Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Wolf

Predictions: Beaumont West Brook vs Beaumont United

Recommended Posts

1
22 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

 

 

Did you see a crack in their armor when they played Nederland?  Did you even attend the United/Sterling game? I'm hoping your statement is not based on sour grapes...

Sour grapes?  Not at all.  I would have been totally surprised if BU couldn't beat Nederland.   The combined records of BU's opponents are 3-9.  Each standing at 1-3.  By beating a weak team like Sterling by only 17-7 this is the crack in the thin armor.  But, by all accounts, BU should, on paper, beat WB.  But -- BU is playing with a handy cap that I don't think they'll able to overcome.  Again, just my opinion.  One thing about it, though -- one of us will be right sometime Friday night!  😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Sour grapes?  Not at all.  I would have been totally surprised if BU couldn't beat Nederland.   The combined records of BU's opponents are 3-9.  Each standing at 1-3.  By beating a weak team like Sterling by only 17-7 this is the crack in the thin armor.  But, by all accounts, BU should, on paper, beat WB.  But -- BU is playing with a handy cap that I don't think they'll able to overcome.  Again, just my opinion.  One thing about it, though -- one of us will be right sometime Friday night!  😉

What's the handicap and why couldn't Nederland or PAM exploit it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

At 4-0 and 1-0,  (1-3 at this point last year) ,I think I love our 'handicap '.  🤷🏾‍♂️

In case you missed it the first time, let me repeat this:  "The combined records of BU's opponents are 3-9.  Each standing at 1-3."   Some handicaps can be overcome with weak opponents.   We'll see against WB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Reagan said:

In case you missed it the first time, let me repeat this:  "The combined records of BU's opponents are 3-9.  Each standing at 1-3."   Some handicaps can be overcome with weak opponents.   We'll see against WB.

 Cheering vicariously through West Brook.  I see and understand now.  Thank you for clarifying....😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

 Cheering vicariously through West Brook.  I see and understand now.  Thank you for clarifying....😎

Wrong again!  No dog in this fight.  Just making an observation based on what I see.  On paper, BU should win.  But, you know, that darn handicap! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Wrong again!  No dog in this fight.  Just making an observation based on what I see.  On paper, BU should win.  But, you know, that darn handicap! 

So if United loses to West Brook due to a 'handicap', based on yout logic, I assume Belaire, Strake  Jesuit, Lamar, AND CE King has that same Handicap.   How ironic is that?  If WB makes another deep run this year will all the teams they face have this same handicap that United seems to have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

So if United loses to West Brook due to a 'handicap', based on yout logic, I assume Belaire, Strake  Jesuit, Lamar, AND CE King has that same Handicap.   How ironic is that?  If WB makes another deep run this year will all the teams they face have this same handicap that United seems to have?

Let's don't get bogged down concerning West Brook.  They are just the next opponent up.  It could be any team that has a winning record against decent opponents.  This is strictly about BU's handicap.  It'll probably shine through Friday night.  BTW -- at this point WB doesn't appear to have the same type of handicap.   But, I would think, though, that BU has the talent to challenge for a State Title.  But...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Let's don't get bogged down concerning West Brook.  They are just the next opponent up.  It could be any team that has a winning record against decent opponents.  This is strictly about BU's handicap.  It'll probably shine through Friday night.  BTW -- at this point WB doesn't appear to have the same type of handicap.   But, I would think, though, that BU has the talent to challenge for a State Title.  But...

I like how you side stepped my questions... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I like how you side stepped my questions... 

Combining two schools, BU should have the talent to win at least the district championship.  Let me ask you this:  what if they don't?  What would you think would be the reason.  This would just be your opinion.  Everything I've stated so far is my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Combining two schools, BU should have the talent to win at least the district championship.  Let me ask you this:  what if they don't?  What would you think would be the reason.  This would just be your opinion.  Everything I've stated so far is my opinion.

If you did the research, its truly not likely for United or even West Brook to win district since North Shore is in the district... Far fetched at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

If you did the research, its truly not likely for United or even West Brook to win district since North Shore is in the district... Far fetched at this point. 

Again, combining two schools, BU should have the talent to compete with North Shore.  Am I off base on this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Reagan said:

Again, combining two schools, BU should have the talent to compete with North Shore.  Am I off base on this?

Ozen and Central were 5a schools.   WB is 6a and has the same amount of students as United.  WB made a state title run but got ran off the field by NS last year. NS returmed  like 90% of their team from last year.  So yes, you're way off base.  

A wise person once told me, if you know better, you say better...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Ozen and Central were 5a schools.   WB is 6a and has the same amount of students as United.  WB made a state title run but got ran off the field by NS last year. NS returmed  like 90% of their team from last year.  So yes, you're way off base.  

A wise person once told me, if you know better, you say better...

I guess what he is trying to say is that our coaching is a HANDICAP. United has a very good coaching staff and personally i will put them up against any in the area. Everyone is quick to say the coaching, oh they will get out coached. What does that really mean being at a school that has the demographics as a United, Central, or Ozen. You got my point. So I guess You're basically saying Pevey staff is better than Louis staff, well that's what i get out of it since you cant say it. WB staff is ok but as you know a good QB make any coach look good. Ask BB in New England a loser until he met Brady!!! Back to my point, out coached. Lets make a lil list and see who would you take on paper not knowing their school!!

HC= Louis-  Everyone knows his story SOUTH PARK LEGEND!!!! Mic drop

DC= Franks - local star in the late 80,s: went to Baylor as a DB and played over 10 years of pro ball, via NFL or Canada. High school coach for over10 yrs as well

        Jones- played at WB went on to play at Southern in BR, was on Stump's staff we they were making deep playoff runs as a LB coach 10 yrs coaching experience

OC=  Bevil    - Local QB star at WOS; went to JC and one a national championship as the QB. The starting QB at LU when  program started back up; trains almost every QB

                          in the area. Grad Ass on the college level were he honed the skills of the entire offense. OL, RB,WR and QB. Can coach it all!!! 7 yrs exp @ HS coaching

       Ceasar-  Local star at WR, went on to play his college ball at Arkansas. Hes as good as it gets coaching kids regardless of the QB play hes consistently has had a D1

                      WR. 10 yrs HS coaching exp

      Dotson- Cant speak on what i truly don't know (college career), but the other school wanted him just as bad as BU needed him under the circumstances, Great OL

                     coach and hes doing a great job as the run coordinator. 10 yrs HS coaching EXP.

     DB- BT-   Local star for Central went on to play on LU's first team as well. Was a standout player at LU, all conference performer. Will be coach Stowers DC we he get

                     into coaching, so that says a lot in itself. Played for Coach Stowers!!! Most wanted this past summer, glade he stayed!! 6 yrs exp

 DL/LB- KT- Local stud as well from central, played ball at SFA. Performed at a high level in college, super good energy will be a DC in the near future if he want!!

                     6 yrs HS exp

RB=  Nelson- Local star at the Brook, don't know his college career.

said all that to say this, that out coached stuff is a thing of the past. They said it against Nederland and Memorial and we see what the outcome was. I know for a fact WB coaches don't have the Credential that i mention in the above caption!! WB head coach is from OF, they didn't hire him prior to the sub varsity parents going to a school board meeting and petitioned that he get the WB head job when Flanagan left. No HC exp at all but now hes the hottest thing in the GT!! The COACHES i mentioned above were all Scholarship student athletes, meaning they didn't walk on the teams they were recruited by those schools. Not saying just because a person played football he can coach football!! I am saying these guys have proven they can coach and AL is allowing the young coaches  to grow their wings and right the ship and hes the master coach; input only when needed and necessary. AL knows one way, old school do the right thing kinda of coach, we know its an ERA of 7 on 7, camps, and one sport players. They train all off season on one sport, that's what the younger coaches bring to the table is that extra stuff. Which means doing stuff that's outside the norm. Friday game is going to be BU coming out party Mark my word.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This should be a great game.  Field position will be a key.  The team with fewest turnovers with the edge.  The team able to run the ball on offense should control the tempo & the points scored. Wish I could be there.  I do not have a favorite in this one!

Pray no one gets hurt & game is extremely competitive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, png9mon said:

This should be a great game.  Field position will be a key.  The team with fewest turnovers with the edge.  The team able to run the ball on offense should control the tempo & the points scored. Wish I could be there.  I do not have a favorite in this one!

Pray no one gets hurt & game is extremely competitive.

I'm with you, wish I could be at the game. But I've got to work. Good Luck to both teams, should be a heck of a game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Member Statistics

    41,800
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    Corey Smith
    Newest Member
    Corey Smith
    Joined


×
×
  • Create New...