HUGE Select Softball Team List !....and GROWING!

Guest Toe Jam
[quote name="AMc" post="1419905" timestamp="1374165739"]
Houston Power and Impact Gold coming to Beaumont is awesome for our girls! The ones it will benefit are our girls who have what it takes to make it to a big D1. It's sad to say, but once you get the right combination of hard work, talent, determination, and attitude on the players part, it DOES matter what name they have on that jersey. We know from experience. Parents have to be willing to turn your daughter's game over to the coach/manager/organization that's willing to push her beyond what she thought was her limits, then let things happen. If our local coaches don't live up to those organizations expectations and reputation, they won't be coaches for long. And that's a good thing. The local softball drama won't last long with those groups. Parents and kids will have to step up their game and rise to the level of success. Some of our local guys have done an amazing job getting our local players to the next level, but it's time to make things better. There will still be a place for some of these smaller organizations, but this opens up so many possibilities! My advice is to find out what your daughter's goal is, and give her every opportunity to reach it. It's not going to fall in her lap in softball.
[/quote]

Just a word of advice, don't get caught up in the "allure" of the D1 college title "prestige", a majority of players, guys and gals, have done it and regretted it (the ones who wanted to play at least).  There are a select few players that are going to be able to step into a D1 college as a freshman and do anything but set the bench.  A general consensus is playing at a good juco is better than setting the bench at a D1 with all that prestige around you! Oh, and the name on the jersey of the select team means squat if you don't have the talent.  Just being real!

A product worth having, you have no trouble selling.

Everyone come out to the Sept Stars Over Texas College Exposure tournament and judge for yourselves. From the looks on their website , most of the big dogs will be there both 16 u and 18 u .  There will always be a place for a kid to play if they want to play. From the Big Teams to he not so Big teams and everything in between. Keep your goals high and do the best you can and you can achieve whatever you want to.

[quote name="Toe Jam" post="1421107" timestamp="1375571483"]
[quote author=AMc link=topic=112920.msg1419905#msg1419905 date=1374165739]
Houston Power and Impact Gold coming to Beaumont is awesome for our girls! The ones it will benefit are our girls who have what it takes to make it to a big D1. It's sad to say, but once you get the right combination of hard work, talent, determination, and attitude on the players part, it DOES matter what name they have on that jersey. We know from experience. Parents have to be willing to turn your daughter's game over to the coach/manager/organization that's willing to push her beyond what she thought was her limits, then let things happen. If our local coaches don't live up to those organizations expectations and reputation, they won't be coaches for long. And that's a good thing. The local softball drama won't last long with those groups. Parents and kids will have to step up their game and rise to the level of success. Some of our local guys have done an amazing job getting our local players to the next level, but it's time to make things better. There will still be a place for some of these smaller organizations, but this opens up so many possibilities! My advice is to find out what your daughter's goal is, and give her every opportunity to reach it. It's not going to fall in her lap in softball.
[/quote]

Just a word of advice, don't get caught up in the "allure" of the D1 college title "prestige", a majority of players, guys and gals, have done it and regretted it (the ones who wanted to play at least).  There are a select few players that are going to be able to step into a D1 college as a freshman and do anything but set the bench.  A general consensus is playing at a good juco is better than setting the bench at a D1 with all that prestige around you! Oh, and the name on the jersey of the select team means squat if you don't have the talent.  Just being real!

[/quote]

As you quote one of the BEST post I have read on here in a very long time, you follow it with one of the worst EVER!

This post reads equal to the "Speed don't matter", says the parent of the 52 MPH pitcher.

WOW, Note to general public, new parents/coaches....be careful where you get your advice (Just a word of advice), and don't believe everything you read on the internet....

Guest Toe Jam
[quote name="Craig S" post="1421706" timestamp="1375793061"]
[quote author=Toe Jam link=topic=112920.msg1421107#msg1421107 date=1375571483]
[/quote]

[/quote]

As you quote one of the BEST post I have read on here in a very long time, you follow it with one of the worst EVER!

This post reads equal to the "Speed don't matter", says the parent of the 52 MPH pitcher.

WOW, Note to general public, new parents/coaches....be careful where you get your advice (Just a word of advice), and don't believe everything you read on the internet....
[/quote]

There are 286 NCAA DI programs, 264 NCAA DII, 392 NCAA DIII, 205 NAIA and 470 NJCAA softball programs in the United States.
Each NCAA DI program can offer up to 12 scholarships per team, while DII programs have up to 7.2, NAIA programs have 10 scholarships and[b] fully funded NJCAA Softball teams have 24 scholarships per team.[/b]
Not all softball scholarships are full rides and the majority of programs split up their scholarships in order to give money to as many good players as possible.
The junior colleges give the most full rides and where do you think most of the D1 Colleges recruit from?  Travel and select ball teams or junior colleges?  Maybe the all knowing will have the answer to that one!  Oh, and lay off the sauce when posting, cause your last one, made no sense!

[quote name="Toe Jam" post="1422057" timestamp="1375848920"]
The junior colleges give the most full rides and where do you think most of the D1 Colleges recruit from?  Travel and select ball teams or junior colleges?  Maybe the all knowing will have the answer to that one!  [/quote]

I'm not the "all knowing", but the answer is select ball teams.

[quote name="Toe Jam" post="1422057" timestamp="1375848920"]
[quote author=Craig S link=topic=112920.msg1421706#msg1421706 date=1375793061]
[quote author=Toe Jam link=topic=112920.msg1421107#msg1421107 date=1375571483]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There are 286 NCAA DI programs, 264 NCAA DII, 392 NCAA DIII, 205 NAIA and 470 NJCAA softball programs in the United States.
Each NCAA DI program can offer up to 12 scholarships per team, while DII programs have up to 7.2, NAIA programs have 10 scholarships and[b] fully funded NJCAA Softball teams have 24 scholarships per team.[/b]
Not all softball scholarships are full rides and the majority of programs split up their scholarships in order to give money to as many good players as possible.
The junior colleges give the most full rides and where do you think most of the D1 Colleges recruit from?  Travel and select ball teams or junior colleges?  Maybe the all knowing will have the answer to that one!  Oh, and lay off the sauce when posting, [b]cause your last one, made no sense![/b]A product worth having, you have no trouble selling.
[/quote]

It did to the one's that matter!

And that product you have can't be sold if you arent in the RIGHT market place I don't care how good it is, and IF the right person isn't marketing it CORRECTLY....it doesn't get sold...no matter how good it is...so keep on believing what you want, and in the process, you single handedly will blow smoke up some parents back side preventing a kid somewhere from reaching their full potential, because you spew ALL THINGS ARE EQUAL....translation: try selling a Bentley at a used car lot in Fred Texas...let me know how that works out for you!

[quote author=SEBLUE link=topic=112920.msg1422074#msg1422074 date=1375879961]
[quote author=Toe Jam link=topic=112920.msg1422057#msg1422057 date=1375848920]
The junior colleges give the most full rides and where do you think most of the D1 Colleges recruit from?  Travel and select ball teams or junior colleges?  Maybe the all knowing will have the answer to that one!  [/quote]

I'm not the "all knowing", but the answer is select ball teams.
[/quote]

Next thing we will be hearing from Toe Jam is college coaches recruit at HS games...

I didn't plan to reply, but maybe I should. The D1 in the SEC that my daughter will attend has 1 JuCo player. She was a pitcher, and most who transfer to big D1s are pitchers, like Kristen Davenport who transferred from Blinn to A&M this spring. My main reason to reply is to say that as an educator and a mom, I would never encourage an athlete to shoot for a JuCo. The first priority is education. We never considered a school that didn't meet my daughters goals academically. And by the way, most of the girls in the higher ranked programs who qualify for ASA Nationals year after year who feed Big D1 programs are honor students. You have to have some smarts to play such a strategic game. Why would you want to encourage a student in the top of their class with a 4.0 GPA to try to go to a JuCo for playing time? And of all of the Big D1 players we know, not one has ever said they regretted it. We don't care about the "prestige" or "allure". We looked for a quality education that will give her an opportunity to reach her life goals. And it was extremely beneficial for her to be in a program that has a reputation for turning out Big D1 players. When he text the ones she was interested in, they showed up to watch. And ultimately she did the work to get there! We had the means to take her to Houston 3x a week. Others in this area have what it takes, but don't have the means. These programs will help those have a better chance. It won't be a large number, but it will be more than in the past. When those select coaches take an interest in a player, and they text a college coach - that college coach will show up, probably at an 8 or 9 am game. They don't like the heat:)

It takes much more than just talent to make it to the highest level. You have to know what fits your child. We visited 21 colleges and Universities across the nation. It all has to come together. God orchestrates that. And for some of our local talent, God is working it out for them. Say your prayers and be thankful! 

Nice post AMc! +1 for that. I can only speak for me and my family, but I want my kids shooting for the stars! I don't want them to just be satisfied with whatever comes thier way. I want them to work as hard as they can and strive to be the best at what they do. I want the best for my child. Softball is a sport that one of my daughters loves to play and if she wants to play at a TOP DIV 1 team in college I am going to do everything within my power to guide her and steer her in the right direction, and put her in the best situation to get her there. That all starts with the grades in school.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin