A Walk Down Memory Lane

Here’s how this got posted.

As I’ve gotten older, it’s not unusual now for me to wake up after a couple hours sleep, and not be able to go back to sleep.  I grab the old Kindle and start reading.  It’s a mystery involving a CIA Assassin and he’s searching for a guy with the code name Roger the Dodger.   Now my fellow old timers have probably figured out how I ended up on YouTube watching this 😜.   It’s so good I thought I’d share.  Staubach wasn’t the best passer nor runner, but you’d be hard pressed to name many that did both so well.  Loved watching him and Drew Pearson hook up.  And you younger guys will see the birth of the modern day shotgun, which, at the time, was scoffed at by the rest of the League.  Funny that.

• 2 months later...
On 2/18/2021 at 5:39 AM, Hagar said:

Here’s how this got posted.

As I’ve gotten older, it’s not unusual now for me to wake up after a couple hours sleep, and not be able to go back to sleep.  I grab the old Kindle and start reading.  It’s a mystery involving a CIA Assassin and he’s searching for a guy with the code name Roger the Dodger.   Now my fellow old timers have probably figured out how I ended up on YouTube watching this 😜.   It’s so good I thought I’d share.  Staubach wasn’t the best passer nor runner, but you’d be hard pressed to name many that did both so well.  Loved watching him and Drew Pearson hook up.  And you younger guys will see the birth of the modern day shotgun, which, at the time, was scoffed at by the rest of the League.  Funny that.

One athlete who was truly worthy of the term “role model.”   He was a hero of mine growing up, and happen-stance allowed me to meet him as a young man (I worked at a summer camp where a couple of his daughters worked, and his son and youngest daughter attended).  Was one of those rare cases where the man met or even exceeded the image.  What an incredible athlete and, even more important, human being.