Nederland Bulldog Relays, 2/16

Seriously not trying to hurt any feelings here BUT...man the Nederland facilities are HORRIBLE. The long jump pit boards are all out of wack. Literally not even close to being a flat surface. Just old rotten out boards sitting at uneven angles. I thought for sure someone was going to break an ankle. The track itself is full of peaks and valleys and dip-de-doo's. Couldn't even see the curves because there are no lights. Kids literally having to run in the dark until they reach the straight away. Worst facilities bar non I've ever seen for a high school track competition.

I remember last year it was LIGHTLY raining and there were literally lakes forming on the track. A couple of teams actually just packed up and got on the buses and went home. Several athletes were stumbling and slipping.

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm busting on Nederland...I am NOT but at the same time I am. Those kids DESERVE MUCH BETTER. IT IS A SHAME.

INSTEAD OF THE DOG POUND THEY SHOULD CALL IT THE JUNKYARD.

Sorry but just being honest.

If you would like nicer facilities than what Nederland provides you are more than welcome to help us pay for improvements,  just send your money to Nederland ISD or you can participate in track events held elsewhere. Not trying to hurt your feelings or bust on you....but at the same time I am. Have a nice day.

On 2/19/2018 at 8:34 AM, StateChamp17 said:

I'm too busy paying for my kids and my communities future students to have nice things.Why?? Because they deserve it. Step up and pay for your own, we did. Nederland kids deserve better. Keep in mind..in all honesty...I am posting this to support those students, not hurt any feelings. Have a nice day as well.

What community do you represent?

• 2 weeks later...
On February 18, 2018 at 5:56 PM, Michele said:

If you would like nicer facilities than what Nederland provides you are more than welcome to help us pay for improvements,  just send your money to Nederland ISD or you can participate in track events held elsewhere. Not trying to hurt your feelings or bust on you....but at the same time I am. Have a nice day.

I'm reminded of the Barbers Hill Supt ragging on Vidor's field after a football game following 3 solid days of rain.  Durn right it was muddy, so that buffoon suggested Vidor ought to get a turf field.  Well okay high roller, let Barbers Hill pay for it, and while your at it, get us one in Evadale.

On 3/7/2018 at 5:48 AM, REBgp said:

I'm reminded of the Barbers Hill Supt ragging on Vidor's field after a football game following 3 solid days of rain.  Durn right it was muddy, so that buffoon suggested Vidor ought to get a turf field.  Well okay high roller, let Barbers Hill pay for it, and while your at it, get us one in Evadale.

Only reason Barber's Hill ISD has money is the refineries.

• 10 months later...
On 2/21/2018 at 5:20 PM, KF89 said:

What community do you represent?

I guess he didn't want to open that can.  May not be the best facilities but I try to attend this meet to support my school and check out some of the other kids in the area.  And the Nederland coaches do a pretty good and efficient job with the events.

• 3 weeks later...