OFF SEASON question

Lucky

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm not mistaken, I think this thread was asking the question of should atheletes be forced to participate in football off season even if it was a detriment to their other sport. I am off the agreement that conditioning is beneficial to all sports. But, there are some exceptions.

Weight training for football is not beneficial for sports like golf and tennis. Those sports do need some weight training but not the kind you would do for football. There are student athletes that do play football and these sports, very few mind you, but there are some. I think an AD just has to take in consideration of every single athlete and do what's best for them personally. Yes, 98% of the high school football players will not play on the school's golf or tennis teams, but that remaining 2% shouldn't have to do everything the football players are doing if it is going to take away from their other sport.

In Texas, football rules and it should be that way, definetly. But, I also admire a school that has a well rounded sports program and not one that most of the time puts all their eggs in one basket.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124