Pitching Limitations for HS

bambam33

Hey guys, I've been trolling around a while and thought I would jump in on this conversation. The bottom line is that arm injuries have skyrocketed in recent years and I applaud the proactive rule change. Is it perfect, absolutely not. Are there a lot of variables based on each individual kid and that particular game situation, absolutely. Can a kid throw 150 pitches in a game? Sure, but most likely their mechanics will begin to break down as they become fatigued. This is where the injuries either happen or begin to happen. I do agree with STYMIE that care must be taken when not on the mound. I suspect that this rule will be modified/improved over the course of the next few years and that it will result in fewer arm injuries. This whole situation reminds me of when they changed the bat standards a few years back. Everyone was screaming about how the change would kill the game. It took a couple of years for teams and coaches to adjust, but you don't even hear those complaints anymore.