3A D-I Region 3 championship: Carthage (10-2) vs. Silsbee (10-2), 7:30pm Friday,

Who will win?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Silsbee
    • Carthage

[quote name="Bev" post="1344201" timestamp="1354151503"]
[quote author=mute link=topic=106679.msg1344163#msg1344163 date=1354142506]
Guys, I am from Carthage and I will fill you in on a few things...Mostly Juniors on this team.  Most of the front 7 on offense, the QB, and RB are juniors too.  Don't remember about wideouts.  Defense is tuff.  Hard to run up the middle on them and they cover ground really fast.  From the post ya'll put, I understand ya'll have speed.  Carthage has speed and has seen great speed this year.  All the fans better hold on for this one......it will be good.  Of course I pick the Dawgs even it is just by 1.
[/quote]

Carthage starts 10 juniors on offense.  All 3 of the WRs are juniors; one of them has more than 1,000 yards in receptions.

One of the DTs is committed to A&M.  He will play in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio in January.  He is currently ranked 11th in the country at his position by Rivals. 

Good luck!

Silsbee has a QB that has rushed over 1000 yards and passed for 2500 yards. We also have a WR closing in 1000 and one at 500. Good Luck!
[/quote]

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="mute" post="1344193" timestamp="1354149097"]

[/quote]With all that being said, and I'm not from Silsbee, You all will have more than you can handle against this team who lost by maybe a touchdown to the best defense in the state, and to a 4A team who caught them with too many key players out. They beat 2 other 4A teams with us being one of them, we made the playoffs and Silsbee could have made the playoffs in most 4A districts.
[/quote]

Best defense in the state?  Who might that be?  Carthage played Whitehouse who was beat for the #4 team in 4A and is still in the playoffs.  We held them to the least they had been held to up to that point.  John Tyler allowed more points that we did.  Carthage could have made it in 4A also.  I believe Carthage has one of the best, if not the best coaching staff I've seen, and I've seen a lot of them.  The amazing thing is, most of the teams who have talked that kinda trash end up finding out that Carthage is better than they predicted.  Anyway, teams down there think Carthage is just going to roll over and play dead.  The Dawgs played 4 - 4A teams, and two 3a teams that were pretty good at the time, before district. They beat a very fast Palestine team in the first round.  I've heard about Silsbee and I'm not going to try to dog the kids there.  [b]But if you think it's going to be easy, you're fooled.  .[/b]
[/quote]

I haven't seen any post suggesting that Silsbee thinks this will be easy. I have seen posts where Carthage thinks this way though. ;)

You "newbie" Carthage folks need to get a grip.

Silsbee must run outside the tackles like I said before. Get the ball in the hands of Kendrick Scott, Zayon Jackson, and Bryson on the rushing attack. Let Spearman get some up the middle carries and Reed back to outside. Only way we run the ball well vs them. It will be done! Also we need to have a awesome passing game. Get the ball in Holmes and Elams had as often as possible.

Who has more luxury silsbee or Carthage, that's easy Carthage .. Who has more heart .. that's easy Silsbee. Who deserves to win, that's easy too.. Silsbee, Carthage will hop back on that jet and head back home with the "L" People didn't expect the tigers to go this far anyway, they weren't even mentioned before season started.. now they are on fire and all over the news, so watch out  ;D

Guest GeauxDawgs
[quote name="Geaux Tigers" post="1344279" timestamp="1354165024"]
Who has more luxury silsbee or Carthage, that's easy Carthage .. Who has more heart .. that's easy Silsbee. Who deserves to win, that's easy too.. Silsbee, Carthage will hop back on that jet and head back home with the "L" People didn't expect the tigers to go this far anyway, they weren't even mentioned before season started.. now they are on fire and all over the news, so watch out  ;D
[/quote]

I can understand you are a Silsbee fan & all.... But two of your comments, "Who deserves to win, that's easy too... Silsbee - Why is that? Why are they any more deserving than the players & Coaching staff from Carthage? I know no one from Silsbee, however, I have no doubt the Coaches & players have worked just as hard & endured ups and downs throughout their season just the same as the Bulldawgs have. I feel neither team has gotten this far without preparation, dedication, and a ton of hard work. Whichever team ends up on the losing end Friday will take it pretty hard, but to say one team deserves the win more than the other before kickoff is completely assign.
Your next statement... "Carthage will hop back on that jet and head back home" - What does that mean???? Luxury??? Are you speaking of our stadium??? Surely you are not referring to the Jumbotron, because I had no idea it piped cold air out on the players while they were working out in the excessive heat during two days. Or maybe it is so large it cast a shadow over the entire field to keep the turf from reaching over 90 degrees or so. We don't like for our players to sweat!!! I think you have a very shaded view of Carthage and how we choose to vote on bond issues to keep the tax payers money in Carthage ISD.

[quote name="Geaux Tigers" post="1344279" timestamp="1354165024"]
[/quote]

This is probably the most idiotic post ever.

Luxury? Um yeah we have a nice stadium and nice scoreboard, and?

Silsbee has more heart? Have you ever personally met the coaches and players from Carthage? Ever personally watched them play? No? That's what I thought.

Who deserves to win more? Are you kidding? What makes silsbee more deserving? Carthage works just as hard as any other team out there. That's why we've won 3 state championships in the past four years.

Nobody expected y'all to make it this far? Fair enough. But nobody expected Carthage to either. Pretty sure I saw someone on here say they're not the same kids as the championship team. Well no, but each year we won the championships our big playmakers had to be replaced. And each year we hear about how we won't win.

Coach Surratt is one of the best highschool coaches in Texas. Period.

I personally think this is going to be a very tough game, for both teams. If Carthage comes out and plays mistake free, we've got it.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Geaux Tigers" post="1344322" timestamp="1354195136"]
Just trying to sweeten the tread a little, don't get you alls penny's in a bunch.  ::)
[/quote]

??? ???

[quote name="CLASSof2010" post="1344320" timestamp="1354194307"]
[quote author=Geaux Tigers link=topic=106679.msg1344279#msg1344279 date=1354165024]
[/quote]

Silsbee has more heart? Have you ever personally met the coaches and players from Carthage? Ever personally watched them play? No? That's what I thought.

Who deserves to win more? Are you kidding? What makes silsbee more deserving? Carthage works just as hard as any other team out there. That's why we've won 3 state championships in the past four years.

Nobody expected y'all to make it this far? Fair enough. But nobody expected Carthage to either. Pretty sure I saw someone on here say they're not the same kids as the championship team. Well no, but each year we won the championships our big playmakers had to be replaced. And each year we hear about how we won't win.

I personally think this is going to be a very tough game, for both teams. If Carthage comes out and plays mistake free, we've got it.
[/quote]

I think Carthage has a great coach! He has a lot of hardware!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1344346" timestamp="1354199678"]
[quote author=CLASSof2010 link=topic=106679.msg1344320#msg1344320 date=1354194307]
[quote author=Geaux Tigers link=topic=106679.msg1344279#msg1344279 date=1354165024]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think Carthage has a great coach! He has a lot of hardware!
[/quote]

Yeah he is! And yes he does! He made the difference in Carthage!

[quote name="Stephen A Smith" post="1344236" timestamp="1354157776"]
...I bet the bank Nobody is blocking Seth Adams
[/quote]

It will be fun to watch and see.  Carthage's 2 junior OGs are huge - one weighs 325 & the "small" one weighs 275.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1344571" timestamp="1354217239"]
special teams will be the difference *hint*  ;)
[/quote]

Are you referring to the fact that the Carthage kicker (who has kicked 40 yard FG) has a stronger leg than the Silsbee kicker (whose 35 yard FG last week hit the crossbar)? 

Are you referring to the fact that the Carthage kicker (who has kicked 40 yard FG) has a stronger leg than the Silsbee kicker (whose 35 yard FG last week hit the crossbar)?
[/quote]

Were both kicks good? 
Yes. 
I do not see your point. 
3 points equals 3 points. 

My version of sarcasm.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder