Justin Twine invited to Texas Rangers Area Code Team Tryout

Guest momof2hornets

The Locals that I know of that were to receive "Invites" to the Area Code Workout:

Andrew Lantrip Livingston
Matt White Lumberton
Charles Guillory Westbrook
Brandon Humphrey LCM
Logan Ashworth PNG
Kameron Esthay Sam Houston(La)

More n more kids receive the invites these days, some never get on the field for I remember last year they only allowed Austin Stone to throw in the bullpen... so it used to be a very "select" group, now they invite 150plus kids to make sure they DONT overlook anyone but it sure helps these college programs having these kids all at once at one site. And what an honor to a young high school guy being at an event with so so many skilled players and so many "baseball guys" there to evaluate em.

Guest basketball2012
Good stuff!! when i got invited in 2000, i think there were 100 invites and they cut it down to top 30 and split it up into 2 teams and we scrimmaged..is it still like that?

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="basketball2012" post="1229219" timestamp="1339096711"]
Good stuff!! when i got invited in 2000, i think there were 100 invites and they cut it down to top 30 and split it up into 2 teams and we scrimmaged..is it still like that?
[/quote]

It was 2 years ago. They may have increased the initial pool since then.

• 3 weeks later...
There is about 175 kids at each tryout , they will narrow down to about 20 position players and 12 pitchers to scrimmage.Everyone gets to run 60,, take balls from their position and have bp. Pitcher only does not bat.  It is a long day. Start at nine and finish at 930.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder