La Porte vs. Beaumont West Brook Game Thread/La Porte wins 5-0!

What is the deal with West Brook? You just have to believe that the talent is there but they cannot seem to put it together. Surely as big as that school is there are many kids that have played very competetive baseball. Are the coaches there during the summer for training and instruction or at least to let players use the facility. Or do any High Schools even have programs for baseball during the summer. I assume they just hope boys will play summer ball on their own and be ready for the season when it starts. If coaches really care about their respective programs seems like there would be much more emphasis put into it during the summer.

[quote name="schlomo" post="1214706" timestamp="1335374038"]
It is surprising WB isn't an annual powerhouse in baseball. They definitely have the players. Babe Ruth, Senior League and especially the Select teams are loaded with West Enders.
[/quote]  A large percentage of the kids at Westbrook don't play baseball(think Pt Arthur).  That leaves a relatively small group of kids for a 5A program(I think about 60 kids tried out).  Add the fact that many of the WestEnd kids wind up at Kelly.  Makes it tough to be a powerhouse.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1214719" timestamp="1335375556"]
Westbrook provides very few to Babe Ruth in recent years. 5 or 6 years ago was a different story.

Nederland, LCM, Bridge City, Vidor and Port Neches-Groves provide the most players to our league.

[/quote]  I think the Brook numbers went down because about 5 years ago we made a real effort to improve the old AWE league(now Beaumont Baseball).

Whether or not it will stay a good league depends on the guys who are coming up behind my group.  Lots of select guys, so I am not sure how much effort they will put into it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami