How bout them Bronchos?

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1425112" timestamp="1376752086"]
I woke up today feeling good about what I saw last night. Dayton doesn't scrimmage teams like friendswood and Nederland so they can go up and down the field. They schedule them because they are very good we'll coached teams and will make dayton a better team. Dayton has at least 3 sophomores starting on the offensive line and they will get better every week. Dayton had to many penalties and dropped balls even for a scrimmage but those are things that can be cleaned up. Dayton's qb looked good especially if you consider he wasn't even the starter on jv last year. He has a good arm and will get better. He had his receivers drop several great passes including one that was a guaranteed td. Dayton's defense looked good other than a couple blown coverages. Dayton's dline has a junior at nose who will be a player and a sophomore at 3 tech who is going to be a stud. Didn't see much pressure on the friendswood qb but also didn't see any blitzing. [b]It's kinda hard to put pressure on a qb rushing 3 men when you have 5 lineman blocking them. But im sure dayton will bring those linebackers more as the season begins.[/b] I think dayton will do fine and friendswood looked solid as usual.
[/quote]

Good assessment all around.  I wish you guys had blitzed more often.  Its hard to tell how good your oline is in pass coverage when most of the plays are 5 blocking three.  Dayton's front seven looked really good against the run.  Most of Fwoods successful runs were misdirections and had more to do with missed tackles and good running back vision than successful blocking.

I had a chance to look at a video of the scrimmage that a budy of mine took today and you are right about your qb and your interior d linement.  QB had several balls dropped.  Your young dline whipped our oline 2s much of the time and held their own against our ones.  It was a good scrimmage and Dayton was a great place to play.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[/quote] FW had at least half a dozen over the QB head hikes and I don't think we recovered one of them because the defensive line was slow to react after their blocking assignments but I'm sure that will be worked out.
[/quote]

Yep, they moved last years all district dt to center this year.  First time he's ever played there and I've watched him play since he was in the 5th grade.  His snaps looked a little shaky alot of the time.  His back up is solid with the snaps and they may move him to guard. 

Koopman's oline is always in transition sometimes through the first two games.

[quote name="ragarm55" post="1425287" timestamp="1376796845"]
Have read all of the critiques from the Dayton posters, and FW poster, but have seen no mention of a score.  That's not Daytonlike.  Saw mention of a FW pass for a TD and that's it.  Was that all of the scoring?
[/quote] Don't quote me and I was even at the game - FW 28 ? Dayton 24 ?  anyway FW scored more points !

[quote name="jayhawk" post="1425292" timestamp="1376798529"]
[quote author=ragarm55 link=topic=113292.msg1425287#msg1425287 date=1376796845]
Have read all of the critiques from the Dayton posters, and FW poster, but have seen no mention of a score.  That's not Daytonlike.  Saw mention of a FW pass for a TD and that's it.  Was that all of the scoring?
[/quote] Don't quote me and I was even at the game - FW 28 ? Dayton 24 ?  anyway FW scored more points !
[/quote]

Thanks jayhawk...Two good programs that will always field good teams.  19-4A seems to have a good percentage of consistently good programs.

[quote name="ragarm55" post="1425302" timestamp="1376820743"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=113292.msg1425292#msg1425292 date=1376798529]
[quote author=ragarm55 link=topic=113292.msg1425287#msg1425287 date=1376796845]
[/quote]

Thanks jayhawk...Two good programs that will always field good teams.  19-4A seems to have a good percentage of consistently good programs.
[/quote] Yeah 19-4a isn't a cake walk anymore , it's going to be a dog-fight for a play-off spot this year ! Who is your team ?

Were we all at the same scrimmage?! The only way dayton moved the ball was in the hurry up. I love the way it took you a couple of days to get over the anger and put these crap up here. From where I was sitting the Dayton backers were HOT! Numerous fans, and I quote"we have to find a running game!" Congratulations on that #6 area ranking, because when the season starts,  that ish is GONE!!!!! :o

Rankings mean very little. Let's give the young offensive line time to gel. I hope the Broncos continue to improve and peak at proper time. We all know Summer Creek is the team to beat this year and there will be heated competition for the remaining playoff spots. Anything can happen and that is why the games are played.

[quote name="Atomic Dawg" post="1425344" timestamp="1376839773"]
Were we all at the same scrimmage?! The only way dayton moved the ball was in the hurry up. I love the way it took you a couple of days to get over the anger and put these crap up here. From where I was sitting the Dayton backers were HOT! Numerous fans, and I quote"we have to find a running game!" Congratulations on that #6 area ranking, because when the season starts,  that ish is GONE!!!!! :o
[/quote]friendswood has been to the semi finals twice recently. So has dayton. So don't worry about us just worry about your little bullfrogs.

[quote name="Atomic Dawg" post="1425344" timestamp="1376839773"]
[/quote]

Fans are fans... they talked like that in 07 and 08 too and what do you know state semis and finals those years. Didnt mean squat then and doesnt mean squat now. Sc has the hot hand in sharp and a huge enrollment to ensure more than enough support. Be thankful for what you have ... you're a big fish in a small pond  and soon you wont be able to talk so big.

[quote name="dayton" post="1425388" timestamp="1376849970"]
[quote author=Atomic Dawg link=topic=113292.msg1425344#msg1425344 date=1376839773]
[/quote]

Fans are fans... they talked like that in 07 and 08 too and what do you know state semis and finals those years. Didnt mean squat then and doesnt mean squat now. Sc has the hot hand in sharp and a huge enrollment to ensure more than enough support. Be thankful for what you have ... you're a big fish in a small pond  and soon you wont be able to talk so big.
[/quote]
You're right because soon I'll be talking ish on a college fourm!  :o

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1425375" timestamp="1376845087"]
[quote author=Atomic Dawg link=topic=113292.msg1425344#msg1425344 date=1376839773]
[/quote]friendswood has been to the semi finals twice recently. So has dayton. So don't worry about us just worry about your little bullfrogs.
[/quote]
Believe you , me. I AM NOT worried about what I saw the other night. The only reason I regret being there is I didn't get to share the celebration with D. Allen and his parents on the night he made his ccommitment! ....................GO DAWGS!

[quote name="Atomic Dawg" post="1425391" timestamp="1376850654"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=113292.msg1425388#msg1425388 date=1376849970]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Everybody's a winner in that case.

[quote name="Atomic Dawg" post="1425391" timestamp="1376850654"]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]thats good maybe your college team will accomplish something.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1425398" timestamp="1376852037"]
[quote author=Atomic Dawg link=topic=113292.msg1425391#msg1425391 date=1376850654]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]thats good maybe your college team will accomplish something.
[/quote]
As long as he earns his degree............... ;)

Hurry up O has it's place,if you don't have the size/muscle your opponent has you wear them down then go for the throat when they're on their heels.I love it so practice hard every day & set the bar where you want it to be,Go Broncos we're expecting 110%,nothing less.Recipe for success 17 yrs and counting.

[quote name="liltex" post="1425400" timestamp="1376852854"]
Hurry up O has it's place,if you don't have the size/muscle your opponent has you wear them down then go for the throat when they're on their heels.I love it so practice hard every day & set the bar where you want it to be,Go Broncos we're expecting 110%,nothing less.Recipe for success 17 yrs and counting.
[/quote] good post liltex ,the Bronx coaching staff will milk every ounce of talent from our team and having them peaking for the play-off's. Were starting off good so far because in 2008 Friendswood beat us our first game and after that we marched straight to the State finals (past the second round  :'()

[quote name="jayhawk" post="1425403" timestamp="1376854389"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=113292.msg1425400#msg1425400 date=1376852854]
[/quote] good post liltex ,the Bronx coaching staff will milk every ounce of talent from our team and having them peaking for the play-off's. Were starting off good so far because in 2008 Friendswood beat us our first game and after that we marched straight to the State finals (past the second round  :'()
[/quote]
You sound like them cowgirl fans, "we WERE the champs"...................and I hope those coaches are some professional milkers, cause it's going to take a lot of milking! ;D

[quote name="jayhawk" post="1425403" timestamp="1376854389"]
[/quote] good post liltex ,the Bronx coaching staff will milk every ounce of talent from our team and having them peaking for the play-off's. Were starting off good so far because in 2008 Friendswood beat us our first game and after that we marched straight to the State finals ([b]past the second round [/b] :'()
[/quote] hehehe... yep :) and it was a fun ride too... Be nice to ride again.. Soon I hope...

[quote name="Atomic Dawg" post="1425413" timestamp="1376856832"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=113292.msg1425403#msg1425403 date=1376854389]
[/quote]
You sound like them cowgirl fans, "we WERE the champs"...................and I hope those coaches are some professional milkers, cause it's going to take a lot of milking! ;D
[/quote] Gosh such anger.. And the regular season hasn't even started yet....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine