Summer Creek Domination? Nederland Domination?

on this post.. who slings the BS the best  

24 members have voted

1. 1. on this post.. who slings the BS the best

• SummerCreek it is!
    • cougar14
    • DemDAWGS!
    • aschom78
    • HUM398
    • Mr. Buddy Garrity
    • who cares ITS FUN UNTIL FOOTBALL STARTS!!!

They say that Sharp is going to make his decision on a college this week .do you guys have any idea who that might be.Summer Creek is ranked pre-season #7 in the state with a chance within the season to be number 1 if a few teams lost because I do not see Summer Creek losing a game in the regular season unless for injuries.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="DChatman2008" post="1416321" timestamp="1372257337"]
[b]They say[/b] that Sharp is going to make his decision on a college this week .do you guys have any idea who that might be.Summer Creek is ranked pre-season #7 in the state with a chance within the season to be number 1 if a few teams lost because I do not see Summer Creek losing a game in the regular season unless for injuries.
[/quote]who is "they"?

They say that Sharp is going to make his decision on a college this week .do you guys have any idea who that might be.Summer Creek is ranked pre-season #7 in the state with a chance within the season to be number 1 if a few teams lost because I do not see Summer Creek losing a game in the regular season unless for injuries.
[/quote]

Still thinking Sharp's stock could go higher with a BIG season ...that aside, your guess is as good as mine.

It will be tough for SC to move up even with running the table again in district 19 ....UNLESS we show some SOLID defense and a more devastating run game (do you know any kids on SC that can help with the run game?).  That aside, SC will be the underdogs in most playoff games due to our brief history.  We must show we can deal with top programs like the teams ranked above us.

[/quote]I'm not even sure if Guyer or Cedar Park would move down with a loss because they're both such overwhelming favorites in 4A D1 and D2. They both play 3 5A playoff teams pre-district so one is almost sure to lose but don't expect the AP to put SC in front of either one of those teams, even with two losses like they both had last year.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1416406" timestamp="1372266547"]
[quote author=DChatman2008 link=topic=111829.msg1416321#msg1416321 date=1372257337]
[/quote]I'm not even sure if Guyer or Cedar Park would move down with a loss because they're both such overwhelming favorites in 4A D1 and D2. They both play 3 5A playoff teams pre-district so one is almost sure to lose but don't expect the AP to put SC in front of either one of those teams, even with two losses like they both had last year.
[/quote]#5-#10 I only see one team that may move up: [b]Texas City[/b]. The rest of those teams I see losing a game or more.

[quote name="DChatman2008" post="1416399" timestamp="1372266102"]
They can have a good running game with Chatman.if he proves to be the real thing then sc can have more balance to compete with top notch programs in the playoffs.Playoffs also comes down to coaching too no more blowout wins like in the regular season
[/quote]One thing for sure is Chatman isn't a better back than what AJ Jeffery has already proven to be or he would have gotten some run last year. Jeffrey was one of the top sophs. in the state and he did it on the field, not during a cone drill. He did it with everybody in the entire stadium knowing he was getting it too. I thought SC was supposed to have all these good receivers in the pipeline, why is a kid that played rb on a 3 win team getting a starting spot at receiver where he's obviously having issues adjusting? Chatman says he could get 1000 yards on 10-15 carries which tells me he plans on averaging 9 ypc. I know there's smaller backs that do that but big backs such as Keevon Aldridge y'all had last year have a hard time getting going when the o-line doesn't create movement which SC's rarely does due to them practicing pass plays/ pass blocking all the time. 

[quote name="cougar14" post="1416412" timestamp="1372267996"]
[quote author=DChatman2008 link=topic=111829.msg1416399#msg1416399 date=1372266102]
They can have a good running game with Chatman.if he proves to be the real thing then sc can have more balance to compete with top notch programs in the playoffs.Playoffs also comes down to coaching too no more blowout wins like in the regular season
[/quote]One thing for sure is Chatman isn't a better back than what AJ Jeffery has already proven to be or he would have gotten some run last year. Jeffrey was one of the top sophs. in the state and he did it on the field, not during a cone drill. He did it with everybody in the entire stadium knowing he was getting it too. I thought SC was supposed to have all these good receivers in the pipeline, why is a kid that played rb on a 3 win team getting a starting spot at receiver where he's obviously having issues adjusting? Chatman says he could get 1000 yards on 10-15 carries which tells me he plans on averaging 9 ypc. I know there's smaller backs that do that but big backs such as Keevon Aldridge y'all had last year have a hard time getting going when the o-line doesn't create movement which SC's rarely does due to them practicing pass plays/ pass blocking all the time.
[/quote]hmmmmm...... good points.

[quote author=DChatman2008 link=topic=111829.msg1416399#msg1416399 date=1372266102]
[/quote]
Aldridge had about 8 ypc last year even as a "Big Back". Clearly the o-line was good enough blocking for the run against district opponents.

[quote name="aschom78" post="1416444" timestamp="1372275383"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=111829.msg1416412#msg1416412 date=1372267996]
[/quote]
Aldridge had about 8 ypc last year even as a "Big Back". [b]Clearly the o-line was good enough blocking for the run against district opponents.[/b]
[/quote]What about the remaining 2 games after they got out of district?

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1416450" timestamp="1372277025"]
[quote author=aschom78 link=topic=111829.msg1416444#msg1416444 date=1372275383]
[/quote]
Aldridge had about 8 ypc last year even as a "Big Back". [b]Clearly the o-line was good enough blocking for the run against district opponents.[/b]
[/quote]
54 yards on 12 rushes combined against Vidor and Gtown. 4.5 ypc. Not so great

[quote name="aschom78" post="1416480" timestamp="1372282517"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=111829.msg1416450#msg1416450 date=1372277025]
[/quote]
[/quote]
54 yards on 12 rushes combined against Vidor and Gtown. 4.5 ypc. Not so great
[/quote]Aldridge had 10 for 40 on us and 11 for 42 against BH. 24 for 96 yards on crosby and 19 for 79 Yards on BH. Y'all had a combined 43 carries for 175 yards in those two games as a team, barely over four yards per carry.

[/quote]One thing for sure is Chatman isn't a better back than what AJ Jeffery has already proven to be or he would have gotten some run last year. Jeffrey was one of the top sophs. in the state and he did it on the field, not during a cone drill. He did it with everybody in the entire stadium knowing he was getting it too. I thought SC was supposed to have all these good receivers in the pipeline,[b] why is a kid that played rb on a 3 win team getting a starting spot at receiver [/b]where he's obviously having issues adjusting? Chatman says he could get 1000 yards on 10-15 carries which tells me he plans on averaging 9 ypc. I know there's smaller backs that do that but big backs such as Keevon Aldridge y'all had last year have a hard time getting going when the o-line doesn't create movement which SC's rarely does due to them practicing pass plays/ pass blocking all the time.
[/quote]

I think the coaches want to keep controversy down. I still have no doubt in my mind, Jeffrey will get a shot a running back before the season ends.

As far as the line practicing pass blocking...Wrong.....they always working on blocking for the run for I - formation.

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1416574" timestamp="1372308637"]
[/quote]One thing for sure is Chatman isn't a better back than what AJ Jeffery has already proven to be or he would have gotten some run last year. Jeffrey was one of the top sophs. in the state and he did it on the field, not during a cone drill. He did it with everybody in the entire stadium knowing he was getting it too. I thought SC was supposed to have all these good receivers in the pipeline,[b] why is a kid that played rb on a 3 win team getting a starting spot at receiver [/b]where he's obviously having issues adjusting? Chatman says he could get 1000 yards on 10-15 carries which tells me he plans on averaging 9 ypc. I know there's smaller backs that do that but big backs such as Keevon Aldridge y'all had last year have a hard time getting going when the o-line doesn't create movement which SC's rarely does due to them practicing pass plays/ pass blocking all the time.
[/quote]

I think the coaches want to keep controversy down. I still have no doubt in my mind, Jeffrey will get a shot a running back before the season ends.

As far as the line practicing pass blocking...Wrong.....they always working on blocking for the run for I - formation.
[/quote]

Controversy?  Makes you wonder who's really making the personnel decisions at SC.  Might be too much parental input?

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1416450" timestamp="1372277025"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

As much as it pains me to say this, you make a good point Mr. Garrity (even a broke clock is "right" twice per day).  BUT ...Aldridge didn't really get too many opportunities in the post season.  He spent most of both games blocking.

[/quote]

Agree with Garrity (again ...what's going here?  Twilight Zone?)  Cougar makes a good point re: receiver depth at SC ...but so does SummerCreekItIs. 

To Cougar's point, SC really has ONE proven guy at receiver which is Torrey Johnson.  IF Braden goes back to receiver, one could argue that he's proven as well.  He played receiver his soph year and did a good gob.  Also, if Sharp can get the ball to Braden in space, he can be very dangerous as he has RB skills too (and FAST).  The other WR's have something to prove.  There's Holt-Washington that saw some time last year, but don't recall him doing a lot.  He's tall and has good hands, but IMO is really slim and could have trouble if too many hits come his way. A big and/or physical DB could give him trouble.  There's another guy that played JV last year as I recall.  Really tall kid that seemed to have some skill (praying he turns out to be another Greg Hogan).  Can't recall his name, but I'll be at some 7-on-7 and practices this year and will be interested to see how he's doing.  I might be forgetting to mention someone.

To SummerCreekItIs point, Ford has shown he'll play kids in various spots during the early going.  By August we'll see where guys will line up this Fall.  As I said before, Jeffreys and Chatman could be a nice thunder and lightening combination.  Last year, Braden got a nice bit of carries, but didn't exactly light up the league.  At the very least, there needs to be competition this summer between Jeffreys and Braden for that RB spot.  Let the best man win.

DDs... With all the hype that is following with SC... What would their psyche be if they lost a district game? not looking for any SA answer :-D serious question... I mean with all the success they have had in the District games... how do you feel they would deal with a District loss....

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1416657" timestamp="1372349273"]
DDs... With all the hype that is following with SC... What would their psyche be if they lost a district game? not looking for any SA answer :-D serious question... I mean with all the success they have had in the District games... how do you feel they would deal with a District loss....
[/quote]

I know IMO coach it would be just like Lincoln in 2000 out of that stacked 20-4A district they had back then, changes would probably be made that don't need to made out of panic, only difference is I don't think SC would implode and miss the playoffs like Lincoln did after losing to WO-S then rolling off 3 more losses to end the season.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1416675" timestamp="1372351300"]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=111829.msg1416657#msg1416657 date=1372349273]
[/quote]

I know IMO coach it would be just like Lincoln in 2000 out of that stacked 20-4A district they had back then, changes would probably be made that don't need to made out of panic, only difference is[b] I don't think SC would implode and miss the playoffs[/b] like Lincoln did after losing to WO-S then rolling off 3 more losses to end the season.
[/quote]

I totally agree... I do think that a District Loss would make them more dangerous in the post season though...  kinda like a slap in the face... I think then they would come with that killer instinct...

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1416683" timestamp="1372352056"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=111829.msg1416675#msg1416675 date=1372351300]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=111829.msg1416657#msg1416657 date=1372349273]
[/quote]

I know IMO coach it would be just like Lincoln in 2000 out of that stacked 20-4A district they had back then, changes would probably be made that don't need to made out of panic, only difference is[b] I don't think SC would implode and miss the playoffs[/b] like Lincoln did after losing to WO-S then rolling off 3 more losses to end the season.
[/quote]

I totally agree... I do think that a District Loss would make them more dangerous in the post season though...  kinda like a slap in the face... I think then they would come with that killer instinct...
[/quote] If SC does have a district loss, it will be against Dayton.. IJS  :P

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1416686" timestamp="1372352891"]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=111829.msg1416683#msg1416683 date=1372352056]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=111829.msg1416675#msg1416675 date=1372351300]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Not IF, its when they play Dayton they will have a district loss, and im not so sure if SC can beat Crosby after thinking about it, if Crosby can play a lick of defense better than SC they will beat them also.

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1416686" timestamp="1372352891"]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=111829.msg1416683#msg1416683 date=1372352056]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
And you all call DemDawgs delusional  ;D ;D

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1416689" timestamp="1372353133"]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=111829.msg1416686#msg1416686 date=1372352891]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Not IF, its when they play Dayton they will have a district loss, and im not so sure if SC can beat Crosby after thinking about it, if Crosby can play a lick of defense better than SC they will beat them also.
[/quote]I don't think dayton will be able to score with us this year. The people i work with from dayton that watch practice said they're rotating 4 kids at qb and none look ready. Dayton was a 3rd and 36 prayer from the back of the endzone from being checkmated. The 3 turnovers to dayton's 0 killed us more than the two holding penalties we had deep in dayton territory that negated first downs and certain scores. We basically did whatever we wanted on dayton, both twins rushed for over 125 yards and raelon had over 120 yards on double digit catches. Just like the SC game the next week we had issues executing in the redzone. Dayton played their best game of the year and we played our worst as you can see by how the seasons ended up. I know dayton fans chalk it up to attitudes but y'all do know their younger brothers and cousins are still on the team right? Once other coaches got film of Dayton throwing fly routes they never moved the ball on another decent team all year. If we don't turn it over Dayton won't beat us at home this year.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1416699" timestamp="1372354986"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=111829.msg1416689#msg1416689 date=1372353133]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=111829.msg1416686#msg1416686 date=1372352891]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote][b]I don't think dayton will be able to score with us this year.[/b] [b]The people i work with from dayton [/b]that watch practice said they're rotating 4 kids at qb and none look ready. Dayton was a 3rd and 36 prayer from the back of the endzone from being checkmated. The 3 turnovers to dayton's 0 killed us more than the two holding penalties we had deep in dayton territory that negated first downs and certain scores. We basically did whatever we wanted on dayton, both twins rushed for over 125 yards and raelon had over 120 yards on double digit catches. Just like the SC game the next week we had issues executing in the redzone. Dayton played their best game of the year and we played our worst as you can see by how the seasons ended up. I know dayton fans chalk it up to attitudes but y'all do know their younger brothers and cousins are still on the team right? Once other coaches got film of Dayton throwing fly routes they never moved the ball on another decent team all year. If we don't turn it over Dayton won't beat us at home this year.
[/quote] If I had the time.. and wanted to make an effort I would so go find the thread from last season where you said almost the exact same thing.. So what happened last season?  If these Dayton people you speak of, are on this forum please make it known who you are... I think your about as delusional as DD's I mean you did change your screen name after the loss you took from Dayton last year to Coug8broncos<--- that name change didn't make any since either...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kabamok245
    Newest Member
    kabamok245