Zuri Prince Sighting

Hello all my faithful SETX soccer fans.... its been awhile since ol Rip posted some Zuri news ( or SFA) for that matter.

This summer she decided to  play in the WPSL for Houston South Select... for you old ladies who do not want to hang up your soccer cleats after high school or college this is a great place to get your soccer fix.. most players are college players or former college players and the quality is very good.

Well on Sunday they played the Fort Worth Panthers who have a formidable roster of current and former Baylor and Texas Tech players figured it was going to be a very tough game.  They the Panthers scored first very early and Zuri was playing very lack luster and very unenthused... had me and about half her new teammates pretty upset.... typical not making runs.. not getting back to defend even though she is playing the high forward spot. One of her teammates yelled at her MAKE A RUN.... AND i ECHOED YEAH 91...her new number... MAKE A DANG RUN. Why am I the only fan yelling these days?  Funny thing the night before she was telling me her teammates were not passing her the ball as much as she would like and I was thinking... I see why..... I do not blame them. Half time whistle finally blows and I am thinking geez why did I come... Its like playing golf for me I am just getting PO ed.  Well second half starts and what do you know she begins to make runs and about two minutes into the half she receives a cross from a wing player and and just as the very very tall long armed goalie is about to haul it in .... in comes Zuri.....Abby Wambach style.....Goal ! Best header goal I have ever seen from the kid..... ok ok wow you got one paw out the dog house.. now the game is tied at 1 apiece.. then not two minutes later she breaks through two defenders and has a sharp angle but still a clear shot at the goal.. ball narrowly misses far post.  Man I am thinking that would have been unbelievable one minute you are the least liked player on the team this day to now putting your team ahead in less than four minutes of the second half.... well I guess you cannot have it all.... Not so fast..... ten minutes later the Kelly Grad ( had to plug that in for Sharkfutbol) has a near identical situation where she bust through two defenders and some how recovers the ball and bam..... this time back of the net!!!!!!! 2-1 South Select final score... she went from outhouse to penthouse in about twenty minutes. I had one  player come up and apologize for yelling at her in the first half.. I told the young lady you were only doing what I wish I could do and not appear to be the only unsophisticated fan in the stands.

I did a little research on the South Select roster and a set of Twins have been playing for the Colombian National program for the last 5 years.. they have even faced our National team and told Zuri the Real Abby Wambach is HUGE!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder