**SILSBEE vs. DIBOLL BROADCAST, Game 3/Silsbee wins 5-4 and is headed to AUSTIN!

[quote name="Lumberjack" post="1410135" timestamp="1370133722"]
Congrats Tigers! The Cardiac Jacks lived up to their name. Good luck in Austin!
[/quote]

Thank you, but this would have been much more sincere it written, "Congrats Tigers!  Good Luck in Austin!  The Cardiac Jacks lived up to their name."  But we get the gist. :)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worth mentioning:

Silsbee's Kris Elers was 3-3, with a triple, 2 run homer and 3 RBI's batting in the 8th spot. Was his first start in this series.

Tyler Powell took the complete game loss in game 1, got the save in game 2, and the win in game 3.

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1410216" timestamp="1370168510"]
[quote author=Lumberjack link=topic=112325.msg1410135#msg1410135 date=1370133722]
[/quote]

Thank you, but this would have been much more sincere it written, "Congrats Tigers!  Good Luck in Austin!  The Cardiac Jacks lived up to their name."  But we get the gist. :)
[/quote]

??? I think just saying congrats is sincere enough coming from a man who just watched his team hang their cleets up. I'm pretty sure everyone who knows the outcome of the game knew what Lumberjack meant despite the order of words. Anyways, Congrats to Silsbee and I wish you the best of luck in Austin!!!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1410234" timestamp="1370187122"]
Worth mentioning:

Silsbee's Kris Elers was 3-3, with a triple, 2 run homer and 3 RBI's batting in the 8th spot. Was his first start in this series.

[b]Tyler Powell took the complete game loss in game 1, got the save in game 2, and the win in game 3.[/b]
[/quote]

Wednesday is a short turn around.  Hope he is ready to go on 3 days rest. 

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1410240" timestamp="1370188305"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=112325.msg1410234#msg1410234 date=1370187122]
Worth mentioning:

[b]Tyler Powell took the complete game loss in game 1, got the save in game 2, and the win in game 3.[/b]
[/quote]

Wednesday is a short turn around.  Hope he is ready to go on 3 days rest.
[/quote]

I agree. I believe Tyler will be ready.

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="1410245" timestamp="1370189300"]
I'm not naming names but saying in addition to several likely spots on the 21-3A all-district team there is also someone from Silsbee on the all-district 20-4A First team! So as you can see there is a lot of baseball talent in the town of Silsbee.
[/quote]
And who would that be??

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="1410245" timestamp="1370189300"]
I'm not naming names but saying in addition to several likely spots on the 21-3A all-district team there is also someone from Silsbee on the all-district 20-4A First team! So as you can see there is a lot of baseball talent in the town of Silsbee.
[/quote]

No surprise there..... didn't everyone that played in 20-4A make all-district! LOL

JK, Caleb is a good kid and a good ball player.  But lets be careful about making statements that he is the best player that lives in Silsbee and plays somewhere else.

The statement that he will move back to Silsbee next year is false..... His dad has given him the choice..... and right now Caleb has indicated that he wants to finish where he started..... Ozen.

If he choses to come back to Silsbee we will welcome him with open arms! 

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="usedtobe" post="1410216" timestamp="1370168510"]
[quote author=Lumberjack link=topic=112325.msg1410135#msg1410135 date=1370133722]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Try your best to be gracious and magnanimous and you get pulled over by a piddling word Nazi. FYI: Although the word "if" only has two letters in it, one of them is not a "t".  You can confirm this fact in the "Piddling Word Nazi's Handbook" aka "Dictionary". As Bugs Bunny would say, "What a maroon." :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01

• Heading into the summer and before two a days get going… what are some concerns or positives about your team heading into next season? I’d like to hear from some H-F people because according to some they are the district favorites heading into the season. I’m just trying to pass some time at least until we get our DCTF magazines lol For Bellville my concern is filling some holes on defense… specifically at LB,S, and DT… bright spots ? Basically the entire offensive line returns that paved the way for 3 RBs to rush for more than 1600 yards a  on the season (2 of those RBs will return as well). With all that said Bellville should still be a region favorite this upcoming season.
    • That’s not a choice, it’s the same thing and equally dangerous.    I’ve literally heard (with my own listening ears) the R County Chairman boast in a speech that “the only time I’ve ever voted for a Democrat was when I voted for Hillary in the Democrat primary! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!” You’ll never guess who is tweeting all over the place about how we need closed primaries this week.  Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.  Escalation of force.  These are concepts that you completely understand and teach.  Whatever we do today, we’ll pay for tomorrow. Impeach a President over something stupid? They’ll impeach yours twice.  Promise to lock up your political rival if you get elected? You can’t cry over somebody else doing it to you… even if you were just blowing a little smoke for the morons.   The old days of “don’t throw rocks if you live in glass houses” has now become “I’m pretty sure I’ve got more rocks than they do.” The frightening thing is that Ds only do it to Rs. Rs do it to Ds and other Rs alike without hesitation.  
    • Definitely does NOT sound like a fit for PN-G.
    • No offense, but both sides do it.  The Rs in Texas want to do away with decades of precedent and demand that Dems are no longer given chair positions on any committees in the Tx House. It sounds reasonable enough, until you arrive at a point when the Ds enjoy a single seat majority in the house, select the most leftist speaker of all times, and the refuse to give Rs any say in the legislative process by refusing to give them any committee chairs.     Experience has shown me that any time a party seeks to consolidate power in a legislative body, it backfires.    What I don’t like is a world where we cheer for Manchin for doing his own thing, but also re-elect guys like Paxton and Patrick when they make threats to R Legislators if they don’t do exactly what the Radical Right demands. Our Rep here in Hardin County lost his spot for voting against private school vouchers-his wife is a teacher. He also voted his conscience on the Paxton impeachment.  It cost him his seat…. Not because of the will of the voters in his district, but because if millions of outside dollars pumped into the race from outside the district and even an endorsement of his unknown challenger by Donald Trump himself.    Why do people like you applaud Manchin for being his own man and then vote against Phelan for doing the same thing?
  • Topics