Updated Standings:

Huffman  10-1
Tarkington    8-4
Splendora  7-4
Shepherd  6-5
Coldspring  6-5
Liberty  1-10
Cleveland    1-10

If Splendora beats Shepherd, the playoff teams are – 1)Huffman, 2)Tarkington & Splendora tied
If Shepherd beats Splendora and Coldspring beats Huffman, the playoff teams are – 1)Huffman, 2) Tarkington, 3)Splendora, Shepherd and Coldspring
If Shepherd beats Splendora and Coldspring loses to Huffman, the playoff teams are – 1)Huffman, 2)Tarkington 3)Shepherd (via 2 wins over Splendora)

Unless things have changed, head to head means nothing in resolving a tie in 22-3A. We had this same scenario almost play out in 2010 and actually had the three-team mini playoff tourney set up, but the results of the last game made it unnecessary that year.

I should have read the minutes before posting, the year after the 2010 scenario mentioned, the district amended the policy to make head to head the first tie-breaker for two teams tied. If three teams tie, then they have a mini tournament and head to head has no bearing.

Well Johnny Ringo, I am glad to see you came out of your hole

I personally would like to see Splendora just go ahead and take care of business, so there is not a tie breaker scenerio.......Congrats to Tarkington for getting in the playoffs, Coach Mac is a class act

[quote name="MEM" post="1397691" timestamp="1366834373"]
...Watching CS baseball games is at times difficult to say the least

I'm not one to criticize coaches much but I've been pretty disspointed with alot of the stuff I've watched the last few years (baseball wise)...
[/quote]
I think the CS coach has done a great job getting the best out of his kids. That is not a disrespect to the kids at all. So don't turn it around like that. The CS kids always make it a good game and always compete hard.

[quote name="hook em' 09" post="1397820" timestamp="1366897456"]
I think the CS coach has done a great job getting the best out of his kids. That is not a disrespect to the kids at all. So don't turn it around like that. The CS kids always make it a good game and always compete hard.[/quote]

[quote author=Socrates link=topic=111423.msg1397930#msg1397930 date=1366913010]
Gets the most out of his kids year in and year out, teaches the game as it should be taught.
[/quote]

Making it a good game and competing hard doesn't imply that they're being taught and used in the right manner...I know I'm definitely not the only one who has watched alot of CS games over the last few years who feels the same, however, I'm not saying the HC isn't a good guy or isn't doing his best (because I think he is and on both accounts)...

It's just my opinion after watching other good baseball programs and coaches (games and practices) that there are a few things that could be done differently to maximize the talent on hand...Of course there's always philosophical differences in terms of in game strategy, etc but that can be the case with just about any coach/staff...

[quote name="MEM" post="1399929" timestamp="1367506009"]
[quote author=hook em' 09 link=topic=111423.msg1397820#msg1397820 date=1366897456]
I think the CS coach has done a great job getting the best out of his kids. That is not a disrespect to the kids at all. So don't turn it around like that. The CS kids always make it a good game and always compete hard.[/quote]

[quote author=Socrates link=topic=111423.msg1397930#msg1397930 date=1366913010]
Gets the most out of his kids year in and year out, teaches the game as it should be taught.
[/quote]

Making it a good game and competing hard doesn't imply that they're being taught and used in the right manner...I know I'm definitely not the only one who has watched alot of CS games over the last few years who feels the same, however, I'm not saying the HC isn't a good guy or isn't doing his best (because I think he is and on both accounts)...

It's just my opinion after watching other good baseball programs and coaches (games and practices) that there are a few things that could be done differently to maximize the talent on hand...Of course there's always philosophical differences in terms of in game strategy, etc but that can be the case with just about any coach/staff...
[/quote]
You can go to any school and any baseball program in the nation and find different ways to maximize your kids abilities. And there is always something that you can do different and always something that you can improve on. So I don't think that there is an issue with what the CS Coach is doing because they are HARD to beat year in and year out. It doesn't matter who they play that day or night they always show up and give the very best they have and thats all you can ask for as a fan. Just my opinion on this.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

I won't pretend to see every CS practice or game. As you said earlier, there are probably some little things here or there that could make every program better, but one of the measures of a good coach is one who doesn't lose to people that he shouldn't lose to and to beat people that he might not should beat on paper.
Over the years, I think CS has done a good job of this and I will tell you that Coach Sewell is well respected among his peers and more importantly by his players.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine