BobcatDis

6' 1" 170LB Defensive Back Keivon Ramsey of Judson added a Texas State offer.  He currently holds offers Texas Tech, TCU, Tulsa, Baylor, and UTSA.  He also attended Texas Junior Day this past weekend, but came away with no offer.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2343520/highlights/37417383

Keivon Ramsey committed to Texas on Saturday becoming the Horns 10th Commitment. 

Converse Judson defensive back Keivon Ramsey had a feeling this week that he was close to pulling the trigger on a commitment. On Saturday, after spending time with the Texas Longhorn coaching staff during a visit for UT's Orange-White game, things felt right for Ramsey and he put an end to the recruiting process.

KEIVON-RAMSEY-131121-2.JPG spacer1.gif spacer1.gif Keivon Ramsey committed to Texas on Saturday.

"Yesterday, I was with my boys. I was kind of talking about it, being ready. I was kind of holding off on committing because I wanted to make the right decision, didn't want to force anything," Ramsey said. "I told my boys, I might commit, and it kind of came out of nowhere.

"Today, I was talking to all coaches, coach (Vance) Bedford, coach (Chris) Vaughn. I just agreed with everything they were saying and felt strongly about it. I just enjoyed it and decided it was time."

The 6-1, 170-pound Ramsey chose Texas over offers from programs like Oklahoma, LSU, TCU, Texas Tech and Baylor, among others.

Rumors began swirling at halftime of the scrimmage that Ramsey may be close to pulling the trigger, and he turned those rumors into fact shortly after the final gun sounded.

"After the game, I talked to coach (Charlie) Strong about it," Ramsey said. "It was right after the game, on the field. He had a big smile on his face."

Out of his other offers, Ramsey said he gave the most consideration to LSU and Baylor, but it was a gut feeling that led him to commit to Texas so early.

"I've just been waiting for something to hit me," Ramsey said. "After talking to the coaches, and how I felt, I just felt like it was time."

A physical safety, Ramsey has made multiple trips to the Forty Acres over the last year. He attended a UT sophomore day last year, attended a couple Texas home games last fall and was at a UT junior day this spring.

Ramsey feels his size and physical nature can be an asset to the Texas defense.

"I can bring some physicality to the defense. I'm a safety, but in my head, I like coming downhill first instead of breaking up a pass," Ramsey said. "I'm not afraid of contact. I like to get in the mix of things, but I can still cover and do things like that too."

Ramsey likes what he saw from the Longhorns during the Spring Game, singling out the physical play of the defense as something that's different from what he's seen from Texas teams in the past.

"It's evident coach Strong has done things with the defense. They fly around a lot more," Ramsey said.

Texas State cranks up the recruiting on Monday with 4 offers going to out of state talent; including one 2016 recruit. 

Malik Manciel      Florence (AL) HS defensive end Offers: Arkansas State, Southern Miss, and Texas State

Roland Adams     Florence (AL) HS running back Offers: South Alabama, Texas State
Chandler Brewer   Florence (AL) HS offensive tackle Offers: Southern Miss and Texas State

Parker Boudreaux   Offers: Marshall, South Florida, UAB, Utah, Toledo, and Texas State

Malik Manciel quotes per Scout:

"I had spoken to Texas State earlier in the year right after my season, but it kind of caught me by surprise," said Manciel.

"He (TXST Coach Kyle Tatum) told me they like my style of play. My ability to make plays, play anywhere on the d-line and he wants to get me down there," said Manciel.

"I'm just looking for a winning program that will take me to bowl games. Get an education and that my mother be satisfied with the college life," said Manciel."

"I know more about their football program, but I gotta do more research on everything they have to offer there."

Texas State cranks up the recruiting on Monday with 4 offers going to out of state talent; including one 2016 recruit. 

Malik Manciel      Florence (AL) HS defensive end Offers: Arkansas State, Southern Miss, and Texas State

Roland Adams     Florence (AL) HS running back Offers: South Alabama, Texas State
Chandler Brewer   Florence (AL) HS offensive tackle Offers: Southern Miss and Texas State

Parker Boudreaux   Offers: Marshall, South Florida, UAB, Utah, Toledo, and Texas State

Malik Manciel quotes per Scout:

"I had spoken to Texas State earlier in the year right after my season, but it kind of caught me by surprise," said Manciel.

"He (TXST Coach Kyle Tatum) told me they like my style of play. My ability to make plays, play anywhere on the d-line and he wants to get me down there," said Manciel.

"I'm just looking for a winning program that will take me to bowl games. Get an education and that my mother be satisfied with the college life," said Manciel."

"I know more about their football program, but I gotta do more research on everything they have to offer there."

They're all from Florence? Lol

Well, he has already committed to Baylor, but it doesn't look like that is stopping the Texas State Coaching staff from offering Burton HS Athlete Louis Brown (6-6, 205).  He received an offer from Texas State Wednesday as members of the Bobcat coaching staff stopped by Burton HS to check on a few players including Brown.

Back on March 3rd, Brown made his commitment official to Art Briles and the Baylor Bears.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1754055/highlights/139719375

They're all from Florence? Lol

Yep,  Florence has several players on this year's squad that have D1 offers.  Every year Coach Kyle Tatum dips into the state searching for talent with some success.   It should be noted Tatum was a four-star defensive tackle out of Prattville HS back in 2002, where he eventually signed with Alabama. 

Yep,  Florence has several players on this year's squad that have D1 offers.  Every year Coach Kyle Tatum dips into the state searching for talent with some success.   It should be noted Tatum was a four-star defensive tackle out of Prattville HS back in 2002, where he eventually signed with Alabama. 

Man speaking of Prattville HS.  Looks like Coach Tatum is making a trip back to his ol stomping grounds.  A rather "larger and in charge" OT Kenny Thomas of Prattville HS just  received an offer from Texas State.  He stands at 6' 6" 315LBS

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/472513/kenny-thomas

Texas State begins to go the JUCO route.  There are 2 new offers out there for the offensive side of the ball.

6'5" 290LB Brandon Hodges (OT) of East Mississippi CC and 6'2" 175LB Alex Byers of Antelope Valley JC

Alex Byers Highlights

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2952398/highlights/105751385

Per Scout on Byers:

Currently, Texas State has 4 offers out to wide receivers and the latest target to surface is from the juco ranks. Just last week, CO-OC and Quarterbacks Coach Mike Schultz paid a visit to Antelope Valley JC (CA) and extended an offer to Alex Byers.

Byers is originally from Florida who went cross country to take an opportunity at the juco level to get his grades right and the shot of continuing on at the division one level. Since his Texas State offer, Georgia State has also ponied up.

The 6'2" 175lb WR is just seeing his recruiting start. Along with a frame that can add a few more pounds, he's got an extra gear that makes him a game breaker. He's been clocked as fast as a 4.32 in the 40 yard dash.

Texas State showing interest really caught Byers off guard and the Bobcats have now given him something to look into.

"It was a surprise, I don't even know how it came upon. He saw my film, he called me into the office. Me a cornerback and an offensive lineman. Once he released us from the meeting. He called me back into the room, he offered the scholarship," said Byers.

Speaking with Coach Schultz was something that left an impression on Alex.

"I talked to him that day. Really enjoyed the conversation and enjoyed meeting him. I really got a good vibe with the coach when he came in. He was different," said Byers.

The Bobcats are a new program to Alex, but since his offer, he's looked more into the program, the campus, and facilities. He likes what he sees so far

Franchione sends me a newsletter haha jk......Anywhere and everywhere just like you would for other FBS programs in Texas.  There are alot of Texas State websites that feature paid and free information fans, alum, and students go to.  Plus it doesn't hurt that I'm on mailing list for Bobcat Club, Alumni Association,and keep in touch with those that are close to the program. 

Here are just a few to check out:

www.csnbbs.com/forum-296.html

www.texasstate.247sports.com

www.texasstatesports.com

www.bobcatfans.com

www.texasstate.scout.com

There is a lot of recruitment activity going on outside of San Marvelous.  So much so I'm having a hard time keeping up with what I find and I've been trying to figure out what is legit and what is not through twitter, espn, 247, rivals, scout, or  just word of mouth.  One interesting thing to note is that the staff has routinely offered more than one player from the same school on more than one occasion.  It has happened in past classes but to my knowledge not as much as it is for 2015.  There has also been a lot more out of state offers to a lot more high caliber prospects.  This will definitely be an interesting class. 

6'3" 250# Chris Biggurs, DE of Coppell HS lands an offer from Texas State. He currently has 1 offer from Rice.  His dad was an all-conference OT for Tech way back when.   

Chris Highlights - http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1401095/highlights/140890375

5'10" 187# Charles West, RB of Coppell HS lands an offer as well.  He currently has offers from Arkansas State, Purdue, and Tech, but has recently visited Arkansas.

6'1" 195# Jordan Williams, LB of Jersey Village and 6'2" 185# Christian Taylor, Safety of Jersey Village both were extended Texas State offers by Brad Franchione.  Jordan has offers from Rice and Utah, while Christian reports offers from UCF and Utah. 

6'4" 190# Donta Thompson, WR of Ennis HS, gets his offer.  This guy's measurements are all over the board in terms recruiting sites, so I went with the smallest ones.  He has no other offers at this time but has been in talk with Baylor staff.

6'2" 200# Clay French, ATH from Northview HS in Georgia added Texas State to his offers that include Old Dominion and Tennessee State. 

Ladarryl Blair is a 5ft 11in 170LB athlete from  Dallas Kimball HS.  The QB/S currently has offers from Arkansas State, Arizona State, Boston College, Colorado State, Tulsa, and now Texas State.  He is still receiving interest from Arkansas, Tennessee, Texas A&M, and Indiana. 

Blair finished last season with just over 1,500 yards passing, 700 yards rushing, 22 total TD's, 22 tackles, and 7 pass deflections, while being named First Team All-District and First Team All-Area.  His highlights can be found below

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2975016/highlights/90692397

Trey Smith of Madison Central in Mississippi just received an offer from Texas State.  The 6'1" 205 QB/RB picked up an offer from Texas State last week and is the son of former Pro Bowl and All Pro NFL WR Jimmy Smith.  Currently holds offers from LaTech, University of Louisiana, Miss State, Louisville, and Memphis.

Quotes per Scout.com

"I was born in Texas. After I graduate my family and I are talking about moving back to Texas. I'm from Dallas. That's a plus for Texas State. I'd like to be closer to my family,"

"I've been thinking about visiting San Marcos. My mom wants to see it. I've never been, but I would really like to get down there and see what it's like," said Smith.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1940092/highlights/115266389

Well Franchione has about 75 offers out and building steam!!  Looks like he will have one of the largest recruiting classes in the history of the NCAA!!!

Nope, still behind Sumlin (96offers) and Strong (89offers) haha.  I guess he better pick up the pace huh?

In all seriousness expect Texas State's 2015 Class to be around 16-20 commits.

Riley Garner 6'3" 215lbs OLB from A&M Consolidated receives an offer from Brad Franchione.  The 45th best overall prospect in the country runs a 4.52 forty and currently has offers from both Colorado, Utah, Texas State, Rice and Fresno State. 

Quote on what matters to him most (Per Scout):

"Your going to the school for education, not to play football. For all I know I could tear my ACL or break my femur. I'm going to school for an education."

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1658148/highlights/115146380

Riley Garner 6'3" 215lbs OLB from A&M Consolidated receives an offer from Brad Franchione.  The 45th best overall prospect in the country runs a 4.52 forty and currently has offers from both Colorado, Utah, Texas State and Fresno State. 

"Your going to the school for education, not to play football. For all I know I could tear my ACL or break my femur. I'm going to school for an education."

Per 247 Sports: He just received an offer from Texas A&M

Anthony Lane, 5'10" 180lb DB  of Palm Beach Gardens HS reports an offer. 

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1892014/anthony-lane

Jalen "Scoot" Campbell 5'10" 170lb DB of Flour Bluff CC is reporting an offer. Offers are Texas (Once a commit) Texas State, and TCU

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/560617/jalen-campbell

Other notable players receiving interest but no offer yet:

Kerry Walker DL out of Shoemaker HS in Killeen

LG Williams QB out of Cibolo HS in San Antonio

Will Brown DL out of Texas HS in Texarkana

Ray Rudolph DT out of Kilgore JC

Hunter Herndon (Current Rice Commit) TE/QB out of North Forney HS

Tolly James DT out of Shoemaker HS in Killeen

6'3" 220lb Sam Miller (DE) of Canton High school lands his 6th offer from Texas State. UTSA, UNT, Nevada, Memphis, and Oregon State have all extended an invitation to this East Texas athlete.

Per Scout here's what he's saying:

"Right now, the fact that San Marcos is a fun city, it interests me a little more. I want to be somewhere where I'm comfortable. Plus they have the river. It's just a fun place to be. It seems like a place I would be comfortable with. It's only 4-5 hours from home."

"The main schools I'm considering are North Texas, Texas State, and UTSA. They're all in Texas and I like the fact that they're closer to home and not too far away. Oregon State is also a big one, I'm considering them also.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/601571/highlights/126350378

Commit #2 is in and it's a big one.  Texas State nabs 3-star WR Justin Gamble of Stoney Point HS out of Round Rock, TX.  This 6' 170LB star chose Texas State over Texas Tech and made it known yesterday that he is going to be a Bobcat.

What he had to say about why he chose TXST:

"Coach Johnson shows that he really cares. Plus, it seems like a fun place to play at, it's a great atmosphere."

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3124877/highlights/113670375

Anthony Lane, 5'10" 180lb DB  of Palm Beach Gardens HS reports an offer. 
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1892014/anthony-lane

Jalen "Scoot" Campbell 5'10" 170lb DB of Flour Bluff CC is reporting an offer. Offers are Texas (Once a commit) Texas State, and TCU
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/560617/jalen-campbell

Other notable players receiving interest but no offer yet:
Kerry Walker DL out of Shoemaker HS in Killeen
LG Williams QB out of Cibolo HS in San Antonio
Will Brown DL out of Texas HS in Texarkana
Ray Rudolph DT out of Kilgore JC
Hunter Herndon (Current Rice Commit) TE/QB out of North Forney HS
Tolly James DT out of Shoemaker HS in Killeen

Kerry Walker (6'3" 220LB) OLB picked up an offer from Texas State recently. He has already visited the campus by taking in the Western Kentucky game last year and enjoyed the vibrant atmosphere and experience. He claims that he "would love to play there" when talking about the growing TXST Football Program. He currently holds offers from Houston, UNT, Northern Illinois, Tennessee, and Utah State. He is also receiving interest from Oklahoma, Tulsa, and Oregon State.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2227658/kerry-walker

Riley Garner 6'3" 215lbs OLB from A&M Consolidated receives an offer from Brad Franchione.  The 45th best overall prospect in the country runs a 4.52 forty and currently has offers from both Colorado, Utah, Texas State, Rice and Fresno State. 

Per 247 Sports: He just received an offer from Texas A&M

Riley decides to stay put at home, commits to the trendy Aggies

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Local-linebacker-Riley-Garner-commis-to-Texas-AM-28757732