Hardin-Jefferson at Bridge City Game Thread/BC wins 13-5!!

[quote name="bedelmon" post="1389275" timestamp="1364389908"]
[quote author=Critter link=topic=110569.msg1389253#msg1389253 date=1364384685]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=110569.msg1389247#msg1389247 date=1364376369]
[quote author=XDOG link=topic=110569.msg1389227#msg1389227 date=1364355883]
[quote author=CGull8 link=topic=110569.msg1389145#msg1389145 date=1364349695]
[color=red][b]Guidry knocked out of the game with 11 hits[/b][/color][/quote

Dude are you high!!! He had 114 pitches. Wasn't knocked out of the game. What a tard!
[/quote]

Oh, I see how this works now!!! If it's hits against your team, like that 14-1 loss to WOS  :o, those hits are (and I quote) "Texas Leaguers". But if those same "hits" come from your team you "knocked the pitcher out". Impressive. I like the capability you show to spin it in your favor, bright future in politics if you can keep that up. If that's what helps you put a silver lining on it then more power to you.

Rake1
[/quote]

Ohhh Rake1..... It is so hard to refrain from arguing with these people on here right? LOL... But, speaking of being pulled!  HJ left their starter in there WAAAAY to long.  BC got the Win and that's what matters.
[/quote]
I never said the guy got knocked out, I said HJ started getting hits. About the last 4 hitters in a row to be exact. Your telling me if he had gotten those batters out they would have still pulled him? Had he gotten them out, the game would have been over and he would have gotten the complete game. The guy is good, not taking anything away, just believe he got pulled because of hits... If you call rips into the gap "texas leagers" then I guess they were..... HJ did not plummel the guy, they just finally got on him in the next to last inning. HJ's starter got 5 of the 1st 6 batters out, and then a dinky ground ball got miss-played, an infield pop-up got missed and he could not recover. Didnt leave him in too long, just noticed the mighty BC couldnt touch him and gave him a chance to pitch out of it. BC got 5 runs that inning.... HJ got 4 or 5 on Guidry in the 6th. Did BC leave hom in too long?
[/quote]

Guidry was at 114 pitches.... BC will side on pitch count to save a kids arm more than winning a game I guaranteed that.  When the HJ STARTER got pulled it was because he couldn't pitch a strike and I felt that his confidence was gone.  He was shaken and couldn't pull it back in.  Sometimes you just have to go another direction because it just wasn't his game anymore.  If you notice Guidry was driving the ball short before he got pulled, pitch count has a lot to do with a tired arm.  Of course HJ got some hits off of Guidry but did any of those hits really make you say WOW we crushed that one?  Teams make errors and sometimes they will hurt you and sometimes they don't.  Who really knows what the outcome would have been it this was a error free game?   

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1389281" timestamp="1364391007"]
HJ hit the ball well. As in baseball,  from LL to MLB, you catch the ball you win.

HJ 's [b]2nd pitcher[/b] and 4 hole hitter were impressive , what were their names ?
[/quote]

HJ's 2nd pitcher was their CF... I liked the superfast windup which can cause some timing issues.... I think their cleanup hitter was DuPlant #7 But I might be wrong he was either 3rd or 4th

[quote name="Critter" post="1389282" timestamp="1364391052"]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=110569.msg1389275#msg1389275 date=1364389908]
[quote author=Critter link=topic=110569.msg1389253#msg1389253 date=1364384685]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=110569.msg1389247#msg1389247 date=1364376369]
[quote author=XDOG link=topic=110569.msg1389227#msg1389227 date=1364355883]
[quote author=CGull8 link=topic=110569.msg1389145#msg1389145 date=1364349695]
[color=red][b]Guidry knocked out of the game with 11 hits[/b][/color][/quote

Dude are you high!!! He had 114 pitches. Wasn't knocked out of the game. What a tard!
[/quote]

Oh, I see how this works now!!! If it's hits against your team, like that 14-1 loss to WOS  :o, those hits are (and I quote) "Texas Leaguers". But if those same "hits" come from your team you "knocked the pitcher out". Impressive. I like the capability you show to spin it in your favor, bright future in politics if you can keep that up. If that's what helps you put a silver lining on it then more power to you.

Rake1
[/quote]

Ohhh Rake1..... It is so hard to refrain from arguing with these people on here right? LOL... But, speaking of being pulled!  HJ left their starter in there WAAAAY to long.  BC got the Win and that's what matters.
[/quote]
I never said the guy got knocked out, I said HJ started getting hits. About the last 4 hitters in a row to be exact. Your telling me if he had gotten those batters out they would have still pulled him? Had he gotten them out, the game would have been over and he would have gotten the complete game. The guy is good, not taking anything away, just believe he got pulled because of hits... If you call rips into the gap "texas leagers" then I guess they were..... HJ did not plummel the guy, they just finally got on him in the next to last inning. HJ's starter got 5 of the 1st 6 batters out, and then a dinky ground ball got miss-played, an infield pop-up got missed and he could not recover. Didnt leave him in too long, just noticed the mighty BC couldnt touch him and gave him a chance to pitch out of it. BC got 5 runs that inning.... HJ got 4 or 5 on Guidry in the 6th. Did BC leave hom in too long?
[/quote]

Guidry was at 114 pitches.... BC will side on pitch count to save a kids arm more than winning a game I guaranteed that.  When the HJ STARTER got pulled it was because he couldn't pitch a strike and I felt that his confidence was gone.  He was shaken and couldn't pull it back in.  Sometimes you just have to go another direction because it just wasn't his game anymore.  If you notice Guidry was driving the ball short before he got pulled, pitch count has a lot to do with a tired arm.  Of course HJ got some hits off of Guidry but did any of those hits really make you say WOW we crushed that one?  Teams make errors and sometimes they will hurt you and sometimes they don't.  Who really knows what the outcome would have been it this was a error free game?   
[/quote]

I agree with you 100%

"Rips in the gaps"????
What game were you watching? The HJ 3B torched one to left and 2 others were hit hard, everything else was a dying quail to right field. HJ did have several good AB's against Guidry, no denying that. And yes Guidry was scheduled to come out of the game at some point so Shugart and or Macfarland could throw. Even if Guidry had gotten out of the 6th he would not have thrown the 7th due to pitch count. I know it's pointless to try and explain this but at least I tried. Feel free now to give us the "woulda shoulda coulda HJ version."

Rake1

[quote name="Critter" post="1389274" timestamp="1364389346"]
[quote author=643 link=topic=110569.msg1389267#msg1389267 date=1364388535]
I really don't see how HJ left their pitcher in WAYYYYYY to long, maybe to long but not wayyyy to long, sometimes 1 pitch is too long, he (soph) had the #1 team in dist with 4 hits thru 5, do you guys look at the E's. I wasn't at the game last nite BUT I was there on the other game you refered to, there were at least 5-6 'ducks' I saw and ONLY 2-3 balls that were 'drove' by WOS....sometimes there is more to the story than what you read...when you put a W, E, duck, E, W and another duck together in back to back to back innings it don't take much to run the score up.
[/quote]

When a pitcher walks like 6 batters in a Row it is way to long.  I mean some on 5 runs on no hits. If you wasn't at the game then you won't understand what I am saying.
[/quote]I'm big on letting a pitcher get out of a jam BUT...will agree on wayyyy to long, I was looking at the linescore n Ws was not included, still say the soph did good considering his opponent...he will get better

[quote name="643" post="1389572" timestamp="1364474739"]
[quote author=Critter link=topic=110569.msg1389274#msg1389274 date=1364389346]
[quote author=643 link=topic=110569.msg1389267#msg1389267 date=1364388535]
I really don't see how HJ left their pitcher in WAYYYYYY to long, maybe to long but not wayyyy to long, sometimes 1 pitch is too long, he (soph) had the #1 team in dist with 4 hits thru 5, do you guys look at the E's. I wasn't at the game last nite BUT I was there on the other game you refered to, there were at least 5-6 'ducks' I saw and ONLY 2-3 balls that were 'drove' by WOS....sometimes there is more to the story than what you read...when you put a W, E, duck, E, W and another duck together in back to back to back innings it don't take much to run the score up.
[/quote]

When a pitcher walks like 6 batters in a Row it is way to long.  I mean some on 5 runs on no hits. If you wasn't at the game then you won't understand what I am saying.
[/quote]I'm big on letting a pitcher get out of a jam BUT...will agree on wayyyy to long, I was looking at the linescore n Ws was not included, still say the soph did good considering his opponent...he will get better
[/quote]

I Agree 100% on him being good, but know that it can shake a good pitcher to have to stay out there and not be able to hit the spot you want.  I guess it's a confidence thing.  I am sure he will be just fine considering that he is still so young.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder