Is this the last weekend we see Gilliagan in Lamar uniform?

If Lamar doesn't make the tournament, is this the last weekend for Gillligan?

He's 43-53 in conference the last three years. 12-18 so far this year. I like Coach Giligan gut it may be time to retire. I think Simmons will push him to do that. I don't think he would ever fire him.

[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="1222945" timestamp="1337196084"]
No unless he decides to retire. And yes he has spoken about retiring off camera but not this year.
[/quote]
Why should he?  He won't be fired.  There's a street named after him.  Doesn't his assistants do all of the recruiting?  He makes over $100K a year working part time.  If you ask me he's already semi-retired!

[quote name="SportsFan1016" post="1225102" timestamp="1337713105"]
Hopefully they give him the boot. It's what the program needs he is doing nothing but destroying it.
[/quote]

I like Gilligan and he has done a great job over the years. This thing happens more often than not in that someone with great long success and tenure doesn't know when to retire.  Paterno was a recent example and you see it with pro athletes.  He may just not have the fire to get it done like he use too.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="1225121" timestamp="1337717388"]
[quote author=SportsFan1016 link=topic=100026.msg1225102#msg1225102 date=1337713105]
Hopefully they give him the boot. It's what the program needs he is doing nothing but destroying it.
[/quote]

I like Gilligan and he has done a great job over the years. This thing happens more often than not in that someone with great long success and tenure doesn't know when to retire.  Paterno was a recent example and you see it with pro athletes.  He may just not have the fire to get it done like he use too.
[/quote]
I agree with you, North.  Speaking from experience (age) - every year Coach Gilligan gets older and the
players get younger.  I think communication could be a
factor also.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder