Someone told me GTS is merging with IG. If that is true my daughter will certainly be trying out for them. We have been talking about our community coming together for years and having the best of the best under one umbrella. Well this is it. Does anyone know anything about this? If so when will the tryouts be posted?

GTS will be making an official public statement in the very near future regarding our organization's long term plans. The announcement will include Fall 2013 tryout information for all age levels from 8u thru Gold. Please stay tuned to setxsports.com and our organizational website over the next couple of weeks for further details.

Bryan Sartin
President
GT Shockers
409-749-9251

We had planned on attending tryouts this past fall but she wanted to stick with her friends on her current team. She finally realized that if she wants to play ball in college that the only team that was going to help get her there was GTS/IG. I just heard the rumor mill at the ball park and thought well if she wants it, nows the time.

And most of the people that were talking agreed as well. WHAT AN OPPORTUNITY! For sure not taking anything away from GTS, we were on our way there anyway.

[quote name="Wallace11" post="1417493" timestamp="1372701743"]
We had planned on attending tryouts this past fall but she wanted to stick with her friends on her current team. She finally realized that if she wants to play ball in college [b]that the only team that was going to help get her there was GTS/IG[/b]. I just heard the rumor mill at the ball park and thought well if she wants it, nows the time.

And most of the people that were talking agreed as well. WHAT AN OPPORTUNITY! For sure not taking anything away from GTS, we were on our way there anyway.
[/quote]

:o That is not true. There many teams that can help you.

Guest U cant be serious
[quote name="MomSoftball" post="1417542" timestamp="1372712377"]
[quote author=Wallace11 link=topic=112716.msg1417493#msg1417493 date=1372701743]
We had planned on attending tryouts this past fall but she wanted to stick with her friends on her current team. She finally realized that if she wants to play ball in college [b]that the only team that was going to help get her there was GTS/IG[/b]. I just heard the rumor mill at the ball park and thought well if she wants it, nows the time.

[/quote]

Very true Momsoftball!  Lol, if you read the post in this thread carefully, it almost sounds scripted like an advertisement for GTS / IG or maybe a romance novel.  Anyway there are teams in the area with great talent and coaches who will treat your daughter with respect and not like an expendable commodity.  But hey, it will be interesting to see how this love story ends.
[/quote]

This is Trout the GT Shocker Gold coach. We have gotten more kids recruited than any organization in this area. There is no team in this area that has the contacts that we do and nobody that recruits as well as we do.  I understand that others do this also just not as well as we do. Check the facts they speak for themselves just check our website. I also resent the implication that we use kids as a expendable commodity. Those that play for me work their butts off and earn the respect that they deserve because of their actions. If you have any questions you can PM me or call me at 409-658-9056, if not go back into hiding.

It would serve some well to admit the obvious. When I started GTS, I knew early on I could not accomplish the goals I wanted for my players alone. I immediately went to the more experienced and those with more experience. Verde, Trout, Trahan, Wiese as coaches and recruiting, Lemoine as former player, I even spoke to current players (at the time) for how and why we should do the things we do/did.

I also spent many hours with Houston area coaches of organizations with years of success. I lost some of the best talent ive ever coached to Houston Power, Impact Gold, etc.....why? Because I told them....we...GT Shockers can NOT provide you with the recruiting opportunities that those organization can.

some may consider me rude, arrogant, egotistical, etc...to each their own....but nothing stood or stands in the way of helping players reach their goal of playing at the next level....and not just that....but at the highest level of their talents....and if that means send kids to Houston....so be it....not about personal pride, rather the pride one has for the success of each and every player....

With that said....IF....GT Shockers do merge with Impact Gold in the name of extending opportunities for local players....at the cost of swallowing pride...or more likely not having any to begin with, when it comes to helping kids....good for them!

for those who choose to continue to deny, or miss out on opportunities because of barriers, territories, or just plain pissing contest....so be it, but please....do not spread your denial to others costing them the opportunity.

as some may know, i no longer have a dog in this hunt....but as Trout stated, numbers dont lie...GTS is the youngest organization yet the most players ever recruited in the area...i believe 37 in 5 Years....second....to NONE!

[quote name="U cant be serious" post="1417570" timestamp="1372723094"]
[quote author=MomSoftball link=topic=112716.msg1417542#msg1417542 date=1372712377]
[quote author=Wallace11 link=topic=112716.msg1417493#msg1417493 date=1372701743]

[/quote]

Very true Momsoftball!  Lol, if you read the post in this thread carefully, it almost sounds scripted like an advertisement for GTS / IG or maybe a romance novel.  Anyway there are teams in the area with great talent and coaches who will treat your daughter with respect and not like an expendable commodity.  But hey, it will be interesting to see how this love story ends.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Yes I am "advertising" that my kid is going to try out and I hope she makes the team.  We are currently on a team that has some good talent and some good coaches (They have talked about recruiting but that's it). When we heard about the IG merger, I wanted to know if it was really true. On another note-Don't take my wording so literally. Don't be snarky and try to start an online debate about who has the best teams. Like I stated above-we (MY FAMILY) are trying something different. I think it would be great if we had all the talent together and showed the nation what SE Texas was all about. NOW THAT WOULD BE A LOVE STORY!

On another note: As it stands, GT Shockers are already the only team in the area to play in the Ronald McDonald and the Louisville Slugger showcases, which are the 2 best and largest recruiting tournaments in Texas AND are put on by Impact Gold (and made possible by seeking help from those before us...Verde, etc) They are also in the  Tx Elite showcases, the American Freedom showcase in Dallas amoung others, McNeese, ULL, Navarro.

IF, they do merge with Impact Gold, the exposure for local players goes to a level that NO ONE in this area has even come close to...a simple phone call by Impact powers extends recruiting opportunities to the Rising Star (Fla), New Jersey, Fireworks (Aurora, Co) or Independence (Bolder, Co.) perhaps even Surf City (Cal) and PGF (Cal).

With that said, IF this happens, this would not be for everyone, just like GTS was not for everyone....some want to practice 2 blocks down and go to Lamar PA....and that's fine....but learn from experience....it was a pissing contest when GT Shockers Gold was formed....and it seems history may repeat itself with some....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ryanboyer612
    Newest Member
    ryanboyer612