Jump to content

Tiger90

SETXsports Staff
  • Posts

    1,463
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tiger90

  1. '98 was a great run. I really liked the '93 squad with McGuire and Rhone in the backfield. If Jasper wouldn't have broke Mcguire's leg there is no telling how far that squad could have gotten.
  2. As Cowboy's coach I disliked him, but IF he was a real candidate for LU you have have to love it. It would create an instant national spotlight on a new program. Bring back the wishbone. ;D 8)
  3. I believe it was 1974. The current superintendent was a sophomore.
  4. Yep, they have to hurry. It will take a minimum of 1 year to recruit. Realistically schools are "working" on kids with 2-3 years left in high school.
  5. Newton.......... consistency consistency consistency
  6. You had the same exact post May 31. [Hidden Content]
  7. That's exactly right. You do what the captain wants until you are the captain. I realize the midcounty folks are really passionate about their football, but guys be careful not to cross the coach bashing line.
  8. Always has been. ;D
  9. To be honest I never was intimidated by KV's defense. It is the trickery that they try to run on offense that can get you. I have never seen a team try so many trick plays.
  10. Those are low level majors. What other "bigger" schools would be interested in playing a new LU team that would also get the fanbase excited?
  11. A little early. The KV-WOS game last year was supposed to be "the" game as well. Preseason though you would have to think it would be big. I like the KV-Jasper game personally. IMO that has become a "badblood" type game over the past 3 years.
  12. Fans would love an ATM or UT but the reality is about the biggest name school they could get in Beaumont might be a Rice, Houston, or SMU. I would bet they'd think North Texas was a coup. I don't want to sound pessimistic but that is the current reality. I'd love for fb to come back but LU has to start somewhere.
  13. Unfortunately LU would have to take a few lumps against a bigger school a couple of times each year for the revenue.
  14. Isn't there a NCAA rule about how early a school can technically contact a prospect?
  15. Doss was definitely a freak. To me he is the sole reason for that undefeated regular season. He made the qb look good with his amazing catches. He definitely took some folks out of the defensive box allowing the running game to exploit some holes.
  16. Pretty good list......I'll throw a few more names. Brian Doss at qb stepped in as a soph and had tremendous speed, Danny George DL short but mean, Stanley Rhone fb/rb he and McGuire were the best backfield tantum, Sid Wilson wr great hands, and Randy Matthews qb he willed Silsbee to that tie in Jasper in '88 that gave Silsbee the district championship.
  17. I can't tell you the number of times I heard the Dronett wrestling the alligator stories from the announcers when he was at UT. I forgot about Mathews. No offense to the original poster but there are a lot of folks that played prior to the past 2-3 seasons.
  18. I heard Skinner is top 15 defensively. Crazy considering he really has his sites set for baseball. Several schools already interested in the kid.
  19. Latest I heard was he is probably the man. I know the Kountze's trainer (A.D.) is trying to get Tremaine Hancock from Silsbee back in Kountze to assist.
  20. Central, Dayton, and Ozen
  21. So IF they make it who stays home?
  22. Clarification....that was Kountze's salary for bball coach.
  23. Kountze isnt willing to up the ante $$$$$-wise for Joubert. I hear pay is right at $45k.
×
×
  • Create New...