Class of 2015 prospects

Deunte Chatman  won  the MVP Sparq at the NTFC with a score of 125.33.He should be considered one of the best athletes in Texas for the class of 2015.

There's really no should about it. He IS one of the best athletes in Texas so it's weird that he hasn't reported an FBS offer yet. I figured the regulars like North Texas, Texas State and UTSA would be on him pretty heavy simply because they don't usually get athletes of that caliber. I saw him saying Texas would probably offer but they just used their pipeline in North Shore to grab Houston, plus Warren and Jones are still on the board so I doubt that happens now.

I think that goes to show how hard it is to get an FBS offer playing rb. Our running back rushed for over 6k career yards and ends up at Rice, X. Turner puts up over 5k with almost 100 career tds and signs with Incarnate Word.

Chatman is going to get big time offers but he is going to switch positions and probably play linebacker. Illinois and Iowa state will offer him at running back and Colorado will.too.so he will have options because he is classified as an athlete

Have they said they were going to offer him? I wonder because Illinois already has about 60 offers out and has a bunch to rbs already. He's considered an athlete right now which helps his ranking but if he was considered a rb his ranking would fall significantly probably to around 100. I just know how good D'onta Foreman was, probably even more athletic than Chatman at that size with awesome film and he's going to play LB in college. The difference is he had a bunch of LB film already when schools were considering him an "athlete". We already have 2016 kids getting offers so Chatman might not get the "big time" offers until schools have most of their classes filled after the Spring and Summer evaluation period. I'm rooting for him though.

Come on  Cougar14,Chatman just won the title of Texas Nike Sparq champ at both the Dallas/Houston NTFC. doing a 4 flat shuttle.Foreman never could do that.It is true that he may have to move to linebacker but check out where Bobby Burton has Chatman ranked in the state of Texas for a pre-spring ranking for line backers.He is number 3 behind,Jefferson and Townsend.Texas A&M is coming to evaluate him for linebacker so do not give up on him yet.Chatman had the fastest shuttle time in the country for a kid over 200lbs.Tony Brown last year did a 3.9 and Speedy Noil did a 3.83 and Braxton Berrios did a 3.80 and they all are under 200lbs.Come on man

Come on Cougar14,Chatman just won the title of Texas Nike Sparq champ at both the Dallas/Houston NTFC. doing a 4 flat shuttle.Foreman never could do that.It is true that he may have to move to linebacker but check out where Bobby Burton has Chatman ranked in the state of Texas for a pre-spring ranking for line backers.He is number 3 behind,Jefferson and Townsend.Texas A&M is coming to evaluate him for linebacker so do not give up on him yet.Chatman had the fastest shuttle time in the country for a kid over 200lbs.Tony Brown last year did a 3.9 and Speedy Noil did a 3.83 and Braxton Berrios did a 3.80 and they all are under 200lbs.Come on man

So he's more athletic than his teammate Dakota Allen then right? Dakota probably had a dozen FBS offers after his junior year. He blew up at the Nike camp just like Chatman is trying to. The difference is he had some film to go with it. The guys you mentioned had tons of film by the end of their junior years, Berrios and Noil had some of the sickest film in the country last year. IDK if Chatman has much more than 1k career rushing yards, and you can't compare him to a kid like Kyle Porter who played behind another big time back. Braden was OK and Chatman never won the job from him with that type of athleticism which might worry some recruiters. You can't compare him to small guys, compare him to Zach Whitley like the people recruiting him will do, or that back from PF Hendrickson last year.

Come on  Cougar14,Chatman just won the title of Texas Nike Sparq champ at both the Dallas/Houston NTFC. doing a 4 flat shuttle.Foreman never could do that.It is true that he may have to move to linebacker but check out where Bobby Burton has Chatman ranked in the state of Texas for a pre-spring ranking for line backers.He is number 3 behind,Jefferson and Townsend.Texas A&M is coming to evaluate him for linebacker so do not give up on him yet.Chatman had the fastest shuttle time in the country for a kid over 200lbs.Tony Brown last year did a 3.9 and Speedy Noil did a 3.83 and Braxton Berrios did a 3.80 and they all are under 200lbs.Come on man

Here's Foreman's film for you to compare him to. Foreman picked up a lot of his offers late and some after his brother decommitted from OU with teams trying to get a package deal. You need to have the film which is why Chatman hasn't gotten an invite to the opening but several guys he beat out at the same camp have.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/558848/highlights/132685378

Here's Foreman's film for you to compare him to. Foreman picked up a lot of his offers late and some after his brother decommitted from OU with teams trying to get a package deal. You need to have the film which is why Chatman hasn't gotten an invite to the opening but several guys he beat out at the same camp have.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/558848/highlights/132685378

• 2 weeks later...

It's wonderful to hear about all the possible future college prospects, I really think that we as a community need to better prepare our youth for what all it will take to be successful in obtaining their college degrees. They must understand that this should be primary as they will face daily competition equally to their talent or even better. Some will get discouraged, some will get caught up in the freedom of party life in college, while some will ignore deadlines of studying for test or preparing for papers that are due. No-one will be there to hold their hands and the reality of playing at the next level is a much further reach than obtaining that coveted college degree! I wish them all well as they represent themselves, their families, their schools/community and Beaumont as a whole! Let's Go Get 'Em! :)

University of Houston Last week

SMU today  

Visited Ozen Panther RB Rodney Randle Jr

God is GOOD :)

He would like SMU, had 2 Abilene Eagle players go there recently, one is a WR right now and a very good one. (last name Joseph)

Very nice area. B)

He would like SMU, had 2 Abilene Eagle players go there recently, one is a WR right now and a very good one. (last name Joseph)

Very nice area. B)

My son will attend the SMU camp in June.   I will give updates on his recruitment.

This is exciting to see how his dream unfolds from a young 5th grader to now. His desire was to play for UT.  I said " you and every kid in America"(at the time) So, since the Summer before his 6th grade year we have tirelessly trained @ 6am, had two-a-days and discussions of his Future. We are just thankful someone is showing interest. God is definitely pouring out his Blessings  :) 

Not sure who they were at Ozen to see, but I know that Baylor has offered PJ Locke, and Houston has offered Locke, Mike Jacquet, and Devwah Whaley of Central.  I keep up with college football recruiting and a lot of times when colleges come to town to speak with the players they have offered they go to as many schools as they can while they are here to see if there are any other prospects.  Good luck to all!