Nederland/Dayton Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever reasons we give for Neds performance won't do it justice. We were bad on offense and real bad on our heralded defense. The Crosby players sitting behind me didn't seem to have much fear on their faces. We got a beat down in every phase of the scrimmage and some may think it's no big deal and just a scrimmage. If I didn't see it I wouldn't have believed it. There better be some serious work in practice for Ned or next week will be ugly in favor of Crosby. After all the hype maybe someone should realize we are getting out played and out coached to the extreme. I wouldn't say this if it weren't true but we sucked and it might not be easy to fix.

Just got back from Dayton. Not impressed with our effort tonight.  I saw no enthusiasm tonight from our team.  I know we had some players sit this one out but wow. O line needs some serious work.  If we cant get fired up to hit someone else other than eachother in practice, then we will sit at home after week 10. I know these guys can give a better effort than what was shown tonight. 

[quote name="NEDERLAND TX" post="1249810" timestamp="1345779777"]
Lol! So the freshman score was Dayton 98-28? There must be something circulating in your water to make such a sour statement. Did u actually go?
[/quote]
I was there and my son is on the Freshman team. I actually thought they scored 20 td's (no kidding). It was embarrassing! It was the worse football I have ever seen. We have some good players, they won district in middle school, they just need to toughen up. We have good coaches and I know they will get this team where they need to be by disctrict.

[quote name="coach pops" post="1249814" timestamp="1345780092"]
Whatever reasons we give for Neds performance won't do it justice. We were bad on offense and real bad on our heralded defense. The Crosby players sitting behind me didn't seem to have much fear on their faces. We got a beat down in every phase of the scrimmage and some may think it's no big deal and just a scrimmage. If I didn't see it I wouldn't have believed it. There better be some serious work in practice for Ned or next week will be ugly in favor of Crosby. After all the hype maybe someone should realize we are getting out played and out coached to the extreme. I wouldn't say this if it weren't true but we sucked and it might not be easy to fix.
[/quote]
:o

Wow!

In my BH said version of my math abilities if score was kept 9th grade=Dayt 84-Ned 24 in controlled series + 2 dropped bread basket td passes dropped to boot no Bulldog w/in 20 yds.Ned D wanted no part of trying to take down #20 as he ran them over like a mack truck hitting a mini poodle.Old school FB name Godfrey.Relative Rabbit Godfrey qb on the undefeated 72 team my bro played on and Tojo Godfrey took Dayt/Colbert to Dayt 1st shot at a state title early 60's.

[quote name="ragarm55" post="1249803" timestamp="1345779220"]
Don't see anything posted about how Dayton's kicker did tonight..
[/quote]

Not very good. 
PAT good *off the up right
PAT good looked awkward and barely cleared the cross bar
Missed 43yd FG
Fumbled a punt
PAT good
PAT good

Not sure why he wasn't himself.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1249826" timestamp="1345781249"]
[quote author=ragarm55 link=topic=101952.msg1249803#msg1249803 date=1345779220]
Don't see anything posted about how Dayton's kicker did tonight..
[/quote]

Not very good. 
PAT good *off the up right
PAT good looked awkward and barely cleared the cross bar
Missed 43yd FG
Fumbled a punt
PAT good
PAT good
[/quote]
Dang. What a night. Nederlands defense gets totally exposed. Dayton's allstate kicker has an off night. What else can happen tonight? *knock on wood*

Nederland's biggest problem right now is the offensive line, they gotta get that problem solved quick. The second issue is depth, if we have a couple of injuries we could be in big trouble. Third issue is RB, smaller backs with average speed and an offensive line that's not  getting it done means no running game. If we can solve these issues and stay healthy we will be tough, if we don't we will be in for a fight for a playoff spot.

You hit it on the head coach pops, it is gonna be ugly when they line up and try to stop the crosby twins. I was there,  and shocked to see a sophomore backup tailback shred nederlands defense on his very first carry. And yes it was no fluke the younger team scored 14 times, not 4 tds!. The only weakness if any was the secondary of dayton was suspect on the deepball! Offense couldn't really tell you because the starting offense wasn't all their. Has to be embarrassing ned to get punished in such a manner as they did. I swear they were down 17 -0 just 3 minutes into the scrimmage. I wonder how bad it would have been if dayton had started all of their starters?????????? I think if dayton wouldn't have gone to the backup third string at half it would have been very fugly on the scoreboard.  Its for real next week I know crosby is licking their lips!

From an old PN-G alum/fan:

1. It's a scrimmage.  Get off the window ledges.  Plenty of things to see on film, evaluate, and learn.  Plenty of time to teach and get better.  Ned's DC Delbert Spell can teach.

2. As long as Delbert Spell is the DC at Nederland, the Bulldog defense will be just fine.  I've seen it turn out that way too many times.  D. Spell has done his part to chip away at the PN-G 48-33-7 series lead.

3. It's not where you start, it's where you finish.  Pass judgment in Week 10, not week 0.

When PN-G travels to Texas City, I want all of the Indians' weaknesses to be exposed and all the ugly to come out and show itself on offense, defense, and the kicking game.  We have plenty of time to evaluate, learn, teach, and get better.  It's not where you start, it's where you finish.

Go Indians.  Peace.

[quote name="football04" post="1249829" timestamp="1345781486"]
Nederland's biggest problem right now is the offensive line, they gotta get that problem solved quick. The second issue is depth, if we have a couple of injuries we could be in big trouble. Third issue is RB, smaller backs with average speed and an offensive line that's not  getting it done means no running game. If we can solve these issues and stay healthy we will be tough, if we don't we will be in for a fight for a playoff spot.
[/quote]

Oh wait, you forgot you need a QB too.  Not that that's important.... ;) Neither QB was worth a dime....

Guest octfeb
[quote name="BellBiz30" post="1249927" timestamp="1345812746"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=101952.msg1249802#msg1249802 date=1345779157]
[IMG]http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s171/feboct/NederlandDayton2012130copycopy-1.jpg[/img]
[/quote]Great pic Octfeb , and it was nice to meet you last night!
[/quote]Thanks.. And same here...

Guest octfeb
[quote name="liltex" post="1249924" timestamp="1345811879"]
SCDawgs what time is the scrimm today @ Galena Park?
[/quote]^^^^what he said... might have to take a lil trip...

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1249907" timestamp="1345810441"]
[quote author=football04 link=topic=101952.msg1249829#msg1249829 date=1345781486]
[/quote]

Oh wait, you forgot you need a QB too.  Not that that's important.... ;) Neither QB was worth a dime....
[/quote]

Dayton's Qube w/ be fine...you just worry about how crowded the parking lot will be at halftime on 10/26 when all the barbie-cue's are leaving with no hope of a 2nd half comeback... ;)

[quote name="octfeb" post="1249935" timestamp="1345814252"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=101952.msg1249924#msg1249924 date=1345811879]
SCDawgs what time is the scrimm today @ Galena Park?
[/quote]^^^^what he said... might have to take a lil trip...
[/quote]

Oh you know you will be at the BH scrimmage wondering what it would be like to be a champion ;) ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83