Can a HS team win State running a 2-QB system?

[quote name="westend1" post="1236831" timestamp="1342561243"]
If you have 2 quarterbacks, that usually means you don't have any.
[/quote]

Part right.

I say if you are consistently playing two different QB's, then you have none.

I have seen two very good QB's on the same team though, just one got all the playing time.

Manvel went 26-4 with 8 playoff wins over the past two years with a 2-QB system. Pretty good QBs too. The two from 2010 both are playing D1 ball (Minnesota and New Mexico State). The senior from 2011 will be playing for The Citadel. The junior from 2011 will be the sole starting QB this year and has 7 or 8 offers so far.

The original question for the thread was "can a team win state running a 2-QB system." While Manvel didn't win state, they came pretty darn close. They basically played one QB in the state game due to an injury, but I think that what they did with two different sets of 2-QB systems shows a team can be successful with it. But it takes having very good QBs and a very good coaching system to manage it.

[quote name="RHBoiler" post="1236946" timestamp="1342579922"]
Manvel went 26-4 with 8 playoff wins over the past two years with a 2-QB system. Pretty good QBs too. The two from 2010 both are playing D1 ball (Minnesota and New Mexico State). The senior from 2011 will be playing for The Citadel. The junior from 2011 will be the sole starting QB this year and has 7 or 8 offers so far.

The original question for the thread was "can a team win state running a 2-QB system. While Manvel didn't win state, they came pretty darn close. They basically played one QB in the state game due to an injury, but I think that what they did with two different sets of 2-QB systems shows a team can be successful with it. But it takes having very good QBs and a very good coaching system to manage it.
[/quote]wow....didnt know that. thats crazy  :o

I doubt it....  We tried it in 2008 with soph Ty Schlottmann (One of the best QB's we've ever had) & SR Kendrick Washington (He had a legit 4.3 40 time)

This duo got us to the regional final against Dayton where we lost.  The next year, just Schlottmann played QB and we made it to the state championship game.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1236955" timestamp="1342582161"]
I doubt it....  We tried it in 2008 with soph Ty Schlottmann (One of the best QB's we've ever had) & SR Kendrick Washington (He had a legit 4.3 40 time)

This duo got us to the regional final against Dayton where we lost.  The next year, just Schlottmann played QB and we made it to the state championship game.
[/quote] :o

[quote name="westend1" post="1236831" timestamp="1342561243"]
[/quote]

Tell OU that!!! I love how landry jones does all the work then Blake Bell gets all the glory of scoring from the 5 yard line. haha

[quote name="Blackbuc" post="1237718" timestamp="1342723135"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=101066.msg1236831#msg1236831 date=1342561243]
[/quote]

Tell OU that!!! I love how landry jones does all the work then Blake Bell gets all the glory of scoring from the 5 yard line. haha
[/quote]Blake Bell chose the wrong school IMO. the kid could start at a number of high profile schools right now smh, then again OU does suck.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder