Have yall seen this yet?

Guest BigCountry66
I'm going to give bedelmon the benefit of the doubt and say he was talking about the article being stupid and not your comment about lotto money, but only he can answer that.  But regarding txlotto $, a lot of the $ does go to 'education', but I don't know the breakdown and %s.  Here is a blurb from their website:

[color=blue][i]"The Texas Lottery has generated well over $20 billion for the state of Texas since the first ticket was sold in 1992. Prior to 1997, the proceeds were allocated to the General Revenue Fund. Since 1997, Texas Lottery proceeds have been transferred to the Foundation School Fund to support public education in our state. The Texas Lottery has contributed more than $15 billion to the Foundation School Fund, and of that total, $1.099 billion was contributed in fiscal year 2012. Other Texas Lottery funds such as unclaimed prizes revert back to the state for programs authorized by the Texas Legislature. Since fiscal year 2010, some Texas Lottery proceeds also benefit the Fund for Veterans Assistance."  txlotto.org[/i][/color]

In summary, your question is a valid one but I don't want to hijack another thread.

Regarding the article about 1 full contact practice/week, I think it all comes down to the coaches on whether this is a big deal or not.  The rule will just say that you can only put 'full pads' on one day per week.  I don't know about you, but some of the worst scars that I have came from practices with just helmets on. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder