Hemphill 7 on 7!!

Hemphill played 2 games tonight in shelbyville...don't know the score but they played Shelbyville first and then lost to San Augustine.

San Augustine beat Center in their other contest. Timpson and Joaquin are the other schools participating in the league.

[quote name="ponderossa" post="1410534" timestamp="1370310303"]
how did hemphill look?
[/quote]

Quarterback is a lefty that throws the ball pretty decent. Had one really big well built white kid that was decent.  No real game breakers at the wideout positions.  Lacking in athleticism but ran good routes, attempted to play technique on defense etc.  the game I watched them (San Augustine) they were just not near the level athletically

[quote name="AltoJacketFan5" post="1410508" timestamp="1370301090"]
[quote author=tigerheart link=topic=112293.msg1410336#msg1410336 date=1370262935]
Pretty sure they play in a league on Monday nights in shelbyville...believe tonight would be the first night
[/quote]

Off topic but who is West Sabine goin with as their QB next year?
[/quote

Rashod Williams will be handling the QB duties for West Sabine im pretty sure. He is a Junior that has good speed and throw the ball well. He has been playing QB since Pee Wee so he is no stanger to the position. He wore #4 last year and played WR,]

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1410592" timestamp="1370352123"]
So did Twine hang up the cleats... or move? no one has nailed that information down... just curious.. .
[/quote]Oh he moved to Livingston, will be taking Collins spot!! ;D ;D ;)

[quote name="Trocket" post="1410818" timestamp="1370380420"]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=112293.msg1410592#msg1410592 date=1370352123]
So did Twine hang up the cleats... or move? no one has nailed that information down... just curious.. .
[/quote]

hahahaha you mean they brought in another strong back with quick legs to carry the team... :-D

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1410823" timestamp="1370381474"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=112293.msg1410818#msg1410818 date=1370380420]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=112293.msg1410592#msg1410592 date=1370352123]
[/quote]

hahahaha you mean they brought in another strong back with quick legs to carry the team... :-D
[/quote] ;D man that was a sweet dream ;D

[quote name="tigerheart" post="1410561" timestamp="1370316997"]
[quote author=ponderossa link=topic=112293.msg1410534#msg1410534 date=1370310303]
how did hemphill look?
[/quote]

Quarterback is a lefty that throws the ball pretty decent. Had one really big well built white kid that was decent.  No real game breakers at the wideout positions.  Lacking in athleticism but ran good routes, attempted to play technique on defense etc.  the game I watched them (San Augustine) they were just not near the level athletically

On paper they have no gamebreakers, but they just keep grinding at you though and they wear you down. Don't forget the returning district defensive MVP in Hunter Cabral on that side of the ball, too. Plus SA has to take a step back this year because when you lose 19 or 20 seniors (total) on both sides of the ball who made major contributions. No knock on them just at a 1A level when you lose that much talent there is going to be a slight drop off the following season. And Alto is, well, Alto, and they always seem to reload rather than rebuild( the hire from within to replace Gardner should make the transition a bit smoother). This district will probably come down to the same three teams as last year (Alto, WS, and SA) with the Yellowjackets and the Tigers slugging it out for the district crown IMO. In spot duty last year Williams threw for close to 400 yds. and 6TD's for WS, so barring injuries I think the Tigers QB spot is settled for 2013.
[/quote]

[quote name="pinelandflash" post="1411055" timestamp="1370456989"]
[quote author=tigerheart link=topic=112293.msg1410561#msg1410561 date=1370316997]
[quote author=ponderossa link=topic=112293.msg1410534#msg1410534 date=1370310303]
how did hemphill look?
[/quote]

On paper they have no gamebreakers, but they just keep grinding at you though and they wear you down. Don't forget the returning district defensive MVP in Hunter Cabral on that side of the ball, too. Plus SA has to take a step back this year because when you lose 19 or 20 seniors (total) on both sides of the ball who made major contributions. No knock on them just at a 1A level when you lose that much talent there is going to be a slight drop off the following season. And Alto is, well, Alto, and they always seem to reload rather than rebuild( the hire from within to replace Gardner should make the transition a bit smoother). This district will probably come down to the same three teams as last year (Alto, WS, and SA) with the Yellowjackets and the Tigers slugging it out for the district crown IMO. In spot duty last year Williams threw for close to 400 yds. and 6TD's for WS, so barring injuries I think the Tigers QB spot is settled for 2013.
[/quote]
[/quote]

This isn't a west Sabine talk forum were talking Hemphill football wanna find out bout them. Not really worried bout finding out info bout pineland they will be ok

[quote name="tigerheart" post="1411308" timestamp="1370524109"]
I've heard rumor that Hemphill will be sticking with the spread this next year.
[/quote]
They are also sticking with 0-10 or 1-9.

I have heard they are sticking with a variation of the spread. It will all depend upon the personnel they have whether or not it will be run-heavy or pass-heavy. Hope they can compete this year, and I feel that Launius is bringing his winning pedigree with him. But, as one of my old coaches once said, you can't have a zoo if you don't have the animals(take from that what you may.......). I wish them well, mainly because working in Hemphill as I do I know one or two of the players.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine