Summer Creek Domination? Nederland Domination?

on this post.. who slings the BS the best  

24 members have voted

1. 1. on this post.. who slings the BS the best

• SummerCreek it is!
    • cougar14
    • DemDAWGS!
    • aschom78
    • HUM398
    • Mr. Buddy Garrity
    • who cares ITS FUN UNTIL FOOTBALL STARTS!!!

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1416657" timestamp="1372349273"]
DDs... With all the hype that is following with SC... What would their psyche be if they lost a district game? not looking for any SA answer :-D serious question... I mean with all the success they have had in the District games... how do you feel they would deal with a District loss....
[/quote]

This team still doesn't know who they are this year or how some of the guys (especially at skill positions other than QB) will play under the pressure of Friday Night lights.  The reality is on the offensive side of the ball, only Sharp (and Jeffreys, but at CE King) has played as a starter with the pressure of performing each week.  Our top receiver IMO is Torrey Johnson.  Torrey had a lot of help last year from the senior receiving corp to lean on when the chips were down.  Greg Hogan was the de facto go-to-guy.  As for the rest of the receivers, none (that I can recall) had the pressure of making plays for the team to win.  At RB, Braden shared the duties with Aldridge as you know.  With Chatman being an unknown commodity at RB thus far, can Braden handle the pressure of being the go-to back?  We all seem to feel that Jeffreys has proven he can be the man at RB, but there's a difference in the expectations at CE King vs. SC.

My take on a District loss is it could be a positive and a negative. 

The positive could be they get beat and use it as a reality check that pushes them to EARN each win (knowing losing is a real possibility) instead of expecting to show up and win.  They just might be able show up and win during the regular season on their sheer talent ...but that's recipe for another short post season if that attitude/over-confidence carries on (save the over-confidence for me).

The negative side, a loss could lead to finger pointing and a lot of doubt that causes this team to implode.  Next thing ya know, Jeffreys quits coming to practice and only speaks through his agent.  Sharp starts thinking more about his college career than winning again at SC.  We have our share of guys that haven't been under the full spot light and could really crack under the scrutiny of the coaches, fans, and ...lets face it ...haters.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1416686" timestamp="1372352891"]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=111829.msg1416683#msg1416683 date=1372352056]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=111829.msg1416675#msg1416675 date=1372351300]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=111829.msg1416657#msg1416657 date=1372349273]
DDs... With all the hype that is following with SC... What would their psyche be if they lost a district game? not looking for any SA answer :-D serious question... I mean with all the success they have had in the District games... how do you feel they would deal with a District loss....
[/quote]

I know IMO coach it would be just like Lincoln in 2000 out of that stacked 20-4A district they had back then, changes would probably be made that don't need to made out of panic, only difference is[b] I don't think SC would implode and miss the playoffs[/b] like Lincoln did after losing to WO-S then rolling off 3 more losses to end the season.
[/quote]

I totally agree... I do think that a District Loss would make them more dangerous in the post season though...  kinda like a slap in the face... I think then they would come with that killer instinct...
[/quote] If SC does have a district loss, it will be against Dayton.. IJS  :P
[/quote]

It will be Crosby or BH ...Dayton needs to focus on beating Humble and Porter ...IMO  :P

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1416711" timestamp="1372357632"]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=111829.msg1416686#msg1416686 date=1372352891]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=111829.msg1416683#msg1416683 date=1372352056]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=111829.msg1416675#msg1416675 date=1372351300]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=111829.msg1416657#msg1416657 date=1372349273]
[/quote]

I know IMO coach it would be just like Lincoln in 2000 out of that stacked 20-4A district they had back then, changes would probably be made that don't need to made out of panic, only difference is[b] I don't think SC would implode and miss the playoffs[/b] like Lincoln did after losing to WO-S then rolling off 3 more losses to end the season.
[/quote]

I totally agree... I do think that a District Loss would make them more dangerous in the post season though...  kinda like a slap in the face... I think then they would come with that killer instinct...
[/quote]

It will be Crosby or BH ...Dayton needs to focus on beating Humble and Porter ...IMO  :P
[/quote] Ok keep thinking that... I sure hope you are spilling your over confidence to your team...

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1416710" timestamp="1372357530"]
[/quote]

This team still doesn't know who they are this year or how some of the guys (especially at skill positions other than QB) will play under the pressure of Friday Night lights.  The reality is on the offensive side of the ball, only Sharp (and Jeffreys, but at CE King) has played as a starter with the pressure of performing each week.  Our top receiver IMO is Torrey Johnson.  Torrey had a lot of help last year from the senior receiving corp to lean on when the chips were down.  Greg Hogan was the de facto go-to-guy.  As for the rest of the receivers, none (that I can recall) had the pressure of making plays for the team to win.  At RB, Braden shared the duties with Aldridge as you know.  With Chatman being an unknown commodity at RB thus far, can Braden handle the pressure of being the go-to back?  We all seem to feel that Jeffreys has proven he can be the man at RB, but there's a difference in the expectations at CE King vs. SC.

The positive could be they get beat and use it as a reality check that pushes them to EARN each win (knowing losing is a real possibility) instead of expecting to show up and win.  They just might be able show up and win during the regular season on their sheer talent ...but that's recipe for another short post season if that attitude/over-confidence carries on [size=14pt][color=red][b](save the over-confidence for me)[/b][/color][/size].

The negative side, a loss could lead to finger pointing and a lot of doubt that causes this team to implode.  Next thing ya know, Jeffreys quits coming to practice and only speaks through his agent.  Sharp starts thinking more about his college career than winning again at SC.  We have our share of guys that haven't been under the full spot light and could really crack under the scrutiny of the coaches, fans, and ...lets face it ...haters.
[/quote]

I concur on your honest assessment... and I have bolded the most honest statement in this post :-D see if you can find it LMAO!!!

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1416705" timestamp="1372356683"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=111829.msg1416699#msg1416699 date=1372354986]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=111829.msg1416689#msg1416689 date=1372353133]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Not IF, its when they play Dayton they will have a district loss, and im not so sure if SC can beat Crosby after thinking about it, if Crosby can play a lick of defense better than SC they will beat them also.
[/quote][b]I don't think dayton will be able to score with us this year.[/b] [b]The people i work with from dayton [/b]that watch practice said they're rotating 4 kids at qb and none look ready. Dayton was a 3rd and 36 prayer from the back of the endzone from being checkmated. The 3 turnovers to dayton's 0 killed us more than the two holding penalties we had deep in dayton territory that negated first downs and certain scores. We basically did whatever we wanted on dayton, both twins rushed for over 125 yards and raelon had over 120 yards on double digit catches. Just like the SC game the next week we had issues executing in the redzone. Dayton played their best game of the year and we played our worst as you can see by how the seasons ended up. I know dayton fans chalk it up to attitudes but y'all do know their younger brothers and cousins are still on the team right? Once other coaches got film of Dayton throwing fly routes they never moved the ball on another decent team all year. If we don't turn it over Dayton won't beat us at home this year.
[/quote] If I had the time.. and wanted to make an effort I would so go find the thread from last season where you said almost the exact same thing.. So what happened last season?  If these Dayton people you speak of, are on this forum please make it known who you are... [b]I think your about as delusional as DD's I mean [u]you did change your screen name after the loss you took from Dayton last year to Coug8broncos[/u]<--- that name change didn't make any since either...[/b]
[/quote]Whoa!  :o

[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=111829.msg1416689#msg1416689 date=1372353133]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Not IF, its when they play Dayton they will have a district loss, and im not so sure if SC can beat Crosby after thinking about it, if Crosby can play a lick of defense better than SC they will beat them also.
[/quote][b]I don't think dayton will be able to score with us this year.[/b] [b]The people i work with from dayton [/b]that watch practice said they're rotating 4 kids at qb and none look ready. Dayton was a 3rd and 36 prayer from the back of the endzone from being checkmated. The 3 turnovers to dayton's 0 killed us more than the two holding penalties we had deep in dayton territory that negated first downs and certain scores. We basically did whatever we wanted on dayton, both twins rushed for over 125 yards and raelon had over 120 yards on double digit catches. Just like the SC game the next week we had issues executing in the redzone. Dayton played their best game of the year and we played our worst as you can see by how the seasons ended up. I know dayton fans chalk it up to attitudes but y'all do know their younger brothers and cousins are still on the team right? Once other coaches got film of Dayton throwing fly routes they never moved the ball on another decent team all year. If we don't turn it over Dayton won't beat us at home this year.
[/quote] If I had the time.. and wanted to make an effort I would so go find the thread from last season where you said almost the exact same thing.. So what happened last season?  If these Dayton people you speak of, are on this forum please make it known who you are... I think your about as delusional as DD's I mean you did change your screen name after the loss you took from Dayton last year to Coug8broncos<--- that name change didn't make any since either...
[/quote]

OctFeb ...I say this with love ...you sure sound more delusional than Cougar by a long shot.  Your team last year was VERY weak.  Crosby was better than their record, but just had some fatal execution issues.  The Crosby vs SC game could have been MUCH closer had it not been for a few KEY plays.  One was a 4th in short deep in SC territory that was stopped.  The next was an INT in the endzone by SC.  The last was about 5 perfect passes dropped by a particular WR.  Had he made those catches as he should ....could have been a 3 point difference going either way.  Crosby gave SC all they could handle in the 1st half.  They just didn't execute (as good team should) down the stretch. 

All indications are Crosby should stomp Dayton if they can get over the history and just play the guys in front of them.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1416699" timestamp="1372354986"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]I don't think dayton will be able to score with us this year. The people i work with from dayton that watch practice said they're rotating 4 kids at qb and none look ready. Dayton was a 3rd and 36 prayer from the back of the endzone from being checkmated. The 3 turnovers to dayton's 0 killed us more than the two holding penalties we had deep in dayton territory that negated first downs and certain scores. We basically did whatever we wanted on dayton, both twins rushed for over 125 yards and raelon had over 120 yards on double digit catches. Just like the SC game the next week we had issues executing in the redzone. Dayton played their best game of the year and we played our worst as you can see by how the seasons ended up. I know dayton fans chalk it up to attitudes but y'all do know their younger brothers and cousins are still on the team right? Once other coaches got film of Dayton throwing fly routes they never moved the ball on another decent team all year. If we don't turn it over Dayton won't beat us at home this year.
[/quote]man your friends sure do like to feed you bad info. There are 2 kids that are competing for the qb spot. Plus dayton is not practicing its called summer conditioning. So if your friends are watching anything which i doubt they are its just a bunch of drills

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] If I had the time.. and wanted to make an effort I would so go find the thread from last season where you said almost the exact same thing.. So what happened last season?  If these Dayton people you speak of, are on this forum please make it known who you are... I think your about as delusional as DD's I mean you did change your screen name after the loss you took from Dayton last year to Coug8broncos<--- that name change didn't make any since either...
[/quote]

OctFeb ...I say this with love ...you sure sound more delusional than Cougar by a long shot.  Your team last year was VERY weak.  Crosby was better than their record, but just had some fatal execution issues.  The Crosby vs SC game could have been MUCH closer had it not been for a few KEY plays.  One was a 4th in short deep in SC territory that was stopped.  The next was an INT in the endzone by SC.  The last was about 5 perfect passes dropped by a particular WR.  Had he made those catches as he should ....could have been a 3 point difference going either way.  Crosby gave SC all they could handle in the 1st half.  They just didn't execute (as good team should) down the stretch.

An indication of Dayton's weakness is they allow SC's DEFENSE to dominate ...especially our secondary.  I believe we had the worst or one of the worst pass defenses in the league.  Dayton made our defense look like a pack of All-Americans.  I don't recall any other team aside for the Bermuda-triangle-of-losing, that is New Caney-Porter-Humble, allowing SC's defense to look so dominant.  If Dayton keeps it up, it will be the Bermuda [b]Quad[/b]rangle of losing.

All indications are Crosby should stomp Dayton if they can get over the history and just play the guys in front of them.

Dumdogs i say this with all do respect. Your ignorance is not just annoying its abundant. Just because crosby played sc tough doesnt mean anything. Crosby beat kp by one point and coug14 already said the game against dayton was their worst. So was kp almost as good as crosby and crosby almost as good as sc. Wait a minute then that would mean kp was almost as good as sc. BH should have beat crosby because crosby sqeaked by kp and bh killed kp. Man all these comparisons are confusing.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1416734" timestamp="1372362570"]
Dumdogs i say this with all do respect. Your ignorance is not just annoying its abundant. Just because crosby played sc tough doesnt mean anything. Crosby beat kp by one point and coug14 already said the game against dayton was their worst. So was kp almost as good as crosby and crosby almost as good as sc. Wait a minute then that would mean kp was almost as good as sc. BH should have beat crosby because crosby sqeaked by kp and bh killed kp. Man all these comparisons are confusing.
[/quote] ;D ;)

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]I did say that last year, turns out i was right too. 5 of your 11 games y'all struggled to move the ball. Only playoff team y'all moved the ball on was us, we moved it every single game except Ned which was Roirdan's first game. Like I said, we played our worst and y'all played y'alls best. Y'all played 5 playoff teams last year and other than us you didn't have more than 239 total yards in any of them, y'all didn't even break 150 breaking on SC, Ned and BH. Y'all played one good game last year Zapril, come to terms with that like i have.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1416734" timestamp="1372362570"]
[/quote]

Crosby has issues, but talent isn't one of them.  I see mental mistakes and execution issues.  A close game with KP could have been a fired up KP with their backs to the wall and an over-confident Crosby.

As for Dayton, ya'll just flat stunk last year.  Your record was better than your team.  SC wasn't as good as Dayton made us to look ...and Dayton wasn't a true 9 win team either.  You guys looked like PNG all day against SC.  What did Dayton have going for them last year?  Good coaching?  It wasn't the talent on the field.

Dayton has put more d1 athletes out than crosby the last 6 years so talent hasnt been a problem for dayton. All of daytons talent was young. Just like sc the year before. All i can say is sc is one injury away from being a bubble team to make the playoffs. Quit worrying about dayton and hope your team stays healthy.

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1416715" timestamp="1372358360"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111829.msg1416710#msg1416710 date=1372357530]
[/quote]

The positive could be they get beat and use it as a reality check that pushes them to EARN each win (knowing losing is a real possibility) instead of expecting to show up and win.  They just might be able show up and win during the regular season on their sheer talent ...but that's recipe for another short post season if that attitude/over-confidence carries on [size=14pt][color=red][b](save the over-confidence for me)[/b][/color][/size].

[/quote]

I concur on your honest assessment... and I have bolded the most honest statement in this post :-D see if you can find it LMAO!!!
[/quote]

I'm SC's self-proclaimed hype man (every team needs one and has one ...see MGB & PAM, Cougar14 & Crosby, Broncopride & has-been-Dayton, and the artist formally known as $MTC-28$ and Vidor).  Wait until this fall.  If you loved "The Greatest Show on Turf" ...I have several more terms of endearment lined up.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1416742" timestamp="1372363756"]
Dayton has put more d1 athletes out than crosby the last 6 years so talent hasnt been a problem for dayton. All of daytons talent was young. Just like sc the year before. All i can say is sc is one injury away from being a bubble team to make the playoffs. Quit worrying about dayton and hope your team stays healthy.
[/quote]

I'm talking about the last year and this year at Dayton.  No denying Dayton's lineage in the region and the quality of players from the program.

Yes, SC is in hot water with an injury at one of a few positions.  They greatly need to identify their future QB and give that guy as much time as possible. 

[quote name="cougar14" post="1416738" timestamp="1372362942"]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=111829.msg1416705#msg1416705 date=1372356683]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote][b]I did say that last year,[/b] turns out i was right too. 5 of your 11 games y'all struggled to move the ball. Only playoff team y'all moved the ball on was us, we moved it every single game except Ned which was Roirdan's first game. Like I said, we played our worst and y'all played y'alls best. Y'all played 5 playoff teams last year and other than us you didn't have more than 239 total yards in any of them, y'all didn't even break 150 breaking on SC, Ned and BH. Y'all played one good game last year Zapril, come to terms with that like i have.
[/quote] Umm you were talking about the game against Dayton.. Now that you have been called out.. you wanna drag the other "W"'s (which is all the matters anyway) into the picture.... And DD's you have no idea what you are talking about...

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1416743" timestamp="1372363821"]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=111829.msg1416715#msg1416715 date=1372358360]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111829.msg1416710#msg1416710 date=1372357530]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm SC's self-proclaimed hype man (every team needs one and has one ...see MGB & PAM, Cougar14 & Crosby, Broncopride & has-been-Dayton, and the artist formally known as $M$ and Vidor).  Wait until this fall.  If you loved "The Greatest Show on Turf" ...I have several more terms of endearment lined up.
[/quote] [b]Fact[/b] is PAM doesn't have a "hype-man" nor do we need one, the programs' direction and success lately speaks for itself.  ;)

The only school represented on this board with a hype-man (a delusional one at that) is SC aka The Greatest [b]Choke[/b] on Turf, and that's totally understandable seeing as y'all need all the hype-men/women y'all can get to try to cheer y'all over the hump of winning a 2nd round playoff game.  ;)

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1416746" timestamp="1372364334"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=111829.msg1416738#msg1416738 date=1372362942]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote][b]I did say that last year,[/b] turns out i was right too. 5 of your 11 games y'all struggled to move the ball. Only playoff team y'all moved the ball on was us, we moved it every single game except Ned which was Roirdan's first game. Like I said, we played our worst and y'all played y'alls best. Y'all played 5 playoff teams last year and other than us you didn't have more than 239 total yards in any of them, y'all didn't even break 150 breaking on SC, Ned and BH. Y'all played one good game last year Zapril, come to terms with that like i have.
[/quote] Umm you were talking about the game against Dayton.. Now that you have been called out.. you wanna drag the other "W"'s (which is all the matters anyway) into the picture.... And DD's you have no idea what you are talking about...
[/quote]

What I do know is THIS Dayton team STINKS.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1416747" timestamp="1372364369"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111829.msg1416743#msg1416743 date=1372363821]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=111829.msg1416715#msg1416715 date=1372358360]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm SC's self-proclaimed hype man (every team needs one and has one ...see MGB & PAM, Cougar14 & Crosby, Broncopride & has-been-Dayton, and the artist formally known as $M$ and Vidor).  Wait until this fall.  If you loved "The Greatest Show on Turf" ...I have several more terms of endearment lined up.
[/quote] [b]Fact[/b] is PAM doesn't have a "hype-man" nor do we need one, the programs' direction and success lately speaks for itself.  ;)

The only school represented on this board with a hype-man (a delusional one at that) is SC aka The Greatest [b]Choke[/b] on Turf, and that's totally understandable seeing as y'all need all the hype-men/women y'all can get to try to cheer y'all over the hump of winning a 2nd round playoff game.  ;)
[/quote]

Don't try to back pedal on your role over the past 50 years.  You're the ONLY one in this forum talking about PAM.  You're a hype man dude ...embrace it.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1416745" timestamp="1372364287"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=111829.msg1416742#msg1416742 date=1372363756]
[/quote]

I'm talking about the last year and this year at Dayton.  No denying Dayton's lineage in the region and the quality of players from the program.

Yes, SC is in hot water with an injury at one of a few positions.  They greatly need to identify their future QB and give that guy as much time as possible.
[/quote]dayton put more kids in d1 last year than crosby. This year dayton has alot of juniors that will play d1. Talent was there effort and attitude wasnt. Also key injuries.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1416748" timestamp="1372364430"]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=111829.msg1416746#msg1416746 date=1372364334]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=111829.msg1416738#msg1416738 date=1372362942]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What I do know is [b]THIS Dayton team STINKS[/b].
[/quote] hahaha... you are now in the elite club of haters of the Dayton Broncos... We are used to it...  ::)

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1416749" timestamp="1372364546"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=111829.msg1416747#msg1416747 date=1372364369]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111829.msg1416743#msg1416743 date=1372363821]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don't try to back pedal on your role over the past 50 years.  You're the ONLY one in this forum talking about PAM.  You're a hype man dude ...embrace it.
[/quote]Hey dumb arse, if you haven't noticed since November 12th of 2012 (you been on the board) there's a number of PAM posters on here. Are you really this dumb dude? (and that's a serious question, not being funny either)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1416747" timestamp="1372364369"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Would you stop bringing up the 2nd round of the playoffs.  SC and PAM, Last year only ONE of those teams made it out the 1st round.  You can call your life line if you need help.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1416754" timestamp="1372365147"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=111829.msg1416747#msg1416747 date=1372364369]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]Would you stop bringing up the 2nd round of the playoffs[/b].  SC and PAM, Last year only ONE of those teams made it out the 1st round.  You can call your life line if you need help.
[/quote]You know what, I would have stopped long time ago if it wasn't true and if you wasn't the most delusional poster on this board.

Any thing else you would like to add sir?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder