Class of 2015 prospects

If Chatman keeps up the hard work he should begin to see the offers come rolling in

If he had some film playing linebacker he would already have some offers From major FBS schools. If he plays running back all year he might not get the big offers he's looking for. SC's line was already middle of the pack in 4a, they just lost their best two llinemen and are moving up a class where they're probably going to struggle in the trenches for a while. It might not be the best time to play RB at SC. If the bigger schools offer they'll probably just take him as an athlete and see where he projects once he gets on campus.

DeUnte Chatman continues to impress on the camp circuit. Chatman tested out with a higher SPARQ rating than Kendall Sheffield who is believed by most to to be the top prospect in the state for the 2015 cycle and has received an invite to The Opening in Oregon. He's 11 points higher than Sheffield who's in second place, that's the same distance from 2nd to 6th. I'm sure Todd45 will still be on here to ask "so who from SC do you think will be d1". Congrats DeUnte, you might be the best athlete in the great state of Texas

http://www.studentsports.com/blog/2014/03/02/houston-nfsc-results-h-s/

His dad's been trolling the messages boards pumping up the kid. There are some pretty funny threads on TexAgs and Orangebloods.

If he had some film playing linebacker he would already have some offers From major FBS schools. If he plays running back all year he might not get the big offers he's looking for. SC's line was already middle of the pack in 4a, they just lost their best two llinemen and are moving up a class where they're probably going to struggle in the trenches for a while. It might not be the best time to play RB at SC. If the bigger schools offer they'll probably just take him as an athlete and see where he projects once he gets on campus.

Have you seen him play LB? (There was a reason he was THIRD STRING)if so you wouldn't be suggesting that. He could have an average year ay RB if the coach develops a scheme that suits his attributes. ............but that would mean that guy over there would have to "coach"..........good luck with that.

Have you seen him play LB? (There was a reason he was THIRD STRING)if so you wouldn't be suggesting that. He could have an average year ay RB if the coach develops a scheme that suits his attributes. ............but that would mean that guy over there would have to "coach"..........good luck with that.

Nah, but I seen himplay running back. He's scheme specific as far as carrying the ball goes. It's hard to go FBS playing back when you can't start in high school as a junior. He's athletic enough to play all three LB positions, if he can't run straight forward playing RB his athleticism is null and void because he doesn't change directions like the backs that go to the schools he probably wants to attend. IJS, Braden beat him out the last two years and look at where he's going to school.

Nah, but I seen himplay running back. He's scheme specific as far as carrying the ball goes. It's hard to go FBS playing back when you can't start in high school as a junior. He's athletic enough to play all three LB positions, if he can't run straight forward playing RB his athleticism is null and void because he doesn't change directions like the backs that go to the schools he probably wants to attend. IJS, Braden beat him out the last two years and look at where he's going to school.

I was a bit surprised he turned down the Army offer to go to Lutheran. I'm sure there are reasons that I'm unaware of. Either way, he was a 2 star RB with four years of varsity experience. Not at all surprised they went with him as the starter over Chatman, however I was surprised when his consistency as a ball carrier was declining and Chatman's was improving mid to late season, and they still gave Braden more carries. 

@Cougar14 - I might be wrong but starting as a junior is few and far between in big boy ball 5A and so on. Every team WB faced this year had a RB by committee and had Seniors and Juniors plus Sophomores. PA Memorial has a junior that had less carries and yardage then the sophomore and still is getting the big time offers. Toby @ Central have about 5 RB's over there at the use to be 4A program with offers to FBS. You said that to me when I first brought up my kid and the truth is that statement does not hold water. With all do respect.

I was a bit surprised he turned down the Army offer to go to Lutheran. I'm sure there are reasons that I'm unaware of. Either way, he was a 2 star RB with four years of varsity experience. Not at all surprised they went with him as the starter over Chatman, however I was surprised when his consistency as a ball carrier was declining and Chatman's was improving mid to late season, and they still gave Braden more carries.

He didn't choose Army because of the coaching change...... the running "scheme" last season was pathetic for both of the backs. There were four run plays, and they were predictable.If Braden had gotten 15 to 20 carries a game he would have eclipsed 120yds every game easy. You run Braden in there with these horrible play calls and his "series" is over. Now you sit on the sideline for three series and are expected to come in and produce. In my opinion that strategy was unfair to both kids.

Athletic yes.........physical? NO..........Haven't seen too many unphysical LB's make it at the next level. And there were no tackles or runs where he demonstrated physicality except for a couple of db's falling at his legs.

Athletic yes.........physical? NO..........Haven't seen too many unphysical LB's make it at the next level. And there were no tackles or runs where he demonstrated physicality except for a couple of db's falling at his legs.

I disagree.  If you are 6'3" 220, bench 300+ and run a legit 4.6 40, you get plenty of FBS offers.  The one in particular I'm thinking of even made it to the 53 man roster cut in the NFL.  He was soft as Charmin.  IJS

Oh, and that was before we had all these camps, combines and showcases.  

I don't know Chatman but I've seen film on him and seen his combines results.  I can promise you he will have his fair share of FBS offers and that is a fact jack.

I disagree.  If you are 6'3" 220, bench 300+ and run a legit 4.6 40, you get plenty of FBS offers.  The one in particular I'm thinking of even made it to the 53 man roster cut in the NFL.  He was soft as Charmin.  IJS

Oh, and that was before we had all these camps, combines and showcases.  

I don't know Chatman but I've seen film on him and seen his combines results.  I can promise you he will have his fair share of FBS offers and that is a fact jack.

And while I'm thinking about it, you do realize that Chatman's Sparq rating is currently higher than Tony Brown's was at the same point in time in their careers, right?  Physicality only goes so far in the world of camps and combines that we live in now.

Really, you don't think Chatman is physical Atomic? "Physicality" was the first word that came to my mind when I first saw him carry a ball. Granted, the second was "Flat-Footed", but I was impressed with his first year as an RB. He got better and better as the season progressed (his fumbling was less frequent, mainly) and I will agree with you, both Chatman and Braden should have gotten more carries when one of them was doing well in a game instead of rotating them out every two plays. That along with Ford getting pass happy in situations where the run was working. That being said, coach Ford is a great man and I don't think he deserves such disrespect.

Really, you don't think Chatman is physical Atomic? "Physicality" was the first word that came to my mind when I first saw him carry a ball. Granted, the second was "Flat-Footed", but I was impressed with his first year as an RB. He got better and better as the season progressed (his fumbling was less frequent, mainly) and I will agree with you, both Chatman and Braden should have gotten more carries when one of them was doing well in a game instead of rotating them out every two plays. That along with Ford getting pass happy in situations where the run was working. That being said, coach Ford is a great man and I don't think he deserves such disrespect.

Never slighted him as a man. As a matter of fact I have nothing but respect and admiration for him for the way he handled things with his wife's illness along with juggling the duties of high school AD as well as head football coach. I just feel his coach and decision making skills leave a lot to be desired.

@Cougar14 - I might be wrong but starting as a junior is few and far between in big boy ball 5A and so on. Every team WB faced this year had a RB by committee and had Seniors and Juniors plus Sophomores. PA Memorial has a junior that had less carries and yardage then the sophomore and still is getting the big time offers. Toby @ Central have about 5 RB's over there at the use to be 4A program with offers to FBS. You said that to me when I first brought up my kid and the truth is that statement does not hold water. With all do respect.

Yeah, you're a little wrong. Look at the top 20 backs in the state. Unless you're Soso Jambao or Rodney Anderson and had another 4 star in front of you then they ALL started yas juniors regardless of their classes, that's the film they use to receive their Spring offers. What 5a/6a backs have gone FBS from around here that didn't start their junior year and wasn't injury related? The truth is Tristan Houston and Kameron Martin who did/will do their work as juniors even though both had offers after sophomore year. Big boy football has big time backs, trust me, I've just got through watching one play about 35 games.

Yeah, you're a little wrong. Look at the top 20 backs in the state. Unless you're Soso Jambao or Rodney Anderson and had another 4 star in front of you then they ALL started yas juniors regardless of their classes, that's the film they use to receive their Spring offers. What 5a/6a backs have gone FBS from around here that didn't start their junior year and wasn't injury related? The truth is Tristan Houston and Kameron Martin who did/will do their work as juniors even though both had offers after sophomore year. Big boy football has big time backs, trust me, I've just got through watching one play about 35 games.

Cougar14 - Yes Ma'am If, If was a Fifth, We Would All Be Drunk!!! The truth is I know football and am not trying to discredit you but I have spoke with several college coaches, people in the know, and also a college coach who gave me info to help get my son more exposure after you made that statement that said from what he saw he could play D1 - Western and maybe Big-12. Now that was just one school out of how 100 plus FBS school's and I am pretty sure that all of these coaches think the same way. If they did there would not be statements like, "Diamond in the rough, Break Out Performer, or even like one guy said last week some kids mature there senior year." Also, what happens when a coach come to see one kid and sees a talent that he have not heard of. There are too many scouts at the start of the season to say that this never happens are is far fetched. You sound pretty knowledgable but are just off base with what you are saying. Also, alot of it has to do with their size and speed witch is the case with SoSo and Rodney. Be careful with that because some of these guys are just in a district of their own so to speak because they play such dogs in their district and when they get out into the playoffs it shows. The truth is there are many factors into it and I can bet there is not too many coaches caring if the kid they saw run through 15 tackles on the night for 280 yards wondering hmmmm.... I wonder did he start his junior year.

Cougar14 - Yes Ma'am If, If was a Fifth, We Would All Be Drunk!!! The truth is I know football and am not trying to discredit you but I have spoke with several college coaches, people in the know, and also a college coach who gave me info to help get my son more exposure after you made that statement that said from what he saw he could play D1 - Western and maybe Big-12. Now that was just one school out of how 100 plus FBS school's and I am pretty sure that all of these coaches think the same way. If they did there would not be statements like, "Diamond in the rough, Break Out Performer, or even like one guy said last week some kids mature there senior year." Also, what happens when a coach come to see one kid and sees a talent that he have not heard of. There are too many scouts at the start of the season to say that this never happens are is far fetched. You sound pretty knowledgable but are just off base with what you are saying. Also, alot of it has to do with their size and speed witch is the case with SoSo and Rodney. Be careful with that because some of these guys are just in a district of their own so to speak because they play such dogs in their district and when they get out into the playoffs it shows. The truth is there are many factors into it and I can bet there is not too many coaches caring if the kid they saw run through 15 tackles on the night for 280 yards wondering hmmmm.... I wonder did he start his junior year.

I never made one statement about your son or what he could or couldn't do. I responded to the statement you made about backs not starting as juniors in "big boy" football. I'm not even sure what your son's name is. I was talking about DeUnte Chatman, a kid I've seen go for over 200 yards and 5tds on like 15 carries. Not only that, he test better than most of the kids who will be at "The Opening". I wonder what they tell his dad? So far they've reported 1 offer from a mid-level FCS school. I don't know what "if" you were talking about previously but here's one. IF my argument didn't hold water then then the top 5 6A programs in Houston (Katy, NS, Westfield, Woodlands, Lamar) wouldn't have all started junior backs this year (Rodney Anderson, Tristan Houston, Latevius Downs, Patrick Carr, Ronnie Wesley). These kids play "big boy" football for the cream of the crop, not whoever your son plays for. Some of their underclassmen backups already have D1 offers too. I'm sure your son is a "diamond in the rough" though, good luck to y'all.

I never made one statement about your son or what he could or couldn't do. I responded to the statement you made about backs not starting as juniors in "big boy" football. I'm not even sure what your son's name is. I was talking about DeUnte Chatman, a kid I've seen go for over 200 yards and 5tds on like 15 carries. Not only that, he test better than most of the kids who will be at "The Opening". I wonder what they tell his dad? So far they've reported 1 offer from a mid-level FCS school. I don't know what "if" you were talking about previously but here's one. IF my argument didn't hold water then then the top 5 6A programs in Houston (Katy, NS, Westfield, Woodlands, Lamar) wouldn't have all started junior backs this year (Rodney Anderson, Tristan Houston, Latevius Downs, Patrick Carr, Ronnie Wesley). These kids play "big boy" football for the cream of the crop, not whoever your son plays for. Some of their underclassmen backups already have D1 offers too. I'm sure your son is a "diamond in the rough" though, good luck to y'all.

Another ignorant statement District 21 - 5A has been known as one of the toughest districts in our region according to DC and others. I think you stated maybe he should try winning the starting job as a junior or some crap you said. You can have your opinion but I do not agree and neither do the FBS coaches I talked to. My son is not the issue and is receiving attention from schools even though he did not start in the A or 2 back spot but did start all year in the B or 3 back spot as you might know it. And if you really think D Chat is going anything less than FBS you have lost it. I think the kid scored like a 130 plus Sparq in the same event my boy scored his 102.99. And I have seen that kids name on some of these FBS website as prospect. Coug this is going nowhere and lets just agree to disagree. I am done responding. Have a blessed day Ma'am!