9/11, Shall we never forget!

Chester86

What are your memories of that day?  

I had just gotten off the midnight shift at BPD and had gotten home to Mauriceville.  I had heard something on the radio while driving so when I got home I turned the TV on.  My wife and I sat in complete disbelief and shock.  The images from that day will be forever emblazoned in my mind.  I couldn’t hardly go to sleep, but got woke up around 2 by dispatch.  They were asking for officers to go guard the ships at the port.  For probably the next two years I worked the port as an extra job guarding the surge of military equipment headed out.  I will never forget!

3 hours ago, Chester86 said:

What are your memories of that day?  

I had just gotten off the midnight shift at BPD and had gotten home to Mauriceville.  I had heard something on the radio while driving so when I got home I turned the TV on.  My wife and I sat in complete disbelief and shock.  The images from that day will be forever emblazoned in my mind.  I couldn’t hardly go to sleep, but got woke up around 2 by dispatch.  They were asking for officers to go guard the ships at the port.  For probably the next two years I worked the port as an extra job guarding the surge of military equipment headed out.  I will never forget!

I work right down the street from the port. A co-worker had talked to his wife that morning and he told us she said they were flying planes into the WTC. I looked at another co-worker and said Bin Laden. We knew this was not the first attack on the WTC. I also remember those images from the first time I saw them. Little did we know they would both collapse. It was a sad day and one that made me angry. An unprovoked attack just like Pearl Harbor. Look where that got them. 

I was 21. I was in coach Sonny jolly s class at Lamar…..he dismissed us early for  some reason….he didn’t tell us why. I walk back to setzer center and as I get to the glass doors I can see people gathered around the tv that was up on the wall……headline at the bottom read “America under attack” showing plane going into the WTC.

All my other classes were canceled for the day.

I had a terrible feeling come over me……

I knew in the months to come many of my friends and relatives were going to get deployed…..and some may not come back. Soldiers being called upon….. our soldiers should be regarded higher than any president or celebrity……

Thank you just doesn’t do it service to their sacrifice of life and family.