Huffman at Shepherd Game Thread/41-36 Shepherd wins!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="mwm4795" post="1312975" timestamp="1351439256"]
then you are happy with just a second round?you limit yourself to just 3 running playsand not adjust to your talent then that is lack of coaching and not the players and special teams backup qb u r selling us short with coldsprings team mac couldnt have taken them past second round
[/quote]

You must not be from Huffman. If you were around the last 30 years or so you would not be complaining. There has never been a consistent run of success as has happened the last several years. The success did not happen due to incompetence on the part of the coaching staff. I continually find it interesting how people who have no clue about coaching are quick to throw a coach under the bus as soon as they encounter hardship. I dont know if you are aware of this or not but Coldspring has made most programs look bad the last several years. It was not because they have superior coaching to every school/coach they have faced. EVERY coach knows that it is the Bobbys and Joes, not the Xs and Os. Huffman is a program that many programs/coaches look to with respect.

I think we should fire Mac like they did Stewart at Liberty and Tullos at Cleveland... Boy that really paid off!! Maybe they could get another guy in there that works for two or three years and moves on...

I think we should fire all the coaches and let the Little League Parents take over... That would make things so much better!!

Huffman's D has been absolutely atrocious this year, wow!! Congrats to Shepherd. I guess I got some major crow coming my way , I know IDK is going to have alot to say .

falconfanatic, I truely don't have a ton to say Huffman is a very good team.I you can remember I have never predicted Shepherd would be anyone all I said was after the game was over you would know you played this team. I wish your team and the QB the best of luck he is a really good one. That Sr. Class from Shepherd has really come around, the finally believe in the coaches and each other. That class has a good core group that worked their butts off, when everyone under the sun keep telling them, writing on forums and in the paper that they had no chance to even win 2 games this year the kept working hard. It is just really good to see these kids play so hard and get some wins. Don't get me wrong they and the rest of the program have a long way to go to even be talked about in the same breath as Coldspring and Huffman. But their is a new attitude in Shepherd and I am slowly starting to see the parents come around to holding their kids accountable for getting the job done and stop blamming everyone else. Coach Keel and the entire coaching staff has done a really nice job.

I don't get to high or low for a games like this. There is still two games left that they need to win. Don't get me wrong I am very proud of them and glad to see them have a better year. But we have much work to do, for the future, these boys are laying the ground work for the rest of the program. I am not ok with a good year here and there. I want this program to finally be respected and talked about in a good light for a long time to come. We will get there. Ok off my soap box. llol.

But dang was that a great game. Wow.

[quote name="idk" post="1313769" timestamp="1351527937"]
Huffman's D has been absolutely atrocious this year, wow!! Congrats to Shepherd. I guess I got some major crow coming my way , I know IDK is going to have alot to say .

falconfanatic, I truely don't have a ton to say Huffman is a very good team.I you can remember I have never predicted Shepherd would be anyone all I said was after the game was over you would know you played this team. I wish your team and the QB the best of luck he is a really good one. That Sr. Class from Shepherd has really come around, the finally believe in the coaches and each other. That class has a good core group that worked their butts off, when everyone under the sun keep telling them, writing on forums and in the paper that they had no chance to even win 2 games this year the kept working hard. It is just really good to see these kids play so hard and get some wins. Don't get me wrong they and the rest of the program have a long way to go to even be talked about in the same breath as Coldspring and Huffman. But their is a new attitude in Shepherd and I am slowly starting to see the parents come around to holding their kids accountable for getting the job done and stop blamming everyone else. Coach Keel and the entire coaching staff has done a really nice job.

I don't get to high or low for a games like this. There is still two games left that they need to win. Don't get me wrong I am very proud of them and glad to see them have a better year. But we have much work to do, for the future, these boys are laying the ground work for the rest of the program. I am not ok with a good year here and there. I want this program to finally be respected and talked about in a good light for a long time to come. We will get there. Ok off my soap box. llol.

But dang was that a great game. Wow.
[/quote]
2 years of having senior classes with only 4-5 seniors that play football in each class is paying dividends for this group of Seniors. Many are 3 year varsity players. Glad to see all the hard work they put in work out for them. Extremely proud of those boys.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86