What's your favorite field & what are the demensions?

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1389556" timestamp="1364444686"]
Agree, Fireman's Park is a classic.

Locally, Nederland is my choice as the best yard in the area. Lf 315  Cf 370 RF 320

My favorite in Texas is Strickland Park in Weimar, TX.
[/quote]
I had the good fortune of growing up and going to school in Eagle Lake, TX.  Weimar
was in our district during my playing days.  What is your experience with Weimar and "Strickland Park?"

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1389562" timestamp="1364450523"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=110618.msg1389556#msg1389556 date=1364444686]

Locally, Nederland is my choice as the best yard in the area. Lf 315  Cf 370 RF 320

[/quote]
I had the good fortune of growing up and going to school in Eagle Lake, TX.  Weimar
was in our district during my playing days.  What is your experience with Weimar and "Strickland Park?"
[/quote]

Being involved with Babe Ruth organization, Weimar has hosted many Regional and World Series . When I mean host, they actually house players in their homes from all over the country. LaGrange, Columbus and surrounding communities get involved hosting kids.

And of course we play a week of games at Strickland Park.

When I was in college, in the 50's, for 4 seasons we played a weekend series in Fireman's Park during the Brenham Mayfest.  Was one of my most memorable baseball experiences.  Still love to go there.  The Park is great, but the atmosphere created by the Brenham Community is the best.  Great baseball memories.  Have gotten to watch son and grandson play there.  Is the Wagon Wheel Saloon still there?

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1389574" timestamp="1364475192"]
[quote author=usedtobe link=topic=110618.msg1389562#msg1389562 date=1364450523]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=110618.msg1389556#msg1389556 date=1364444686]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Being involved with Babe Ruth organization, Weimar has hosted many Regional and World Series . When I mean host, they actually house players in their homes from all over the country. LaGrange, Columbus and surrounding communities get involved hosting kids.

[/quote]
Cool!  Relative to the players in homes:  again, back in my days at Eagle Lake we hosted the Rice Basketball tournament each year.  It was a combined Boys and Girls competition over three days.  Our little community would HOUSE the players during
the tournament.  Those days are, unfortunately, gone forever. :( 8)

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1389587" timestamp="1364479815"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=110618.msg1389574#msg1389574 date=1364475192]
[quote author=usedtobe link=topic=110618.msg1389562#msg1389562 date=1364450523]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Cool!  Relative to the players in homes:  again, back in my days at Eagle Lake we hosted the Rice Basketball tournament each year.  It was a combined Boys and Girls competition over three days.  Our little community would HOUSE the players during
the tournament.  Those days are, unfortunately, gone forever. :( 8)
[/quote]

Times change. Sorry to see these experiences vanish.

[quote name="ragarm55" post="1389586" timestamp="1364479350"]
When I was in college, in the 50's, for 4 seasons we played a weekend series in Fireman's Park during the Brenham Mayfest.  Was one of my most memorable baseball experiences.  Still love to go there.  The Park is great, but the atmosphere created by the Brenham Community is the best.  Great baseball memories.  Have gotten to watch son and grandson play there.  Is the Wagon Wheel Saloon still there?
[/quote]

No it's not but there is "The Tree" at the park across the parking lot where we grill and tailgate.

[quote name="XPANTHER03" post="1389672" timestamp="1364498091"]
Fort Anahuac Park Baseball Field 352 down both lines and 385 in the gaps and 400 in center.
[/quote]
What direction to hit it out at center?  Isn't the predominant wind from the coast side there?  If that's true, 400 in center against the wind is a POKE! :)

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1389555" timestamp="1364443833"]
I sound like a homer but if you've been to Fireman's Park maybe you'll understand.  It's like the Fenway or Wrigley of HS baseball. 

Left: 320ft
Center: 360ft (12ft wall)
Right: 320ft
[/quote]

1000 miles wide, few thousand miles long.  Avg depth about 3500 feet.  Gulf of Mexico. 

Loved our home park Indian Filed at PN-G.
300-345-375-345-300.
The infield was always in the best shape mainly because we worked on it constantly.

Scotland Yard at The Woodlands was fantastic.

Best field we use now in the MSBL is West Brook with Ozen's being a nightmare. The lip in front of 3rd makes playing third base against grown men pretty scary.

Fireman's Park is always in great shape and just has a feel about it.

Nederland has a nice park and has updated over the past few years. I came down and played a summer of Babe Ruth down here in 2000

PNG brings back memories of two huge wins for Livingston back in 2001 so that field always has a special place in my heart.

Jasper used to have a nice complex but I haven't been there in 10+ years now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    geho
    Newest Member
    geho