 on the field at one time. ...

Not many. There are also 1A schools with players that go to the NFL but not many. There are also hamburgers in the McDonalds dumpster that are still good to eat but not many.