perfect game world wood bat national tourney

Bhs Denny and Thames are on the Columbia angels who just made the final 4 in the 17u bracket. Biggios , Clemens and pettites kid are playing in the other final 8 game, winner to face the angels in the semi finals. Pretty impressive 3 Houston area teams in final 8 with 2 in final four and one to be in the title game. There was 250 teams in the tourney with the talent being the best of the best if you have never been.  http://www.perfectgame.org/events/Default.aspx?event=1206

[quote name="Kenny Powers" post="1235480" timestamp="1342133666"]
Bhs Denny and Thames are on the Columbia angels who just made the final 4 in the 17u bracket. Biggios , Clemens and pettites kid are playing in the other final 8 game, winner to face the angels in the semi finals. Pretty impressive 3 Houston area teams in final 8 with 2 in final four and one to be in the title game. There was 250 teams in the tourney with the talent being the best of the best if you have never been.  http://www.perfectgame.org/events/Default.aspx?event=1206
[/quote]

It is an incredible event. Biggio, Clemens, and Petite are playing with the Houston Heat Silver. Also, Tyler Davenport ( lefty from Crosby ) had very strong showing on the bump playing with Houston Heat Black.

Clemens jumped ship to the banditos for some reason. Petitte is on heat black who didn't make it to the playoff round. The silver with biggio lost to banditos in final 8. Angels had bad first inning and also fell to banditos in semis. Banditos won it all, my least favorite Houston team....they tend to hire guns to come into tourneys where heat and angels are local kids. Regardless just goes to show that baseball in Houston is the best in the country.

[quote name="Kenny Powers" post="1235767" timestamp="1342226187"]
Clemens jumped ship to the banditos for some reason. Petitte is on heat black who didn't make it to the playoff round. The silver with biggio lost to banditos in final 8. Angels had bad first inning and also fell to banditos in semis. Banditos won it all, my least favorite Houston team....they tend to hire guns to come into tourneys where heat and angels are local kids. Regardless just goes to show that baseball in Houston is the best in the country.
[/quote]

Don't hate on the Banditos. I played for them back in my high school days 8).

http://www.perfectgame.org/events/Tournaments/ViewRoster.aspx?id=17562

Here is the roster for the Banditos team. There are 30 kids on the team, 25 of them are from the Houston area.

Lol they had a dude from Georgia on their roster.

Regardless Houston was well represented.  1st place with banditos going 11-1, angels going 10-1 finishing 3rd, heat silver finished 6th with 8-1-1.    Also of note the heat black was  4-1-2 and Kyle chapman going 4-2.

Perfect example of banditos operating procedure, posted on twitter just a few min ago:

Bandito Baseball‏@BanditoBaseball

Looking for a few gamers to go to PG WS in Az. In 2 weeks and Jupitar in OCT Call me 713 819 XXXX

Thats not developing talent, thats buying it for high profile national tourneys for your own benefit. Banditos are in it for their own $$$$, one of the coaches I know that over there told me he makes $2500-3500 a week from lessons and coaching a team. In my opinion these guys have way too many teams that fund their pockets and then use that extra cash to buy (pay for, Ie recruit) the best players from all over to show up to national tourneys to get the pub to rake in more teams and cash. If you look at their rosters, they have a northeast, southwest, north, texas, houston etc blue black white, about anything they can call a team most of which are just there to pay for the one elite teams recruiting. I guess people are willing to pay it to wear the hat to act like they had something to do with the elite team winning. Its sick.

[quote name="Kenny Powers" post="1236010" timestamp="1342370903"]
Perfect example of banditos operating procedure, posted on twitter just a few min ago:

Looking for a few gamers to go to PG WS in Az. In 2 weeks and Jupitar in OCT Call me 713 819 XXXX

Thats not developing talent, thats buying it for high profile national tourneys for your own benefit. Banditos are in it for their own $$$$, one of the coaches I know that over there told me he makes $2500-3500 a week from lessons and coaching a team. In my opinion these guys have way too many teams that fund their pockets and then use that extra cash to buy (pay for, Ie recruit) the best players from all over to show up to national tourneys to get the pub to rake in more teams and cash. If you look at their rosters, they have a northeast, southwest, north, texas, houston etc blue black white, about anything they can call a team most of which are just there to pay for the one elite teams recruiting. I guess people are willing to pay it to wear the hat to act like they had something to do with the elite team winning. Its sick.
[/quote]

The Banditos develop plenty of talent. Cory Gieser, CJ Hinojosa, Austin Dean, Courtney Hawkins, Nick Williams, Cody Poteet, and Jovanni Hernandez have all played for them for years some have been there since they were 12 and 13. There is a reason that almost every year the Banditos have some of the best 12 and 13 year old teams in the country. A couple years ago they had a 13u team that won 155 games in a row. All those kids stay in the Bandito's program as they get older.

So what if they have a bunch of different teams from all over the state? They do that so kids all over the state have the opportunity to play for an elite program, and get college and pro looks. Just look at how many kids from the 2012 class that are going to play D1 ball. There are 28 of them by the way. why would you not want to play for a program like that?

http://www.banditosbaseballclub.com/2012

The main team the Banditos black is made up of almost all Houston kids with 1 kid out of state. How is that any different than the Sun Devils that have kids from Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, and other places?

I think someone is just jealous of the Banditos ;)

Guest UHCoog14
After 16 years of age it's not about 'developing' talent, it's about getting your talents seen. Teams like the Banditos and Sun Devils do that better than most. Winning every now and then is nice too.

I think the difference is the sun devils have a roster at the beginning that is the same at the end correct? Or do they between every tournament pick up new players ?

The way  I see it is if you pick a team at the beginning then it should pretty much stay the same the whole summer unless you have injuries or whatever..advertising for players and getting the twitter handles of all the hot shot prospects and then asking them to call to come play for them is a little over the top. The Houston Heat and the Angels both posted rosters the day after tryouts and those kids are the same kids on the roster today. They are not out there begging for others to come play for them at the next PG tourney. In addition, who do you think pays for those kids that get picked up? They certainly are not paying, its the kids on the "banditos northwest 16u" team that have taken they bait...those gets are not getting exposed except on the diamond. One of the 15U teams they sent to PG a few weeks ago went 0-7 but I bet all of those kids paid in full LOL and get to strut around with their "B" hat on to act like they are apart of the 17u black team which I guess is exactly what they want.

The sundevils were also paid in full by Chip correct? I dont think he was making any money off the group, now thats true exposure and its his money, he can recruit and do what he wants. My beef is the creation of all these below par teams to basically pay for the recruitment of some of the best talent out there from all over.

I understand that the banditos have had some great underclass teams and some of those kids have stayed with the program...so why not let that same team continue to play together as the move along...surely someone is getting dropped at some point for the kid from the valley that throws 95 or whatever. Being in tomball they are surrounded by great players and Houston obvioulsy has a lot of talent so just by the numbers they are going to have some studs. Also by winning one of these national tournaments it just drives the parents more delusional into thinking if there kids weres a B on his shirt and pays the 1500 player fee then he will be drafted high too...I see it all of the time, my kid takes lesson from roger clemens therefore he is a great pitcher! Not! Some select ball is all about taking the delusional parents $$$$ and the banditos feed off of that IMHO.

And like I said above, Im not talking about having teams all over the state, Im talking about having 8 teams in the 15u and 16u ages from the houston area...these are nothing more than profit centers for those guys with maybe 2 of those teams being legit top to bottom.

Queston on the 28 kids with D1 rides...are you saying those kid would not have gotten the rides without playing for the banditos? I'm pretty sure if you can throw 93 and are a stud at your high school you are going to get seen and exposed without playing for the banditos....do you think hawkins wouldnt have been a first round pick if he had played for say the corpus christi waves instead of the houston banditos? 

Im pretty sure Josh Beckett would have still went to the marlins and been named world series mvp even if he had not played for the angels right? What about Naquin with the heat, maybe him being a stud at A&M had more to do with his draft position then what select group you play for?

My thought is select ball helps with some exposure but it isnt going to make or break you....it lets you play against  better top to bottom talent then you would on the high school level in most cases but if you can play, you can play and you will be found. Now if you are fringe player than maybe it helps more but even then with todays PG profiles and video its pretty hard to be missed. I think players like hawkins give way too much credit to the banditos and not enough to themselves.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1236025" timestamp="1342376335"]
[quote author=Kenny Powers link=topic=100967.msg1236010#msg1236010 date=1342370903]

[/quote]

The Banditos develop plenty of talent. Cory Gieser, CJ Hinojosa, Austin Dean, Courtney Hawkins, Nick Williams, Cody Poteet, and Jovanni Hernandez have all played for them for years some have been there since they were 12 and 13. There is a reason that almost every year the Banditos have some of the best 12 and 13 year old teams in the country. A couple years ago they had a 13u team that won 155 games in a row. All those kids stay in the Bandito's program as they get older.

So what if they have a bunch of different teams from all over the state? They do that so kids all over the state have the opportunity to play for an elite program, and get college and pro looks. Just look at how many kids from the 2012 class that are going to play D1 ball. There are 28 of them by the way. why would you not want to play for a program like that?

http://www.banditosbaseballclub.com/2012

The main team the Banditos black is made up of almost all Houston kids with 1 kid out of state. How is that any different than the Sun Devils that have kids from Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, and other places?

I think someone is just jealous of the Banditos ;)
[/quote]

Last year in East Cobb, their 14 year old team had a kid on their roster from  Mexico. He was a left handed pitcher that was mid 80's.  I'm pretty sure that was the only tournament he played.  They do have tons of teams in each age division, but if it doesn't say black behind it they usually aren't that good.

Guest UHCoog14
Many times if a player of "interest" to Perfect Game scouts does not have a team with the ability to play in East Cobb (or other PG tournaments) they will contact teams to give that player the opportunity to be seen against high level competition.

The 17U WWBA Championship in East Cobb and the World Championship in Jupiter are some of the highest scouted events in "select" baseball. It is not uncommon to have players on your roster with no affiliation to your program. It's just the nature of the beast.

High school ball is played for the name on the front of your jersey. During the summer, sometimes you have to play for the name on the back.

[quote name="Kenny Powers" post="1235767" timestamp="1342226187"]
[/quote]

thanks, I was close... ;)
As you mention, Houston, Texas very well represented.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="1ExtremeRightWing" post="1240454" timestamp="1343490815"]
Kaleb Denny and Christian Thames made the all tournament team at The  perfect game world wood bat national tourney.
The Columbia Angels are one of the top organizations in the nation and have owned the Heat head to head for the last 3 years.
[/quote]

Congrats to Caleb and Christian on all-tourney. Always like seeing the Barbers Hill kids have success.
IMO, the Columbia Angels are one of the premier select teams, have been for awhile.
I can only speak for the Houston Heat but I can assure you that getting kids exposure and college scholarships is higher on the goals list than "owning" another Houstonn area select team. Just sayin.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder