Brenham @ Montgomery: Updates- Cubs Win 23-7!

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1298987" timestamp="1350101769"]
Pearland Dawson 28  Montgomery 17
Brenham 23  Montgomery 7

Hmmmmm......and here I was thinking it was a down year for the Cubs.
[/quote]

It is, but our young team is starting to gel.  That could be dangerous for the rest of the D2 schools in the region.

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/courier/sports/brenham-again-downs-montgomery/article_842d81d9-bea7-5145-b730-27e446a0f901.html
http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/article/Brenham-wins-easy-agaisnt-Montgomery-3944883.php

The Cubs scored [b]10 points off of two special teams mistakes[/b] by the Bears in the first half, and their stingy defense held Montgomery to 217 yards and 12 first downs. Could have been 14 points if halftime was not so close.

The bottom line is that the Cubs controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.  The offensive line is starting to look more cohesive and is starting to show great potential.  I feel like they did a really good job on the zone read, and gave Walter plenty of time in the passing game.  On the defensive side of the ball the Cub defense never really allowed the Bears offense to click, and please do not tell me that one big play is consistent.  The Bears seem to always be waiting for the big play, and when it does not happen they have no contingency plan.  They had some success running the ball, but were never able to take over the game.  Brenham's defense was in Bolfing's face all night and the secondary was lights out.  I am really enjoying watching this young team develop into a pretty good group.  I still feel like Brenham has to work on protecting the ball, but those are the things that go along with a really young team. 

Your right 87, the biggest problem I had with the game last night and the biggest problem I have always had with John Bolfing is that he is too comfortable with second place. He waited until late in the 4th quarter to even try to throw the ball, he didn't give the passing game a chance to have success. Y'alls corner was very impressive but if I were Bodhi Bell I'd be pissed that he never had a shot to be a factor due to his own coach calling dumb plays and not giving him the chance to make one. I realize Josh is a young QB but you don't mature as a passer when you don't get to throw the ball. Yet again Bolfing gets out coached by Glenn West. This has been the case over the last few years, even during that long playoff run against Friendswood when we had the athletes to potentially win a state title.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1300262" timestamp="1350200953"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=104601.msg1300260#msg1300260 date=1350200254]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=104601.msg1300254#msg1300254 date=1350197810]
Is Montgomery just west of Conroe on 105?
[/quote]

Ya, 5-10 mins from Conroe.  Right on Lake Conroe.
[/quote] 8)
[/quote]
Geography 105
30 mins west of that on 105 is the states #1 3A team, Navasota.
1 hour west on 105 is Brenham.
;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder