Charles in Charge

Nederland Fall Tournament

Recommended Posts

1

WOS looks like a college team..... 6'6 & 6'7 playing on the perimeter. Will be interesting to see if they can challenge Silsbee in that district. Based on what I saw today, I think the answer is yes. 

LCM/OF/BC/Vidor/Lumberton will be fighting for 3rd-7th

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Cherokee88 said:

WOS looks like a college team..... 6'6 & 6'7 playing on the perimeter. Will be interesting to see if they can challenge Silsbee in that district. Based on what I saw today, I think the answer is yes. 

LCM/OF/BC/Vidor/Lumberton will be fighting for 3rd-7th

Size will be the Tigers biggest weakness this year but they will more than make up for it with speed and shooting. The spread between Silsbee and everyone else is going to be noticeable. I think WOS is a legit 2nd place club 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, whsalum said:

Size will be the Tigers biggest weakness this year but they will more than make up for it with speed and shooting. The spread between Silsbee and everyone else is going to be noticeable. I think WOS is a legit 2nd place club 

Not sure if we will have ,the big guy back down low or not and i have yet to see the two good size freshmen that we have heard about but if we get those three and they are legit, i wont be that concerned size wise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2021 at 10:56 PM, Cherokee88 said:

WOS looks like a college team..... 6'6 & 6'7 playing on the perimeter. Will be interesting to see if they can challenge Silsbee in that district. Based on what I saw today, I think the answer is yes. 

LCM/OF/BC/Vidor/Lumberton will be fighting for 3rd-7th

WOS has 3 definite playmakers. Wardlow and Anderson are going to be special this year and the big Center is geared for big things too.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2021 at 5:57 PM, OCWChuck said:

Huffman over PNG

Nederland over WOS

Nederland over HF in OT

WOS looked sharp and disciplined.  They were very impressive in the loss.  HF is solid and they have key pieces still in football.  I see them winning their district. 

 

I gotta ask if WOS looked sharp and disciplined how in the world does their next game end early in a rumble. Also HF loses to Nederland and Memorial and are tabbed as your district favorites? I don’t see anyone challenging Silsbee in that district and the other district will have a shared title. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great point.....WOS always has a really high ceiling talent wise, but they also have the tendency to underachieve at times.

 

I think when you have the state runner up in the district (Huffman) they need to be considered the favorite until someone knocks them off. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2021 at 5:57 PM, whsalum said:

I gotta ask if WOS looked sharp and disciplined how in the world does their next game end early in a rumble. Also HF loses to Nederland and Memorial and are tabbed as your district favorites? I don’t see anyone challenging Silsbee in that district and the other district will have a shared title. 

Great question!  WOS did look sharp and played good.  I don't think the fight was their fault.  I also think you can have a disciplined coached up squad and still land in a tussle or three a la 2021 HJ.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Charles in Charge said:

Great question!  WOS did look sharp and played good.  I don't think the fight was their fault.  I also think you can have a disciplined coached up squad and still land in a tussle or three a la 2021 HJ.

I think players have to be conditioned to avoid those conflicts whether it’s in summer league, fall ball or the high school playoffs. Without those tussles in 2021 HJ would have had a really good shot at playing in the state tournament. WOS always has a stable full of athletes it’ll be fun to watch them if they play up to potential.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you think that WOS didn't some part in what happened, then you weren't at the game.  There was constant back and forth from both teams the entire half.  The craziness really amped up when a fan got involved.

WOS has a ton of potential, but can they stay disciplined and out of foul trouble.  Not much depth, especially at the post.  Lots of guards, but can they cut down on turnovers and make outside shots.  It will be an interesting district race for sure, but IMO there is no way that WOS can contend with Silsbee. I believe that 2-5 is up for grabs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2021 at 5:57 PM, whsalum said:

I gotta ask if WOS looked sharp and disciplined how in the world does their next game end early in a rumble. Also HF loses to Nederland and Memorial and are tabbed as your district favorites? I don’t see anyone challenging Silsbee in that district and the other district will have a shared title. 

WOS were playing a group of grown thugs that shouldn't have been there period. Police had to escort WOS players and parents to their cars. As for HF they lost to Nederland in OT without their two leading scorers from last year but were lead by Ardoin who scored half the team points. He went out with leg cramps in the Memorial game, but the Titans were keyed in on him forcing him to make tough shots. Depth is what lost HF both games. Hard to win without your starting PG and SF. Ardoin had to be the primary ball handler in both games. They will be very tough to beat in that district at full force. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2021 at 6:19 PM, Charles in Charge said:

Great question!  WOS did look sharp and played good.  I don't think the fight was their fault.  I also think you can have a disciplined coached up squad and still land in a tussle or three a la 2021 HJ.

WOS will have the opportunity to win that district and beat Silsbee if they force the Tigers to play halfcourt. If they run with them, Silsbee will be tough for them to stop.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cardinal 1 said:

WOS will have the opportunity to win that district and beat Silsbee if they force the Tigers to play halfcourt. If they run with them, Silsbee will be tough for them to stop.

WOS better have been hiding some really good guards if they are going to be competitive against Silsbee. They probably should be the favorite to secure the runner up spot but barring another Covid shutdown I don’t see the tigers losing a district game this year 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hahaha Silsbee has some pretty tall kids this year. Young but very good players. So I" really don't get where some are saying Silsbee is going to be small lmao..! Silsbee will be right back in the mix where they left off last year playing for another one of these🏆to add to these🏆🏆. So bring on what you got.! 😁🐅🏀#TigerNation 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Who That said:

Hahaha Silsbee has some pretty tall kids this year. Young but very good players. So I" really don't get where some are saying Silsbee is going to be small lmao..! Silsbee will be right back in the mix where they left off last year playing for another one of these🏆to add to these🏆🏆. So bring on what you got.! 😁🐅🏀#TigerNation 

WOS has a 6'5" guard and a 6'6" SF, both can hoop. If they force Silsbee to play half court, size and position matter. You can't just stick a 6'5" post player on a guard the same size. He will be much quicker and have a skill set that he's not use to guarding on a regular basis. If you switch a quicker quard on him, then the smart thing to do would be for him to take the smaller defender to the post and mid range which would force a double team leaving someone open. Silsbee will have to run and gun vs WOS keeping the tempo and not letting them set up a half court offense. Run and gun is Silsbee basketball, not half court 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering that WOS doesn't shoot the ball all that well, there may be quite a bit of zone run on them by many teams in district.  Silsbee won't do this, but IMO Silsbee's swarming defense is going to give the other guards of WOS fits. Size is negated when you turn the ball over before they can get the ball to them.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, catfever said:

Considering that WOS doesn't shoot the ball all that well, there may be quite a bit of zone run on them by many teams in district.  Silsbee won't do this, but IMO Silsbee's swarming defense is going to give the other guards of WOS fits. Size is negated when you turn the ball over before they can get the ball to them.  

Actually, Silsbee played zone defense last year more than they ever have over the last 20 years.

But you are correct. Bigs don't do you any good if you can't get the ball to them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Actually, Silsbee played zone defense last year more than they ever have over the last 20 years.

But you are correct. Bigs don't do you any good if you can't get the ball to them.

I think Silsbee’s game will change as this group matures

Link to post
Share on other sites

Silsbee also slowed the game down and ran the half court offense more than in the previous years. That's not saying much, but they were very effective at it when they did it.

Don't get where some people think Silsbee is gonna be small this year, but okay 🤷‍♂️

One big advantage the Tigers will have is the two best players in district will both be playing for the same team.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Member Statistics

    42,749
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    Reelife
    Newest Member
    Reelife
    Joined
×
  • Create New...