WO-S Baseball

Not trying to be negative at all but it seems like WO-S baseball has gone through some lean years.  Back from the mid '70's through most of the 80's they were always one of the top teams in the area.  Are the kids there just not that interested in baseball anymore?

WO-S wasn't even formed until 1978. The 80's and 90's were good years. We were 5A and 4A then. Our numbers have declined. We are excited about our coach and the future of Mustang baseball. Here's hoping we can return to our winning ways one day.

[quote name="td" post="1383829" timestamp="1362764997"]
WO-S wasn't even formed until 1978. The 80's and 90's were good years. We were 5A and 4A then. Our numbers have declined. We are excited about our coach and the future of Mustang baseball. Here's hoping we can return to our winning ways one day.
[/quote]

Coming up through high school in the early 90's WOS always had a solid squad.  IMO WOS is the Power House football school now.  If a kid wants to play at the next level in baseball they move to BC or LCM... hopefully the coach can keep rebuilding this program :D

[quote name="marshman" post="1384805" timestamp="1363094492"]
I know WOS wasn't formed until 78, but i was referring to Coach Ronnie Anderson and his West Orange teams of the mid 70's . the 75 team i believe went to state.
[/quote]

Sorry bud. I'm not a mind reader. I can only respond to what you post. In your post you never mentioned Coach Ronnie Anderson or the Chiefs only WOS.You aren't my wife under a fake name are you? Just kidding couldn't resist.

WOS went to state in '91 also, Coach Anderson's last year of coaching. Had 8 kids play D1 baserball off that team. WOS is headed in the right direction with the Coach they have. They are young with some good kids coming behind them. It all starts at the Little League level cause kids dont pick up a glove and bat at age 14/15 and become world beaters. Not saying all kids that are good in LL turn out to be good in HS but a good LL is a feeder to the HS level.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ryanboyer612
    Newest Member
    ryanboyer612