5A GEORGETOWN COMMITS THEIR 3rd 4A ROBBERY vs. NEDERLAND!

Time to warm up the forum again.

Congratulations to the kids of Nederland on an incredible season. Your defense is every bit as stout as the fans have been saying.  VERY IMPRESSIVE to hold GTOWN to 27yards on the ground in the 1st half and snag two picks. 

So what happened?

I'm curious to hear from the Nederland fans if they have faced ANY team in 4A that looked like this year's GTown squad.  4 quarters of dealing with their O-line is gonna wear out most 4A teams.  Your lack of offense has been a known issue all season, so seeing 6 points on the scoreboard shouldn't be a shock to anyone.

A Nederland vs Angleton or SC game would have be VERY interesting.  I still believe Nederland's lack of offense would have proved their undoing vs Angleton or SC. I see either game being much closer. Nederland holding both squads to around 24 points and Nederland maybe getting 14 points.  Its clear your DB's can play, so maybe the score would have been reversed.

It obviously sucks to see my SC Bulldogs lose in the 2nd round, but Angleton or Nederland can't boast about beating GTown either.  Angleton gets the offensive pat on the back for scoring the most on GTown and Nederland clearly gets the defensive pat on the back for holding GTown the longest.  SC gets two pats on the back for still being the GREATEST SHOW ON TURF!

I know, I know, Nederland fans "won't complain" ...but they have every right to do so.  You got robbed ...and took an unwarranted smack in the mouth along the way.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1352579" timestamp="1355087403"]

Congratulations to the kids of Nederland on an incredible season. Your defense is every bit as stout as the fans have been saying.  VERY IMPRESSIVE to hold GTOWN to 27yards on the ground in the 1st half and snag two picks. 

So what happened?

I'm curious to hear from the Nederland fans if they have faced ANY team in 4A that looked like this year's GTown squad.  4 quarters of dealing with their O-line is gonna wear out most 4A teams.  Your lack of offense has been a known issue all season, so seeing 6 points on the scoreboard shouldn't be a shock to anyone.

A Nederland vs Angleton or SC game would have be VERY interesting.  I still believe Nederland's lack of offense would have proved their undoing vs Angleton or SC. I see either game being much closer. Nederland holding both squads to around 24 points and Nederland maybe getting 14 points.  Its clear your DB's can play, so maybe the score would have been reversed.

It obviously sucks to see my SC Bulldogs lose in the 2nd round, but Angleton or Nederland can't boast about beating GTown either.  Angleton gets the offensive pat on the back for scoring the most on GTown and Nederland clearly gets the defensive pat on the back for holding GTown the longest.  SC gets two pats on the back for still being the GREATEST SHOW ON TURF!

I know, I know, Nederland fans "won't complain" ...but they have every right to do so.  You got robbed ...and took an unwarranted smack in the mouth along the way.

[/quote]

WOW!  You still grasping at that 5A/4A  excuse?  Man,  get life dude!

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1352579" timestamp="1355087403"]

So what happened?

[/quote]

How Nederland hold them and GT scored 38? They put 2nd string Qb in vs Ned didn't they?

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1352586" timestamp="1355087975"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=107311.msg1352579#msg1352579 date=1355087403]

So what happened?

[/quote]

WOW!  You still grasping at that 5A/4A  excuse?  Man,  get life dude!
[/quote]

I think DemDawgs were talking to Nederland, not PNG, I don't know you would have to ask he/she :)

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1352584" timestamp="1355087756"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=107311.msg1352580#msg1352580 date=1355087525]
your account still active?  ::)
[/quote]

Why you ask that? Because you thought you deleted :o
[/quote] Im a MOD not ADMIN, nice try though.  ;)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1352591" timestamp="1355088185"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=107311.msg1352584#msg1352584 date=1355087756]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=107311.msg1352580#msg1352580 date=1355087525]
your account still active?  ::)
[/quote]

Why you ask that? Because you thought you deleted :o
[/quote] Im a MOD not ADMIN, nice try though.  ;)
[/quote]

I plead the 5th ;D...

Dem I will say this much I watched a Navasota team that would most likely demolish SC, GT, Ned and many other 4a and 5a teams and they are 3a. Yes GT has big numbers but GT SC and maybe Pearland DAwson will move up next alignment if the districts don't fudge the numbers which happens a lot with multiple  H.S. in a school districts. Hey GT offense is really good but we shot ourselves in the foot too many times. Gt earned the win  and I hope they win it all.

