**BEAUMONT CENTRAL vs. DALLAS MADISON Champ. /Madison wins 55-50

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1348118" timestamp="1354510953"]
It's that what happened to your Bulldogs when they lost to this Central team?  Did your Dogs get shafted?
[/quote]

Well I wasnt going to say anything, but since you bring it up...  yes! The refs were very inconsistent.  Central is a very talented and athletic group and can out jump our guys by a mile, but that doesnt mean it is okay to jump on our backs when we have position for rebounds.  Nederland is going to have a hard time beating Central if we dont have a fair officiating crew. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="GoBigBlue1997" post="1348150" timestamp="1354539596"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=106991.msg1348118#msg1348118 date=1354510953]
It's that what happened to your Bulldogs when they lost to this Central team?  Did your Dogs get shafted?
[/quote]

Well I wasnt going to say anything, but since you bring it up...  yes! The refs were very inconsistent.  Central is a very talented and athletic group and can out jump our guys by a mile, but that doesnt mean it is okay to jump on our backs when we have position for rebounds.  Nederland is going to have a hard time beating Central if we dont have a fair officiating crew.
[/quote]I doubt we will have the Beaumont chapter officiate any games this year when we play Central. Both coaches have to agree on which chapter will be used, and I doubt Coach English would agree to the Bmt chapter for district games.

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1348168" timestamp="1354542297"]
There is only one way I know of to take the refs out of it. Hit your free throws, minimize your turnovers , control the boards, make your easy baskets,etc....
[/quote]

BD3 thats true but let me ask u this...do u think Wheatley will come back..lol...probably not..I think Houston schools will avoid the ymbl because of inconsistency with the officiating..which will in turn water down the competition...

[quote name="BmtTopFlight2017" post="1348196" timestamp="1354546327"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=106991.msg1348168#msg1348168 date=1354542297]
There is only one way I know of to take the refs out of it. Hit your free throws, minimize your turnovers , control the boards, make your easy baskets,etc....
[/quote]

BD3 thats true but let me ask u this...do u think Wheatley will come back..lol...probably not..I think Houston schools will avoid the ymbl because of inconsistency with the officiating..which will in turn water down the competition...
[/quote]That is exactly what will happen and it's sad. The Bmt Chapter has had many issues in the past, and it seems they continue to burry themselves deeper in the hole in which they created for themselves. Unless BISD acknowledges what's going on and changes something, the YMBL will go back to being local team's only.

[quote name="BmtTopFlight2017" post="1348196" timestamp="1354546327"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=106991.msg1348168#msg1348168 date=1354542297]
[/quote]

[/quote] I'm going to talk with Coach Patrick and get his side of the story. I told him not to come down here half-cocked.  ;)

I've played competitive team sports and individual competitive  sports at a very high level. The one thing you learn in individual sports is that refs make bad and inconsistent calls. Its gonna happen. You gotta focus on your game and  do what it takes to win to overcome the odds. If I (we)take advantage of scoring opportunities, we still have a chance. Unless you're in the bonus with 8 minutes to go  :D

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1348230" timestamp="1354549108"]
I've played competitive team sports and individual competitive  sports at a very high level. The one thing you learn in individual sports is that refs make bad and inconsistent calls. Its gonna happen. You gotta focus on your game and  do what it takes to win to overcome the odds. If I (we)take advantage of scoring opportunities, we still have a chance. Unless you're in the bonus with 8 minutes to go  :D
[/quote]

;)  :D  ;D :o. ::)  ???...lol

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1348168" timestamp="1354542297"]
[/quote]Missed FTs and layups are THE reason WB beat us last Tuesday in OT. Didn't miss many on Saturday when we played WB again, and the outcome was much different.

Central beat us Saturday morning at the FT line. We made ours too 7/9, but they were at the line about twice as much and didn't miss many.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1348230" timestamp="1354549108"]
[/quote]

Dove- I am aware of your magnificent team sports career but not aware of your individual sports accomplishments.  Trying to figure out if it was  tennis, diving, marathon running, golf or the high jump?  Or was it something else?

[quote name="GoBigBlue1997" post="1348150" timestamp="1354539596"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=106991.msg1348118#msg1348118 date=1354510953]
[/quote]

[/quote] So, THAT'S the reason Central beat Nederland.  I was going to say.  I was almost starting to believe that Central was just overall better than Nederland...  ::)

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1348240" timestamp="1354550245"]
[/quote]Missed FTs and layups are THE reason WB beat us last Tuesday in OT. Didn't miss many on Saturday when we played WB again, and the outcome was much different.

Central beat us Saturday morning at the FT line. We made ours too 7/9, but they were at the line about twice as much and didn't miss many.
[/quote]

Central was 10/13 from the line against Nederland. Not exactly twice as much, but a bit more than Ned. ;)

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1348247" timestamp="1354551072"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=106991.msg1348230#msg1348230 date=1354549108]
[/quote]

Dove- I am aware of your magnificent team sports career but not aware of your individual sports accomplishments.  Trying to figure out if it was  tennis, diving, marathon running, golf or the high jump?  Or was it something else?
[/quote]Top 10 in the nation- # 3 in Texas / racquetball

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1348257" timestamp="1354552142"]
[quote author=GoBigBlue1997 link=topic=106991.msg1348150#msg1348150 date=1354539596]
[/quote]

[/quote] So, THAT'S the reason Central beat Nederland.  I was going to say.  I was almost starting to believe that Central was just overall better than Nederland...  ::)
[/quote] I wonder whats going to happen when Central hit that wall during district? I can hear it now..." fire da coach."

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1348301" timestamp="1354556833"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=106991.msg1348257#msg1348257 date=1354552142]
[quote author=GoBigBlue1997 link=topic=106991.msg1348150#msg1348150 date=1354539596]
[/quote]

[/quote] I wonder whats going to happen when Central hit that wall during district? I can hear it now..." fire da coach."
[/quote]

Thank you

[quote name="Who By Fire" post="1348316" timestamp="1354558280"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=106991.msg1348301#msg1348301 date=1354556833]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=106991.msg1348257#msg1348257 date=1354552142]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thank you
[/quote]

I assume that 'wall'that you refer to is Ozen?

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
No I think the wall being when teams wont let u just run up and down the court and u actually have to execute in a half court setting....  ;D

You are right blue ,we had the same discussion last year this time, about Central coach.But since Central is winning so far this year, you don't hear nothing about firing the coach.People tend to judge by wins and losses,but if you know any thing about any sports ,you make adjustments based on the other team and try to improve.I watched Ozen boys play this weekend they lack a big man,once they get all their players they will be fine.I don't pay much attention to coach bashing, because when you win such as Central is doing thus far it shuts the nay sayers mouths.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1348335" timestamp="1354560324"]
The last week of watching Central basketball, I've seen a little bit of half court sets, which consists of give and goes and pick and rolls.  The only thing that bothers me  little now is that we don't have plays designed to free up shooters.
[/quote] Keep being bothered Souljah - It AIN'T OVER

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1348335" timestamp="1354560324"]
The last week of watching Central basketball, I've seen a little bit of half court sets, which consists of give and goes and pick and rolls.  The only thing that bothers me  little now is that we don't have plays designed to free up shooters.
[/quote]

Does this mean there are an insufficient number of SMRJ's being attempted?

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1348366" timestamp="1354562664"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=106991.msg1348335#msg1348335 date=1354560324]
[/quote]

Does this mean there are an insufficient number of SMRJ's being attempted?
[/quote]Exactly!  ;D

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
Central is extremely loaded but the lineup is all wrong...the lack of a strong pg who has good decision making...the one on one look for your own shot is not goin to cut it..yea pick here..pick there...but unless they play Wells who can shoot by the way who knows..his confidence might be deteriorating by the minute...can't toy with a shooters emotion...Guilory...Wells...Mitchell....Pearson...Wildrige...

[quote name="BmtTopFlight2017" post="1348393" timestamp="1354564704"]
Central is extremely loaded but the lineup is all wrong...they lack of a strong pg who has good decision making...the one on one look for your own shot is not goin to cut it..yea pick here..pick there...but unless they play Wells who can shoot by the way who knows..his confidence might be deteriorating by the minute...can't toy with a shooters emotion...Guilory...Wells...Mitchell....Pearson...Willdrige...
[/quote]    BmtTopFlight2017 , you done gave out the secret. But it probably won't matter anyway ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder