Nederland/Dayton Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

Guest octfeb
[quote name="BHFAN" post="1249983" timestamp="1345817886"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=101952.msg1249935#msg1249935 date=1345814252]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=101952.msg1249924#msg1249924 date=1345811879]
SCDawgs what time is the scrimm today @ Galena Park?
[/quote]^^^^what he said... might have to take a lil trip...
[/quote]

Oh you know you will be at the BH scrimmage wondering what it would be like to be a champion ;) ;D
[/quote]When is yalls scrimmage and where?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="octfeb" post="1249988" timestamp="1345818178"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=101952.msg1249983#msg1249983 date=1345817886]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=101952.msg1249935#msg1249935 date=1345814252]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=101952.msg1249924#msg1249924 date=1345811879]
SCDawgs what time is the scrimm today @ Galena Park?
[/quote]^^^^what he said... might have to take a lil trip...
[/quote]

Oh you know you will be at the BH scrimmage wondering what it would be like to be a champion ;) ;D
[/quote]When is yalls scrimmage and where?
[/quote]

7 PM at BH vs Central and Fannett. Never seen a three way scrimmage, but i doubt there will be any live quarters.

[quote name="1989NDN" post="1249831" timestamp="1345781643"]
From an old PN-G alum/fan:

1. It's a scrimmage.  Get off the window ledges.  Plenty of things to see on film, evaluate, and learn.  Plenty of time to teach and get better.  Ned's DC Delbert Spell can teach.

2. As long as Delbert Spell is the DC at Nederland, the Bulldog defense will be just fine.  I've seen it turn out that way too many times.  D. Spell has done his part to chip away at the PN-G 48-33-7 series lead.

3. It's not where you start, it's where you finish.  Pass judgment in Week 10, not week 0.

When PN-G travels to Texas City, I want all of the Indians' weaknesses to be exposed and all the ugly to come out and show itself on offense, defense, and the kicking game.  We have plenty of time to evaluate, learn, teach, and get better.  It's not where you start, it's where you finish.

Go Indians.  Peace.
[/quote]

Well put by a PNG fan that's being a realist. Nederland key will be to see the OL three weeks from now. I also see the backup RB Burton runs harder behind the OL then the starter. He clearly has the longest run plays in both scrimmages. Nederland may want to put the starter back at FB and let Burton carry the rock 20 times a games. Just a thought

[quote name="mypooh" post="1250009" timestamp="1345819869"]
[quote author=1989NDN link=topic=101952.msg1249831#msg1249831 date=1345781643]

1. It's a scrimmage.  Get off the window ledges.  Plenty of things to see on film, evaluate, and learn.  Plenty of time to teach and get better.  Ned's DC Delbert Spell can teach.

2. As long as Delbert Spell is the DC at Nederland, the Bulldog defense will be just fine.  I've seen it turn out that way too many times.  D. Spell has done his part to chip away at the PN-G 48-33-7 series lead.

3. It's not where you start, it's where you finish.  Pass judgment in Week 10, not week 0.

When PN-G travels to Texas City, I want all of the Indians' weaknesses to be exposed and all the ugly to come out and show itself on offense, defense, and the kicking game.  We have plenty of time to evaluate, learn, teach, and get better.  It's not where you start, it's where you finish.

Go Indians.  Peace.
[/quote]

Well put by a PNG fan that's being a realist. Nederland key will be to see the OL three weeks from now. I also see the backup RB Burton runs harder behind the OL then the starter. He clearly has the longest run plays in both scrimmages. Nederland may want to put the starter back at FB and let Burton carry the rock 20 times a games. Just a thought
[/quote]
That's Barton with an "A", he is a sophmore and I agree he may do better at TB rather than FB, I would like to see him get some carries (15-20) and see how he does, at this point what do you have to lose. Hopkins showed flashes last year but its been a slow start so far, not just for Hopkins but the entire offense, running and passing.
If we cant run the ball our QB and WR's are going to have pick it up big time.

[quote name="football04" post="1250046" timestamp="1345821272"]
[quote author=mypooh link=topic=101952.msg1250009#msg1250009 date=1345819869]
[quote author=1989NDN link=topic=101952.msg1249831#msg1249831 date=1345781643]

Go Indians.  Peace.
[/quote]

[/quote]
That's Barton with an "A", he is a sophmore and I agree he may do better at TB rather than FB, I would like to see him get some carries (15-20) and see how he does, at this point what do you have to lose. Hopkins showed flashes last year but its been a slow start so far, not just for Hopkins but the entire offense, running and passing.
If we cant run the ball our QB and WR's are going to have pick it up big time.
[/quote]

Ok my bad Barton with a "A" LOL !!!

one thing Nederland is not is deep and that was exposed last night when you had as many as 5-6 defensive starters not on the field...Nederland is going to have to be able to run the ball and STAY HEALTHY...we have not run the ball well at all in the first two games and this needs to be fixed...I have said it many times, injuries are part of the game and we have to be able to overcome them, so in no way am I making any excuses...great teams have to overcome that and Nederland has not up to this point...that being said, scrimmages count for nothing, so the results of these two scrimmages are meaningless

If I had my choice, I would rather not have injuries at all, but if I am going to have them, I would rather it be at this point in the season instead of later...let's get 'em out of the way...Dogs will have their hands full with Crosby next week for certain.

I still have faith in the Dogs and am way more concerned with how they finish as opposed to how they start

Up side for Nederland is that all of the injuries are not long term.Time for the Dogs to lick their wounds mentally and physically and come out fighting against Crosby like I know they are capable of.By the way,Brown.Carr and Richard got it handed to them by Dayton last year.Please don't accuse this team of not having leadership.I believe they will show it soon!Go Dogs! 

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1249843" timestamp="1345782556"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=101952.msg1249837#msg1249837 date=1345782291]
I would not say 4-4 pats and a tad wide 43 yd miss was a off night.Avg punts 48 yds airball I'll take it in a practice all day every day ;D
[/quote]

It was an off night for him.
[/quote]

I'll chalk it up to the holders.... remember, McBride and Keener are sophomores and this is a new job for them. They'll get there. I saw a couple discussions between Carranco and McBride after kicks.... They'll get it ironed out.

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="1249975" timestamp="1345817193"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=101952.msg1249907#msg1249907 date=1345810441]
[quote author=football04 link=topic=101952.msg1249829#msg1249829 date=1345781486]
Nederland's biggest problem right now is the offensive line, they gotta get that problem solved quick. The second issue is depth, if we have a couple of injuries we could be in big trouble. Third issue is RB, smaller backs with average speed and an offensive line that's not  getting it done means no running game. If we can solve these issues and stay healthy we will be tough, if we don't we will be in for a fight for a playoff spot.
[/quote]

Oh wait, you forgot you need a QB too.  Not that that's important.... ;) Neither QB was worth a dime....
[/quote]

Dayton's Qube w/ be fine...you just worry about how crowded the parking lot will be at halftime on 10/26 when all the barbie-cue's are leaving with no hope of a 2nd half comeback... ;)
[/quote]

Uh, Dayton has a QB.  I do think the back-up should start so you can put #10 in the secondary as a safety.  I was referring to little-ned not having a QB. 

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1250183" timestamp="1345831231"]
[quote author=mikehoncho link=topic=101952.msg1249975#msg1249975 date=1345817193]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=101952.msg1249907#msg1249907 date=1345810441]
[quote author=football04 link=topic=101952.msg1249829#msg1249829 date=1345781486]
Nederland's biggest problem right now is the offensive line, they gotta get that problem solved quick. The second issue is depth, if we have a couple of injuries we could be in big trouble. Third issue is RB, smaller backs with average speed and an offensive line that's not  getting it done means no running game. If we can solve these issues and stay healthy we will be tough, if we don't we will be in for a fight for a playoff spot.
[/quote]

Oh wait, you forgot you need a QB too.  Not that that's important.... ;) Neither QB was worth a dime....
[/quote]

Dayton's Qube w/ be fine...you just worry about how crowded the parking lot will be at halftime on 10/26 when all the barbie-cue's are leaving with no hope of a 2nd half comeback... ;)
[/quote]

Uh, Dayton has a QB.  I do think the back-up should start so you can put #10 in the secondary as a safety.  I was referring to little-ned not having a QB.
[/quote]

you really are almost too dumb to reply to, but I will anyway...that QB from Nederland you are refering to threw for 2 TD's and about 250 yards last night with a pretty steady rush coming at him...he was good enought to lead us 3 rounds deep last year and I will take him on my team, any day

[quote name="scapegoat" post="1250140" timestamp="1345828747"]
Up side for Nederland is that all of the injuries are not long term.Time for the Dogs to lick their wounds mentally and physically and come out fighting against Crosby like I know they are capable of.By the way,Brown.Carr and Richard got it handed to them by Dayton last year.Please don't accuse this team of not having leadership.I believe they will show it soon!Go Dogs!
[/quote]What I was saying is someone needs to step up and fill their shoes. I am just looking for some one to step up and rally their side of the ball and the sideline. This should have been established when 2 a days started.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83