[quote name="phunter308" post="1352593" timestamp="1355088629"]
Dem I will say this much I watched a Navasota team that would most likely demolish SC, GT, Ned and many other 4a and 5a teams and they are 3a. Yes GT has big numbers but GT SC and maybe Pearland DAwson will move up next alignment if the districts don't fudge the numbers which happens a lot with multiple  H.S. in a school districts. Hey GT offense is really good but we shot ourselves in the foot too many times. Gt earned the win  and I hope they win it all.
[/quote]

SC and GT may move up, but Dawson won't...they were built to be a big 4A program...if they get too large, they will simply off shoot students to Pearland High, who is already 5A

[quote name="phunter308" post="1352593" timestamp="1355088629"]
[/quote]

SC will kill Navasota! Even though I understand when you say some 3a schools can beat some 4a schools, and some 4a schools can beat some 5a schools....but only a great 3a school can beat a average to good 4a school....

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1352594" timestamp="1355088671"]
Let me go on record and say gt will not win state. Tyler john tyler has more d1 talent on their team than any school left. I think they have 3 top 100 but I could be wrong. I also think denton guyer is primed to take a title. Loads of talent and supreme coaching.
[/quote]

Is John Tyler div1? Will they get to meet Denton Guyer? DG always loaded with talent

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1352599" timestamp="1355089271"]
Navasota would beat sc. Go watch them and you will see why.
[/quote]

I saw them, and I know they are loaded...that #2 is really fast, but I know they couldn't from watching both teams....I'm not saying that because I'm a SC fan, I'm going by both teams for this year

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1352594" timestamp="1355088671"]
Let me go on record and say gt will not win state. Tyler john tyler has more d1 talent on their team than any school left. I think they have 3 top 100 but I could be wrong. I also think denton guyer is primed to take a title. Loads of talent and supreme coaching.
[/quote] CUJO starts out slow as of recently, thats gonna cost them real soon, if not to Guyer then to GT. The thing about Guyer is if you get their QB rattled he chokes, if he doesnt get pressured he's the best player on the field period.

[quote author=Razor link=topic=107311.msg1352596#msg1352596 date=1355088857]
[quote author=phunter308 link=topic=107311.msg1352593#msg1352593 date=1355088629]
[/quote]

SC and GT may move up, but Dawson won't...they were built to be a big 4A program...if they get too large, they will simply off shoot students to Pearland High, who is already 5A
[/quote] GT will not move back up, they have another HS there now. SC will move up and out of Region 3 into Region 2. SC better hope the UIL doesnt ship them into that Spring, Klein district. They would be in the Lufkin district i would think if the UIL doesnt do anything crazy with Kingwood.

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1352602" timestamp="1355089481"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=107311.msg1352599#msg1352599 date=1355089271]
[/quote]

I saw them, and I know they are loaded...that #2 is really fast, but I know they couldn't from watching both teams....I'm not saying that because I'm a SC fan, I'm going by both teams for this year
[/quote]what part of sc game is better than navasota. WOS was loaded with d1 talent and navasota handled them.

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1352597" timestamp="1355088935"]
[quote author=phunter308 link=topic=107311.msg1352593#msg1352593 date=1355088629]
[/quote]

SC will kill Navasota! Even though I understand when you say some 3a schools can beat some 4a schools, and some 4a schools can beat some 5a schools....but only a great 3a school can beat a average to good 4a school....
[/quote]

Not so fast my friend.  Navasota would put 48 points on SC before halftime.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1352603" timestamp="1355089549"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=107311.msg1352594#msg1352594 date=1355088671]
[/quote] CUJO starts out slow as of recently, thats gonna cost them real soon, if not to Guyer then to GT. The thing about Guyer is if you get their QB rattled he chokes, if he doesnt get pressured he's the best player on the field period.

[quote author=Razor link=topic=107311.msg1352596#msg1352596 date=1355088857]
[/quote]

[/quote] GT will not move back up, they have another HS there now. [b]SC will move up[/b] and out of Region 3 into Region 2. SC better hope the UIL doesnt ship them into that Spring, Klein district. They would be in the Lufkin district i would think if the UIL doesnt do anything crazy with Kingwood.
[/quote]

SC will not move up, the district built SC and now realized they didn't need the school, so they will move kids back to humble, because they realize SC won't have the 5a size kids to compete 5a.....everybody is saying sc have 5a numbers, but THAT'S ONLY because the 8th grade Class was large. How can incoming Freshman help our Varsity team this year or next years team?

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1352608" timestamp="1355089816"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=107311.msg1352602#msg1352602 date=1355089481]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=107311.msg1352599#msg1352599 date=1355089271]
[/quote]

[/quote]what part of sc game is better than navasota. WOS was loaded with d1 talent and navasota handled them.
[/quote]

We have better backs, they certainly not better than our QB, and our Lbs are bigger and better...now that #2 may be faster than anybody on our team

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33