56 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???????????

• Dayton
    • Crosby

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wasn't good enough to get on the field at either, unless you expected him to beat out Cam Newton. Garrett Gilbert was the Gatorade National Player of the year, Mel Kiper said the would be the first pick in the draft in 3 years. My cousin Barrett Matthews played at North Shore, was a first team all-america is now at Texas. Before the 2011 season they said he would be they key to the offense for Texas that year and he only scored once that year I think. My other cousin Christian Matthews was a dual threat qb ranked similiar to Rollison and ended up going to Kansas. They touted him as the next Todd Reesing, now he plays receiver. Being highly touted means nothing until you produce. If I'm not mistaken Rhett Bhomar (OU transfer) was the qb when Rollison went there, so yeah he couldn't beat him out either. That first game against Ned was the first time Aston had ever called or ran those plays in a game situation. He and the rest of the offense has progressed every game. If Austin could play 16 games like the Young kid did I think 3000 yards would be totally acheavable, but I was talking about the fact that Walter coud have 1000 yards after the Creek game already. If Riordan's qb from last year would have played 16 games he would have been around 4000 yards passing, and that's with no running game to speak of. The man can make his system work with whoever is my point. I am new, so next year when Crosby brings back 8 of the current 11 starters on offense you might be hearing the same [b]old[/b] story. 

[quote name="cougar14" post="1275090" timestamp="1347982123"]
He wasn't good enough to get on the field at either, unless you expected him to beat out Cam Newton. Garrett Gilbert was the Gatorade National Player of the year, Mel Kiper said the would be the first pick in the draft in 3 years. My cousin Barrett Matthews played at North Shore, was a first team all-america is now at Texas. Before the 2011 season they said he would be they key to the offense for Texas that year and he only scored once that year I think. My other cousin Christian Matthews was a dual threat qb ranked similiar to Rollison and ended up going to Kansas. They touted him as the next Todd Reesing, now he plays receiver. Being highly touted means nothing until you produce. If I'm not mistaken Rhett Bhomar (OU transfer) was the qb when Rollison went there, so yeah he couldn't beat him out either. That first game against Ned was the first time Aston had ever called or ran those plays in a game situation. He and the rest of the offense has progressed every game. If Austin could play 16 games like the Young kid did I think 3000 yards would be totally acheavable, but I was talking about the fact that Walter coud have 1000 yards after the Creek game already. If Riordan's qb from last year would have played 16 games he would have been around 4000 yards passing, and that's with no running game to speak of. The man can make his system work with whoever is my point. I am new, so next year when Crosby brings back 8 of the current 11 starters on offense you might be hearing the same [b]old[/b] story.
[/quote]

doesn't take away from the fact he was an elite HS qb and, in the system, he produced...

it may have been an efficient system, true...but a blue-chip athlete(s) is what propelled them to where the ended up, not JUST coaching/systems

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1275115" timestamp="1347983670"]
We heard the same story about the ronnie gage system. Who by the way has 2 rings. For some reason though he has yet to win a playoff game.
[/quote]System worked well enough to beat y'all and everybody else in the district except Crosby last year. They still put almost 40 in their playoff loss last year, they just have a problem with elite speed. Crosby is 3-5 last 5 years in the playoffs, I have a hunch next 5 will be different under the new coach though. Takes time to get kids to buy in. I know one thing, y'all better not lose to them twice in a row 'cause that would mean Dayton has a problem dealing with Gage's system. I'm willing to bet to a Barbers Hill fan that's almost as good as a playoff win.

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
I have to somewhat agree with Dayton folks on here. Cough. This has nothing to do with 2008 and everything to do with Friday night. SS should not be in the equation other than he has called plays against them once but again, irrelevant.  I think for Crosby it's about jumping out to a 14-0 lead last year and letting the Broncos get back in the game when we were confident that we could beat Dayton last year. There have been plenty of times in the past (2008 for sure) where the mentality was- we think we can hang with Dayton and keep it close. That's not the feeling anymore. Crosby is quietly confident they can take care of business. We will see on Friday.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1275173" timestamp="1347987698"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=103214.msg1275115#msg1275115 date=1347983670]
We heard the same story about the ronnie gage system. Who by the way has 2 rings. For some reason though he has yet to win a playoff game.
[/quote]System worked well enough to beat y'all and everybody else in the district except Crosby last year. They still put almost 40 in their playoff loss last year, they just have a problem with elite speed. Crosby is 3-5 last 5 years in the playoffs, I have a hunch next 5 will be different under the new coach though. Takes time to get kids to buy in. I know one thing, y'all better not lose to them twice in a row 'cause that would mean Dayton has a problem dealing with Gage's system. I'm willing to bet to a Barbers Hill fan that's almost as good as a playoff win.
[/quote]who on crosby has elite speed. Ned must have super elite speed.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1275173" timestamp="1347987698"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=103214.msg1275115#msg1275115 date=1347983670]
[/quote]It was like winning the Super Bowl for them!!! ;) ;D

[quote name="cougar14" post="1274599" timestamp="1347918175"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=103214.msg1274560#msg1274560 date=1347915366]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=103214.msg1274557#msg1274557 date=1347914952]
I was actually pulling fot bh last game and this is what I get bhfan. Although I did say bh over crosby in a upset.
[/quote]

If we would have won i would be a bronco fan in this one, but like i said if you guys blow them out or even win then BH is going to have to pull a rabbit out of its hat to get to the playoffs ;D Gotta pull for Crosby in this one :-X Heck we gotta get past King and KP before i can even breath ;D
[/quote] Thank you BHFAN. I didn't like you much last week but I see you're coming around. You need to give some of your sense to that Eagle11 guy. Dayton fans are basing everything on strength of schedule and past results. [b]The Stewart era was great but before that Dayton and Liberty used to be Crosby's door mats.[/b] They want to talk about the Ned game like we just got blown out. Ned got shut out in the second half just like the Hill, just made some mistakes early. Brand new offense with at least 7 new starters against what is probably a top 15 team in the state.They say Dayton is only giving up 6.3 ppg, well I guess they didn't know y'all were giving up 10.5 ppg before Friday. Those are good averages if you were playing an average offense. After we expose them y'all will have a template on how to beat them. My only worry is BH can't throw the ball, but neither can Dayton.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure you're wrong on that one.  Maybe Liltex can help on that one but I can recall 3 Crosby wins over Dayton in my lifetime and none of them in Dayton.

[quote name="JohnSmith" post="1275187" timestamp="1347988481"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=103214.msg1275173#msg1275173 date=1347987698]
[/quote]It was like winning the Super Bowl for them!!! ;) ;D
[/quote]

In the mind of a Bronco you think that everyone is just overjoyed to beat you. In reality your just an average team with an above average ego that everyone likes to see put in it place sometimes 8) I don't know why a 3rd round beat down in the playoffs makes you believe that you are elite ;D

I don't know if you're trying to help me or dispute me. The running back from SS was so good he got one D1 scholarship offer from Air Force. I know what the numbers said but it more so the system. It's the same way in the current Lake Travis or old Southlake systems. Good systems win. Commerce (3a) won 2 state titles with Steve L., he took that same system to Euless Trinity and created a national power. Rollison couldn't get on the field at Sam Houston, Cody Green is starting at Tulsa right now. If you can play you should blossom in any system. I was in college in East Texas when SS won state so I watched them and Texas High with Ryan Mallet play quite a few times along with GJ Kinne at Gilmer. Rollison was the most atheletic but not as good as either. Don't talk about how elite the talent was cause SS schemed up 70 on the best defense you ever had. By the was the qb from SS last year played 12 games and almost threw for 3000 (245 ypg), but I guess he's a freak too, it has nothing to do with the system. I know I might be a little biased but Ryan Young couldn't hold a candle to Austin Walter. I think after he puts 200 on y'all you'll be on here talking about how it's a down year for Dayton or how he's a product of the system. Either way though, I don't think I'll see you on here Friday night admitting to neither. 
[/quote]
Man you're showing your ignorance here.  I wouldn't even have put that defense in Stewart's top 5.  The defense the year before or in 2004 was far better.  Had you been on here a little longer you'd see the same folks from Dayton show up win or lose.  Even though we hate you with every fibre of our being, if you us and win we'll give you credit and we'll still show up.  Last time Crosby was as fired up for this game was in 2007...someone refresh my memory on how that one turned out?? 

Just an FYI...after watching the Nederland/Angleton game this past weekend, I'm pretty sure Dayton's D>Nederland's D.  First game in a new system for Crosby and I don't doubt the talent of the twins, but Crosby was absolutely HANDLED by Nederland.

You're right that Dayton's offense is still a question mark....we'll know a little more after this week as it's the first week they'll actually have their full compliment of players.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1275219" timestamp="1347990390"]
[/quote]

But he beat you ;)
[/quote]im sure that was his crowning achievement. Im going to let you in on a little secret. Bh was not the first team to beat dayton yall just rushed the field like you were. Now beating dayton on a regular basis only a couple of teams can say that and its not bh or crosby.

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1275175" timestamp="1347987754"]
I have to somewhat agree with Dayton folks on here. Cough. This has nothing to do with 2008 and everything to do with Friday night. SS should not be in the equation other than he has called plays against them once but again, irrelevant.  I think for Crosby it's about jumping out to a 14-0 lead last year and letting the Broncos get back in the game when we were confident that we could beat Dayton last year. There have been plenty of times in the past (2008 for sure) where the mentality was- we think we can hang with Dayton and keep it close. That's not the feeling anymore. Crosby is quietly confident they can take care of business. We will see on Friday.
[/quote]

Good post...I'm writing this again because my last reply to this disappeared.  I'm eager to see Dayton D against an "elite" offense as Elkins lost most of their starters, Liv's starting QB was hurt, and New Caney sucked.  We'll know more about the D after this game but I think it's going to be a pretty good one.

Offense has done enough to win but we'll see how they do when they get all their players healthy and on the field.  I'm hoping for a better effort.

Keener has taken 3 punts to the house and almost broke 2 more.  Carranco is Carranco so special teams have and should still be pretty good....I still hate that reverse they run on the kickoff return though!

Let me say this, we had 2 RB's in our backfield who are just as good as the twins from Crosby and Dayton did'nt give them the chance to break loose at all. Even with Collins we would have had a hard time running against Dayton's defense. The twins will be shut down as far as running, they better be ready to pass.

[quote name="85' HUSKER" post="1275313" timestamp="1347996388"]
Will tickets be available on a walk-up basis, or is this game already sold out? Thanks
[/quote] They will be available at the gate.. just might wanna get there a little early.. Or you can go to the admin building off 321 and get tickets until noon friday...

With the new homeside I've never seen Bronco stadium in a sellout situation except maybe concessions.Bot this will be a real test for Crosby,team speed alone +Dayt  OL/DL + Special teams+ Coaching +  Kicking/Punting ++ for Dayton  QB + for Crosby makes good decisions,electric w/the ball.Crosby has the speed of the Walters,Dayton has 5-6 that can catch them w/speed.Crosby turns it over on miscues,Dayt will make em pay w/points.If it becomes a defensive battle,edge Dayt w/Carranco 8)

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1275230" timestamp="1347990908"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=103214.msg1275219#msg1275219 date=1347990390]
[/quote]

But he beat you ;)
[/quote]im sure that was his crowning achievement. Im going to let you in on a little secret. Bh was not the first team to beat dayton yall just rushed the field like you were. Now beating dayton on a regular basis only a couple of teams can say that and its not bh or crosby.
[/quote]

Yeah I bet you guys were just above his 2 state championships ::) Beleive me that win wasn't even a notch is his grand kids belts ;)

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
[quote name="Lions#80" post="1275283" timestamp="1347994734"]
Let me say this, we had 2 RB's in our backfield who are just as good as the twins from Crosby.
[/quote]

I'd like to see these two Livingston backs. Highlights?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124

• FBC transfer most likely will. He’s already been on several recruiting visits and has been looking decent on the camp circuit for only being a freshman. I don’t think his family will let him sit past this year though.   JV kid is decent but he’s not really anybody I think you want to rely on competing against good teams with. He has some moxie but he’s smallish and doesn’t have a lot of arm talent. I think he would stay and be a backup no matter what or switch positions if the FBC kid stays. 
    • Oh an institution can move away from God, and the USA is running away from God.  I am not trying to chase you off - this is a free site.  I just wish people would be more open to alternative view points.  The devil wants to sow division.  Nice to hear you admit that God is love.  I generally try to stay off this side of the site - would much rather talk baseball and small town sports.
    • I guess you heard wrong? All of the sophomore studs he grew up with are on varsity and several played great in the Spring game, 4/5 will start and the others are in the two deep. Only kid I heard about going to Dayton is the receiver that left to go to North Shore and he hasn’t even been playing football. Leaving was what he felt was best for his kid, sometimes you have to make those choices. My son would’ve left last year too if he could’ve gotten eligible, doesn’t mean I would’ve liked Crosby less.  
    • It’s always funny to me when present day republicans start talking about what 19th century republicans did, because you’re absolutely right.  Point it out and they get mad, though.  And I vote Republican 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
    • Talk about condescension. It’s not chasing me off this time. I have never been talked more rudely at than on here. Oh, and no one can move away from God. He dwells in all things. The problem is we have politicized Him to further divide ourselves and make money or build power for ourselves. He loves us all anyway. Peace.
  • Topics