Is Dontre Thomas and Michael McCain the future of Silsbee Basketball

Since Im a Silsbee native I will break it down. Silsbee may have had the best talent overall in SETX over the last 35 years next to PA Lincoln. Silsbee has never been able to get over the hump to win state. I have seen Silsbee teams that have had 3 Allstate players at one time come up short. If these two have the talent to make their teammates better amd keep those grades up, who knows. I wish them the best of luck and ill be sure to catch a game or two. If they can win state is a very tough question to answer since I have nothing to compare to yet.

Obviously a kid started this, but who cares? Lol. There are ALOT more than just these two for the future of Silsbee basketball. Silsbee has crazy amount of talent coming up. More than I ever remember and I've been around here for 12 years. Michael McCain is a very special athlete who is going to do extraordinary things. Dontre is going to be a great player for Silsbee. There are 2 many kids to name and I don't know if their parents want their name on this website, so I'm going to stop there!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1384593" timestamp="1363011570"]
Since Im a Silsbee native I will break it down. Silsbee may have had the best talent overall in SETX over the last 35 years next to PA Lincoln. Silsbee has never been able to get over the hump to win state. I have seen Silsbee teams that have had 3 Allstate players at one time come up short. If these two have the talent to make their teammates better amd keep those grades up, who knows. I wish them the best of luck and ill be sure to catch a game or two. If they can win state is a very tough question to answer since I have nothing to compare to yet.
[/quote]
SECOND behind PA Lincoln??? NO sir, they are not...You ever hear of a Beaumont ISD school called Hebert? The one that actually won a state title or two? They had more talent than Silsbee...So has Central over that time span and Westbrook too...Talent is Silsbee? Absolutely, yes...MORE than the BISD schools...NO WAY.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1386414" timestamp="1363637170"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=110129.msg1384593#msg1384593 date=1363011570]
[/quote]
SECOND behind PA Lincoln??? NO sir, they are not...You ever hear of a Beaumont ISD school called Hebert? The one that actually won a state title or two? They had more talent than Silsbee...So has Central over that time span and Westbrook too...Talent is Silsbee? Absolutely, yes...MORE than the BISD schools...NO WAY.
[/quote]

I agree with the Hebert statement. If Central and Westbrook have had more talent than Silsbee, they certainly have not shown it.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1386414" timestamp="1363637170"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Perhaps it would be interesting to see how Silsbee has fared in recent years against all of these superior talented Beaumont schools.  I'll bet  you might be  surprised.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1386423" timestamp="1363638059"]
He said over the last 35 years...That would be since 1978... ::)....Beaumont has had MORE talent in that span...Period.
[/quote]

Besides Hebert and Ozen winning titles...Please explain all that talent that Central & Westbrook has. How many trips to Austin have they made, with all that talent?

I think Central has made it once.

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1386424" timestamp="1363638382"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=110129.msg1386423#msg1386423 date=1363638059]
He said over the last 35 years...That would be since 1978... ::)....Beaumont has had MORE talent in that span...Period.
[/quote]

Besides Hebert and Ozen winning titles...Please explain all that talent that Central & Westbrook has. How many trips to Austin have they made, with all that talent?

I think Central has made it once.
[/quote]
Making it to state is not the question...It was about TALENT...and Beaumont had more....With titles only coming from Ozen and Hebert...

DV Silsbee has had WAY more talent that BISD over the past 30. Besides Ozen in the early 2000's, Silsbee use to and currently OWNS BISD. When I was in school 94-98, Silsbee went 6-2 with sweeping WB and Central in 94/95, 96/97, & 97/98. Some of those wins were by 20 plus points. 1996/97 Silsbee beat WB with Paris Corner, Sneed, and Burton by 22 and Central.by 21. Overall Silsbee has ran thru BISD. Ozen had a good 6 year run. WB zero and Central went to start om a 70 foot lucky shoot!

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1386420" timestamp="1363637759"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=110129.msg1386414#msg1386414 date=1363637170]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Perhaps it would be interesting to see how Silsbee has fared in recent years against all of these superior talented Beaumont schools.  I'll bet  you might be  surprised.
[/quote]Huh? And this coming from a guy who uses the 1960's Celtic teams as the measuring bar for today's teams. ;D

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1386433" timestamp="1363640141"]
DV Silsbee has had WAY more talent that BISD over the past 30. Besides Ozen in the early 2000's, Silsbee use to and currently OWNS BISD. When I was in school 94-98, Silsbee went 6-2 with sweeping WB and Central in 94/95, 96/97, & 97/98. Some of those wins were by 20 plus points. 1996/97 Silsbee beat WB with Paris Corner, Sneed, and Burton by 22 and Central.by 21. Overall Silsbee has ran thru BISD. Ozen had a good 6 year run. WB zero and Central went to start om a 70 foot lucky shoot!
[/quote]

+1

You can go back to the 70's. Except for that 3 yr span with Hebert, Silsbee has owned BISD

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1386434" timestamp="1363640273"]
How many points did McCain score? How is he on defense. Anyone inviting these kids to.camps outside of SETX?
[/quote] Not really sure. I just happen to see a notation that he is from Silsbee. Not sure what team he is playing on.

I will try this just ONE MORE TIME....BEAUMONT HAS HAD MORE TALENT THAN SILSBEE SINCE 1978! I said NOTHING about the wins and losses or state appearances, and even at that Beaumont STILL has more... I said BISD HAS HAD MORE TALENTED PLAYERS since 1978 (last 35 years) which was the ORIGINAL question! It is that simple..... ::)

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1386444" timestamp="1363641829"]
I will try this just ONE MORE TIME....BEAUMONT HAS HAD MORE TALENT THAN SILSBEE SINCE 1978! I said NOTHING about the wins and losses or state appearances, and even at that Beaumont STILL has more... I said BISD HAS HAD MORE TALENTED PLAYERS since 1978 (last 35 years) which was the ORIGINAL question! It is that simple..... ::)
[/quote]

I guess that all that [b]TALENT[/b] does not equate into wins when they play Silsbee.

Let me ask you this DV if BISD has all this talent, where is it?

One would think a city of 115,000 would have more talent over 35 years than a city of 6500. ;)

Beaumont has had more talent, the sheer numbers speak for themselves.

Now, the quality (not quantity) may be debated over that time period between the two cities. Also, one could argue that one city has had more talent per capita than the other.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn