7on7 Tournament Crosby 5-18

[quote name="CAL2TEX" post="1405977" timestamp="1368903325"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=112016.msg1405969#msg1405969 date=1368901495]
PNG is excited because they beat our number 2 team that's mostly 8the graders. Boys havea long way to go IMO. The coach is over here talking about "whew, more to come baby". He must mean 20-4a losses. 8)
[/quote]

Love how you always have "insight".
::)
[/quote]IJS, don't talk about SC and the way they act when your varsity kids are hollering "our house" over and over and they're playing on the middle school field. Most of those kids on that team are 13 and 14.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="cougar14" post="1405979" timestamp="1368904018"]
[quote author=CAL2TEX link=topic=112016.msg1405977#msg1405977 date=1368903325]
PNG is excited because they beat our number 2 team that's mostly 8the graders. Boys havea long way to go IMO. The coach is over here talking about "whew, more to come baby". He must mean 20-4a losses. 8)
[/quote]

[/quote]IJS, don't talk about SC and the way they act when your varsity kids are hollering "our house" over and over and they're playing on the middle school field. Most of those kids on that team are 13 and 14.
[/quote]Just to make things clear, the PNG team that won the JV tournament at the middle school was this years Freshman team.

[quote name="johnnyarm" post="1406046" timestamp="1368920858"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=112016.msg1405979#msg1405979 date=1368904018]
[/quote]

[/quote]Just to make things clear, the PNG team that won the JV tournament at the middle school was this years Freshman team.
[/quote]
Nice lol.    8)

[quote name="johnnyarm" post="1406046" timestamp="1368920858"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=112016.msg1405979#msg1405979 date=1368904018]
[/quote]

[/quote]That makes more sense then. I was wondering why y'all were playing 8th and 9th graders.

Poor PNG boys got tired after playing 2 games and went home.  >:( Kincaid won their last game by forfeit and had a 2 hour + break before moving on to the champion ship rounds.  They looked very fresh and rested compared to both GCM and RSS.  Kincaid has a very solid QB.  He had to of been the best one of the 8 teams.  RSS and Crosby QB's were right behind.

RSS had lots of drops, a few bad throws, and a few interceptions off tipped or dropped passes.  Defensively, our DB's and linebackers were spent.  All of which were the total opposite of their earlier games.

Overall, this was a good exercise for the offensive side of the ball.  QB is learning to look off coverage and receivers are learning to work through coverage and being a little more aggressive when the ball is in the air.  Miles for RSS looks to be a very good receiver he has height and speed.  Acosta at the slot is so shifty and works well in coverage.

I know it is only 7 on 7 during the summer but this is the kind of success they can be proud of and get things turned around.  There is still A LOT of improvement that can be made but a small taste of success is what they needed.

Alexander for GCM is going to do some damage to opposing defenses.

[quote name="ThirdDay" post="1406418" timestamp="1369082316"]
Couger14, I thought Crosby #2 team beat PNG this weekend.  If PNG did beat Crosby #2, that means they were 1-1 and with a chance to make to the semis by beating Kincaid. But went home instead.
[/quote]PNG had a jv team that played our 8th and 9th graders. I saw another team that had Shamal Gray which was our #2 team. Our #1 lost to kincaid in the semis or at least thats what i thought when i left. The PNG kids got ribbons after the tournament at the middle school. I was kind of confused, there were a lot of games going on.

gotcha.  I saw activity going on at the JR high but there was so much action going on on the varsity field that I could barely keep up there.

Yes, the #2 from both Pool A and Pool B beat the #1's in the Semi's.

Crosby #1 has a good group of DB's.  I can see lots of INT's from that group this year.

7 on 7 doesn't mean much but it gives you an opportunity to really see kids speed and agility. The Kincaid qb is a beast and only a sophomore. I think if we had Darion Gray we could have the best offense in the state, the kid is that good. Our #2 receiver, Cullen Lee, was listed at 6-3 and 190 last year but he looks even bigger and more refined which is exciting. If he runs well he could get an fbs offer. Remember the name Shamal Gray though, kid has playmaker written all over him.  He's only going to be a freshman next year but we didn't have 4 dbs that looked better IMO.

I know 7 on 7 does not mean a ton but for RSS this was big for their morale.  Having a new OC and going to a pro set offense has the kids displaying a bit of excitement they havent had in a while.  This small taste of success can do nothing but change the culture.

They still have a long way to go to be able to beat the top teams in District.  But with continued improvement hopefully they can at least be in some of the games.

From what I'm hearing there was one ref that was giving PNG hell consistantly during both games. Calling holding continually without calling both ways and the boys held their composure as long as they could until it was enough. Also, this one ref was calling a penalty for the man in motion not being past the tackles before the ball was snapped. Cant say i understand that one at all. I would hate to know this Ref just had it out for a school. Did anyone witness these events? :o

[quote name="johnnyarm" post="1406664" timestamp="1369160260"]
From what I'm hearing there was one ref that was giving PNG hell consistantly during both games. Calling holding continually without calling both ways and the boys held their composure as long as they could until it was enough. Also, this one ref was calling a [b]penalty for the man in motion not being past the tackles before the ball was snapped[/b]. Cant say i understand that one at all. I would hate to know this Ref just had it out for a school. Did anyone witness these events? :o
[/quote]

HAHAHA is this a new rule?? or is that a 7 on 7 rule?

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1406676" timestamp="1369161120"]
[quote author=johnnyarm link=topic=112016.msg1406664#msg1406664 date=1369160260]
From what I'm hearing there was one ref that was giving PNG hell consistantly during both games. Calling holding continually without calling both ways and the boys held their composure as long as they could until it was enough. Also, this one ref was calling a [b]penalty for the man in motion not being past the tackles before the ball was snapped[/b]. Cant say i understand that one at all. I would hate to know this Ref just had it out for a school. Did anyone witness these events? :o
[/quote]

HAHAHA is this a new rule?? or is that a 7 on 7 rule?
[/quote]It is a 7 on 7 rule. I didn't see a bunch of calls against PNG but I didn't watch all their games. I didn't see any issues when they played us though. If anybody had issues it was Crosby2, GCM and Huffman. I was kind of surprised with the language the refs let them use. I'm not sure why PNG left now but at the time I thought they were out.

I think there was only 1 ref that ever threw a flag.  We were hoping that he would tear off a couple pieces to share with the other guys.  :)

I thought they could have called pass interference a lot more than they did.  Maybe they just let a little more of that go during 7 on 7.  There were also a ton of false starts that were not called.

Sterling looked ok considering they haven't been much of a passing team these past couple years. They definitely look better than they did during 7 on 7 the last couple years.  They were actually fun to watch. I hope they keep working hard and building some chemistry.

[quote name="GCM DAD" post="1407403" timestamp="1369274448"]
I was sitting in the stands when the PNG players came off the field and one of them dropped the "F" bomb on one of the GCM fans. Somebodys mom to be exact. I thought that was very disrespectful.
[/quote]

:o

[quote name="GCM DAD" post="1407403" timestamp="1369274448"]
I was sitting in the stands when the PNG players came off the field and one of them dropped the "F" bomb on one of the GCM fans. Somebodys mom to be exact. I thought that was very disrespectful.
[/quote]
I sure hope you let them know that language was not tolerated. I would if it were rolls reversed. Kids want respect, but they dont give respect unless they are called on it. This wouldve been a good learning lesson.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    katty
    Newest Member
    katty