Vidor Pirates win Texas Football State Championship!!!

The hows & whys are no longer important.  What really matters is this group of 9 & 10 yr olds went out there & proved that they are CHAMPIONS!  They had one bad game all season that cost them the Super Bowl title, but I believe that the loss pushed them to fight harder for the State Championship & they succeeded. Way to go boys! We are so proud of you! & thank you to all who supported them!

[quote name="ftbl4life" post="1354538" timestamp="1355435091"]
The hows & whys are no longer important.  What really matters is this group of 9 & 10 yr olds went out there & proved that they are CHAMPIONS!  They had one bad game all season that cost them the Super Bowl title, but I believe that the loss pushed them to fight harder for the State Championship & they succeeded. Way to go boys! We are so proud of you! & thank you to all who supported them!
[/quote]^^^yep

[quote name="Pirates98" post="1355728" timestamp="1355686381"]
PNG couldn't/didn't want to play for some reason and Vidor stepped in to represent the league and travel to CC. Vidor went to Corpus Christi and won both games which qualified them for the state championship in San Antonio where they went and brought the championship home.
[/quote]

Thats my question WHY "couldn't/did'nt"?

What kind of baby league are they playing in cause around here we have TIFI and I havent seen a Vidor team in any of that. I do see LaPorte and Deer Park and Barbers Hill and Dickinson and Galveston and the list goes on but go ahead and proclaim your kids the super bowl champions. Everybody gets a trophy, come here little Timmy.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1355837" timestamp="1355701029"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=107441.msg1355835#msg1355835 date=1355700908]
All's I got to say is that the Black Pearl rules the Neches now, not a bunch of purple indians in canoes...
[/quote]
You sure do love stirrin dontya rob  ;D
[/quote]

Yup! It's fun! You had to play eight homecomings in a year like my senior year to truly appreciate dishing it back out.

[quote name="BHjustwin" post="1356084" timestamp="1355765102"]
What kind of baby league are they playing in cause around here we have TIFI and I havent seen a Vidor team in any of that. I do see LaPorte and Deer Park and Barbers Hill and Dickinson and Galveston and the list goes on but go ahead and proclaim your kids the super bowl champions. Everybody gets a trophy, come here little Timmy.
[/quote]

For someone who just got their first 4A playoff win, I can understand your concern with the kiddie leagues. I'm talking EAST of the Trinity River here, don't really care what happens on your side of Chambers County.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1356093" timestamp="1355765677"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=107441.msg1355837#msg1355837 date=1355701029]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=107441.msg1355835#msg1355835 date=1355700908]
All's I got to say is that the Black Pearl rules the Neches now, not a bunch of purple indians in canoes...
[/quote]
You sure do love stirrin dontya rob  ;D
[/quote]

Yup! It's fun! You had to play eight homecomings in a year like my senior year to truly appreciate dishing it back out.
[/quote]
Rob you really do crack me up lmao.

[quote name="coachdaddy" post="1354520" timestamp="1355433370"]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=107441.msg1354506#msg1354506 date=1355431610]
how did vidor get to play in that tournament when png beat them in the super bowl?
[/quote]

My question is, "If PNG won the Super Bowl, why couldn't PNG play in the tournament?"
[/quote]
We wanted someone else in our area to have a Championship feeling like we had (PNG W).  ;D

Good job Vidor W (the kids) you represented the area well.

As for those arrogant coaches, it took ya'll leaving the area to finally win a Championship.  Your Welcome!!

[quote name="Lamar1996" post="1356231" timestamp="1355800052"]
[quote author=coachdaddy link=topic=107441.msg1354520#msg1354520 date=1355433370]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=107441.msg1354506#msg1354506 date=1355431610]
how did vidor get to play in that tournament when png beat them in the super bowl?
[/quote]

My question is, "If PNG won the Super Bowl, why couldn't PNG play in the tournament?"
[/quote]
We wanted someone else in our area to have a Championship feeling like we had (PNG W).  ;D

Good job Vidor W (the kids) you represented the area well.

As for those arrogant coaches, it took ya'll leaving the area to finally win a Championship.  Your Welcome!!
[/quote]

And you call them arrogant after posting this crap? SMH

They advanced out of the area due to the bracket , pretty sure  no one has ever won a Championship without leaving the area
Pretty sure Vidor won the first time they played PNG W. Granted it was the super bowl when PNG W got the W that mattered. 

The "kiddie league" in question would be the South Texas Youth Football League.  Vidor won that tournament to be eligible to play against the winning team from the North Texas Youth Football League.  Both of these are affiliated & "governed" by USA Football which is the Official Football Development Partner of the NFL. 
As far as your references to them needing to go out of town to win, well I really don't understand why such disparaging remarks are made against a bunch of 9 & 10 year olds. This team lost 1 game all season.  Let's give credit where credit is due.  [b]ALL[/b] of the youth teams played their hearts out! 
If you have issues with coaches then that's a different issue, but I don't think ANY child from ANY team should be the target of some of these callous remarks.

[quote name="ftbl4life" post="1356444" timestamp="1355867123"]
[color=red]The "kiddie league" in question would be the South Texas Youth Football League.[/color]  Vidor won that tournament to be eligible to play against the winning team from the North Texas Youth Football League.  Both of these are affiliated & "governed" by USA Football which is the Official Football Development Partner of the NFL. 
As far as your references to them needing to go out of town to win, well I really don't understand why such disparaging remarks are made against a bunch of 9 & 10 year olds. This team lost 1 game all season.  Let's give credit where credit is due.  [b]ALL[/b] of the youth teams played their hearts out! 
If you have issues with coaches then that's a different issue, but I don't think ANY child from ANY team should be the target of some of these callous remarks.
[/quote]

At 7-8 yo football its all [color=red]"kiddie league"[/color] from stjfl to the biggest baddest select tournament. I agree with every thing else you said but keep it real

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    katty
    Newest Member
    katty