WOS @ PN-G predictions.......

dustoff03

PICK YOUR VOTES IN THIS GAME YALL ITS GONIG TO BE HARD  

127 members have voted

1. 1. PICK YOUR VOTES IN THIS GAME YALL ITS GONIG TO BE HARD

• WOS
    • PNG

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1261968" timestamp="1346952726"]
[quote author=biaplayer link=topic=102438.msg1261966#msg1261966 date=1346952458]
Gotta agree with you there, I don't think either team is thinking that, this will be a great test for the indians on both sides of the ball. [b]Whomever said wos was mediocre wasn't very knowledgeable I'm sure[/b].
[/quote]it was a NED fan  :D :D :D
[/quote]

Yep, along with his so called PNG fans: raidernaytion, blackflag, Kellybulldawg, Jauguar-J, Kvillecatz, Gert B. Frobe, BentlyBear, and Admiral Benbow. ;) ::)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1261981" timestamp="1346953704"]
Just like on the Vidor/BC thread, the Vidorian fans say Silsbee are no good. I think Silsbee is very good.
[/quote]

Good thing is we play Vidor late in the season...we should be good and rolling by then...so we shall see about Vidor.  ;D

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1261981" timestamp="1346953704"]
Just like on the Vidor/BC thread, the Vidorian fans say Silsbee are no good. I think Silsbee is very good.
[/quote]

Actually it is just one fan (Gert) who said that, not 'fans". I believe Gert is a OF/PNG fan. ;)

BTW, you started that convo by stating "another weak preseason opponent for Vidor". ::)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1261995" timestamp="1346954328"]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=102438.msg1261981#msg1261981 date=1346953704]
[/quote]

Actually it is just one fan (Gert) who said that, not 'fans". I believe Gert is a OF/PNG fan. ;)

BTW, you started that convo by stating "another weak preseason opponent for Vidor". ::)
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

They do play weak preseasons!!!

i hated it when  png and wos stoped playing each other both schools with outstanding  programs and going to png is like going to silsbee VERY HARD TO WIN THERE. IMO i feel that both teams will be ready both coaching staffs have worked hard this week now its up to the kids to come out and play there hearts out and i feel thay will.in closeing  i am older than most of you and i feel turn overs will be the key in a close game,the fan support in png is one of the best in the state .  PS close game

I agree it was a great rivalry, have had some great memories from them, wos has always been tough for as long as I can remember! I'm glad they are playing us and it doesn't hurt that it is at the rez either.  I would have liked to have seen memorial too but for some reason it didn't happen.  I don't believe silsbee is a bad team at all, they are very athletic, and young they will be very tough next year no doubt! Still see them as a playoff contender this year!

WOS Defense will smother us in man coverage and jam our receivers off the line of scrimmage just like they have done every time we have played them.  We wont be able to run the ball. I think we might have a chance to throw over the top of them with our tall receivers if we can complete it. I was not too impressed with the WOS offense at the Ned scrimmage but Ned D is probably the best in the district.  I predict WOS 28 --- PNG 7.  I hope I'm wrong but I dont think so. Silsbee was a weak 3A team and still should have beat us. Tons of dropped passes by Silsbee receivers wide open all over the field every time we got in man coverage.

[quote name="tcobb35" post="1262671" timestamp="1346992229"]
WOS Defense will smother us in man coverage and jam our receivers off the line of scrimmage just like they have done every time we have played them.  We wont be able to run the ball. I think we might have a chance to throw over the top of them with our tall receivers if we can complete it. I was not too impressed with the WOS offense at the Ned scrimmage but Ned D is probably the best in the district.  I predict WOS 28 --- PNG 7.  I hope I'm wrong but I dont think so. [b]Silsbee was a weak 3A team [/b]and still should have beat us. Tons of dropped passes by Silsbee receivers wide open all over the field every time we got in man coverage.
[/quote]

Interesting........

[quote name="FrodoNDN" post="1261535" timestamp="1346897026"]
Ok...I have been in the AJ fan box for awhile... I think he is a good, possibly great athlete. The offense set up by Faircloth calls for a kid who can make split second decisions. Not that I think Aj can't do it, really has not had alot of playing time. Would have been nice to at least let him play on JV last year to get experience running that offense. As far as Walker, from what I have observed is he is a special kid when it comes to leading on the field. Reminds me of Doty or Long in decisions making skills, not size. Walker came in and picked up the offense very quickly and has shown some really great leadership qualities. He will be a great quarter back now as well as the future. As far as AJ, once he gets those long legs churning it is hard to catch him, I think Faircloth wants to see this combination on the field. With Rose, Chipman and Smith going out for passes, you have a great combination. Faircloth is a good coach, young and still learning.  I mean AJ is 6'5 with speed and Chipman is 6'4 with speed...and Rose, well I think he is our current year play maker....It is going to be a tough year for my NDN's but we'll keep fighting and hopefully surprise some people...As far as WOS, this is a non district game and nobody wants to lose, but this game will help prepare us for district which does matter...If we need to test the waters might as well do it now...
[/quote]

That is what I was told as well.  Their skill sets are pretty similar, but the quick decision making is the the difference.  Also Walker is a young sophomore who should get better as the year goes on.  Both of them should see plenty of playing time. 

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1261246" timestamp="1346873018"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=102438.msg1261227#msg1261227 date=1346872269]
[quote author=thedogs1987 link=topic=102438.msg1261121#msg1261121 date=1346865853]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=102438.msg1261110#msg1261110 date=1346865186]
I have a funny feeling AJ will be sharing time under center with walker this game...jmho
[/quote]

This will be the biggest coaching blunder....

Remember if aint broke, don't fix it!

Offense wasn't broke.  However, the NDN defense, if I was the coach, that would keep up at night worrying.  This is 20-4A after all.

Ozen, Vidor, Nederland, Central.....oh the nightmares I would be having trying to find a defense to stop them.

It could be a long season if the focus is not put where it needs to be. 

Politics doesn't sell football tickets - WINNING does!

There could be several fires at the ol' reservation this year.
[/quote]
Offense wasn't broke?  They totaled 210 yards on 64 plays. Thats 3.3 yards per play of which they averaged 1.6 on the ground...Thats broke. Was it AJ? No. I'd say for his first start he did well enough to warrant another start.

There aint no politics going on at PNG. Love it when a Bulldog fan tries to stir the PNG Pot!  ;D
[/quote]

If you go back and check, ALL posts bashing AJ (or any NDN player) have come from PNG fans and others, not me. 

I just stated the obvious, he's NOT the problem with PNG.  The bigger problem is NDN defense and lack thereof of a running attack. I have not bashed any players by name, rather the speed and size that is a fact. 

And,
as I said before, it sounds "disrespectful"

I have tried to defend AJ on this board, without much support.  That has me puzzled.

This Political assault by the other qb's faithful (whoever they are) is probably going to be successful.

There are bigger problems at the Reservation than a Bulldog fan making a comment.
[/quote]

Just my notes: 

QB size does matter.  AJ did nice job passing, managing offense. Can't see any evidence to start/play anyone else at QB.

However, IF PNG so desires to play another QB at MCM, Malveaux, Washington, Pryor just called and say "THANK YOU!"

#2 Clark - outstanding, what couldn't that player do?  Wow, liked his heart as well.  Very impressing game.

RB didn't keep his feet moving, noticed that early.

#85 Rose, play maker, would use him more.

Defense wow, I really dread 20-4A for the NDN defense.

Can't wait to MCM.  I smell Smoke.

Go Dogs!

This post of mine has nothing to do with the game last night, or any other game for that matter. I am not trying to ruffle any feathers or calling anyone out but something has to stop. There is way too many posts that are calling these KIDS out by name. I know that they read the boards. Please guys, remember that this is HS football. If it was your son that is out there doing the best he can, would you like someone saying how scared, or not athletic he is? I just don't like people scrutinizing the play of teenagers. They are very impressionable at this age. I'm sure it is not intensional. Just please remember those boys play for the love of the game.

[quote name="kicker" post="1265359" timestamp="1347153207"]
This post of mine has nothing to do with the game last night, or any other game for that matter. I am not trying to ruffle any feathers or calling anyone out but something has to stop. There is way too many posts that are calling these KIDS out by name. I know that they read the boards. Please guys, remember that this is HS football. If it was your son that is out there doing the best he can, would you like someone saying how scared, or not athletic he is? I just don't like people scrutinizing the play of teenagers. They are very impressionable at this age. I'm sure it is not intensional. Just please remember those boys play for the love of the game.
[/quote]

I agree.  I believe those png fans who bashed AJ ALL week long on this board should come back and apologize for their doubts in his abilities.

I do mention players names.  I do this - calling them out for outstanding plays or play on the field. 

I have kids who play athletics and are under scrunity and I have told them long ago if we are able to accept the applause, we have to learn how to deal with the naysayers.  Usually, those naysayers are like that because the are jealous and don't have the ability to hurt you any other way.

May we all realize that these are kids who:
don't receive any payment for their efforts,
spend many hours of practice/.conditioning,
give all they have on the field of play,
hear their critics all too loudly,
stay up late doing homework,
who battle physical ailments/injuries,
ride uncomfortable buses long distances to get that field of play,
help out their families/siblings when they are doing all of the above,
have worries and concerns about their lives and futures,

and never quit just for the satisfaction of getting that opportunity and making the most of it all.

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1266065" timestamp="1347215670"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=102438.msg1265359#msg1265359 date=1347153207]
[/quote]

I agree.  I believe those png fans who bashed AJ ALL week long on this board should come back and apologize for their doubts in his abilities.

I do mention players names.  I do this - calling them out for outstanding plays or play on the field. 

I have kids who play athletics and are under scrunity and I have told them long ago if we are able to accept the applause, we have to learn how to deal with the naysayers.  Usually, those naysayers are like that because the are jealous and don't have the ability to hurt you any other way.

May we all realize that these are kids who:
don't receive any payment for their efforts,
spend many hours of practice/.conditioning,
give all they have on the field of play,
hear their critics all too loudly,
stay up late doing homework,
who battle physical ailments/injuries,
ride uncomfortable buses long distances to get that field of play,
help out their families/siblings when they are doing all of the above,
have worries and concerns about their lives and futures,

and never quit just for the satisfaction of getting that opportunity and making the most of it all.
[/quote]

8) +1