[quote name="CowboysNIndians" post="1296332" timestamp="1349890555"]
I'm going with:
PNG White over Purple
L-town White over Nederland
WOS over Kountze
L-town Blue over Vidor
Beaumont over LC
Bridge City over OF

If I read this correctly, the Division I teams are already set. 
Vidor could get in[b] if[/b] they win out and PNG Purple loses both games.

Lumberton Blue
Lumberton White
PNG Purple
PNG White
[/quote]

Vidor is in! A Nederland win this weekend they are in as 5 or 6 seeds (depends on what Vidor does).  If not it could come down to the Nederland/Beaumont game to see who gets in as 6 seed. A lot can happen ,1-4 seeds are still up in the air.

[quote name="AllSportsMom" post="1296418" timestamp="1349896909"]
How are they doing the playoffs with two divisions this year? Usually it is top 4 from each for 8 total. I was thinking they could seed all in each division with top seed getting first week bye. Website still shows 2011 on playoff qualifications.
[/quote]

Big school ,they are taking top 6 with 1 and 2 getting bye. Don't know how they are doing small school.

[quote name="VP 93......" post="1296431" timestamp="1349898235"]
[quote author=AllSportsMom link=topic=104436.msg1296418#msg1296418 date=1349896909]
How are they doing the playoffs with two divisions this year? Usually it is top 4 from each for 8 total. I was thinking they could seed all in each division with top seed getting first week bye. Website still shows 2011 on playoff qualifications.
[/quote]

Big school ,they are taking top 6 with 1 and 2 getting bye. Don't know how they are doing small school.
[/quote]

Why call them playoffs when almost every team makes it?

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1296810" timestamp="1349960410"]
We don't live there anymore, but my opinion is it's silly to have that many playoff teams after splitting them into two divisions. You will have people with not very good records making the playoffs. Youth football version of "No child left behind" ;D
[/quote]Yep ;)...

[quote name="bradyb" post="1296977" timestamp="1349972878"]
Calm down guys it's OK. It will all play out in the end either way. You play to win conference games so you can get a high seed or a bye week. I was surprised to hear about the 6 teams, but it really don't matter
[/quote]
I don't have kids in it this year, but I've been through it with 2 kids in that league. The stronger 4 teams are going to be the stronger 4 teams come playoff time. Every year, by the time playoffs come around you can pick within 2, maybe 3 teams thats going to win the Superbowl. I have no dog in the hunt, but I think it's being watered down to let teams that usually don't make the playoffs feel good inside. Just my opinion on it.

[quote name="hvac_setx" post="1296440" timestamp="1349898749"]
[quote author=VP 93...... link=topic=104436.msg1296431#msg1296431 date=1349898235]
[quote author=AllSportsMom link=topic=104436.msg1296418#msg1296418 date=1349896909]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Why call them playoffs when almost every team makes it?
[/quote]

Agree. Four would be more like playoffs.

Guest White4Life22
  The issue is most likely over money. The more playoff games, the more tickets. The pay to play system has just swam upstream to the playoffs. Now when you pay for ten plays a game no matter the skills or heart or will to win in your children you get an undeserved chance to win a playoff game. It is a classic description of money out rules everything in the end.

[quote name="get real" post="1302816" timestamp="1350498470"]
Seems pretty crazy to me. The whole dividing them into small school and large school I don't understand either. If the total number of players is the same for all teams what is the point.
[/quote]

I believe the reasoning is Big School have a bigger pool of kids compared to Small School were most kids are playing both ways. I think its a good change for the kids. it reminds me of what Junior High and High Schools do by having districts. They still play each other but Conference records are what counts. Also number of players on a team isn't the same at all. some teams have 32, 20, and even 18... Those numbers are a huge difference to some teams.

[quote name="olddognewtricks" post="1303379" timestamp="1350565039"]
[quote author=get real link=topic=104436.msg1302816#msg1302816 date=1350498470]
Seems pretty crazy to me. The whole dividing them into small school and large school I don't understand either. If the total number of players is the same for all teams what is the point.
[/quote]

I believe the reasoning is Big School have a bigger pool of kids compared to Small School were most kids are playing both ways. I think its a good change for the kids. it reminds me of what Junior High and High Schools do by having districts. They still play each other but Conference records are what counts. Also number of players on a team isn't the same at all. some teams have 32, 20, and even 18... Those numbers are a huge difference to some teams.
[/quote]
Exactly!!!

[quote name="get real" post="1302816" timestamp="1350498470"]
[/quote]

My question to you is what does it hurt?

If this is truly about the kids, it lets two teams win a super bowl and get a trophy......and I see nothing wrong with that!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    katty
    Newest Member
    katty