Why hasnt Kountze had success on the field?

Guest EagleFan01
I will tell you why they can't make the playoffs in football.
1. They in a district with Newton, EC, Anahuac teams like that.
2. When they hire a guy the want support his decisions and back him up.
3. Now they go and hire a baseball guy to coach football this year which doesn't make any since at all to me.
4. The town is more worried about basketball than football and the good athletes that play basketball don't wanna play football.

Guest ECBucFan
Need to differentiate between "talent" and "athleticism". Those are two different things. Kountze has athleticism, but not necessarily an abundance of [i]football[/i] talent. Conversely, I have seen players that are not terribly athletic but are awesome football players.

Hank Jones for EC was a good example. He did not have blinding speed or any juke moves, but he could sure throw an accurate laser beam pass, or lower his shoulder and drag 2-3 defenders into the endzone with him and finish with 200+ ypg. Guys like that are [i]football players[/i]. 

[quote name="EagleFan01" post="1237785" timestamp="1342731834"]
I will tell you why they can't make the playoffs in football.
1. They in a district with Newton, EC, Anahuac teams like that.
2. When they hire a guy the want support his decisions and back him up.
3. Now they go and hire a baseball guy to coach football this year which doesn't make any since at all to me.
4. The town is more worried about basketball than football and the good athletes that play basketball don't wanna play football.
[/quote]

I think Reason #1 is probably the most likely reason for Kountze's playoff drought.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami