24-2a

[quote name="Walk off" post="1200166" timestamp="1332360207"]
[quote author=BrEaK_eM_OfF link=topic=97796.msg1200011#msg1200011 date=1332343158]
6 years in a row... Dominating  ::) the only close game they played was tp Kountze so far... Im sure they will have a few more as well. I just dnt see anyone knocking them off... jmo tho. Except for dominating.. those are facts hahahaha I'm jus kiddin guys.
[/quote]

Ok...were are the run rules??? Why did Buna get shut down 6 out of 7 innings against Hardin and against Warren???  No, they can play ball and are very competative this year but, not dominate.
[/quote]

Walk off you are clearly uneducated!!! look at the stats buna has more runs than kountze, warren, deweyville combined!!!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Water Boy 21" post="1200321" timestamp="1332386064"]
utfan i asked there catcher who there ace was and he said they haven't came out and said who it is but we all know "johnny" is.... just look at all the big games they have played and tell me who was on the hump? and as for best in the dist just look at the stats all he does is work out there
[/quote]

hahahahahaha that is funny i have been to all there games and Walden is the #1 just like last year, when they went 3 rounds deep in playoffs walden and jacob both shared the load.. yes franklin kid is good but if he was the ace he would have started the first district game... and i have also talked to kids on the buna team and kountze team and deweyvill team that have versed walden in the past and they have all said Walden is... And i also recall hearing on here that he is the best hitter etc. he has struck out atleast 20 times.. let them play ball and dont act like he is the best thing there is!!

Hey guys. Chill out. Lol it doesn't matter who the ace really is. Walden and Franklin compliment each other very well. Their levels of talent brings good solid depth to the pitchers in buna. And as long as they keep up their hard work and keep on bringing the "w" home. It doesnt really make a difference now does it?

[quote name="cutter15" post="1200336" timestamp="1332388518"]
[quote author=Water Boy 21 link=topic=97796.msg1200321#msg1200321 date=1332386064]
utfan i asked there catcher who there ace was and he said they haven't came out and said who it is but we all know "johnny" is.... just look at all the big games they have played and tell me who was on the hump? and as for best in the dist just look at the stats all he does is work out there
[/quote]

hahahahahaha that is funny i have been to all there games and Walden is the #1 just like last year, when they went 3 rounds deep in playoffs walden and jacob both shared the load.. yes franklin kid is good but if he was the ace he would have started the first district game... and i have also talked to kids on the buna team and kountze team and deweyvill team that have versed walden in the past and they have all said Walden is... And i also recall hearing on here that he is the best hitter etc. he has struck out atleast 20 times.. let them play ball and dont act like he is the best thing there is!!
[/quote]didnt they play hardin there firt game???? why would you pitch your ace against a team you no your going to beat??? like i said the stats speak for them self, and for his stick idk, i do know he has the biggest stick as for power

[quote name="Water Boy 21" post="1200341" timestamp="1332390806"]
[quote author=cutter15 link=topic=97796.msg1200336#msg1200336 date=1332388518]
[quote author=Water Boy 21 link=topic=97796.msg1200321#msg1200321 date=1332386064]
[/quote]

[/quote]didnt they play hardin there firt game???? why would you pitch your ace against a team you no your going to beat??? like i said the stats speak for them self, and for his stick idk, i do know he has the biggest stick as for power
[/quote]

Okay,Hardin has only 1 loss and thats to buna they are by far the 2nd best team in district... ur making yourself look bad now this must be ethan or his cuzin...

[quote name="chupacabra" post="1200314" timestamp="1332384357"]
You sound uneducated to me. Walk off has a lot more baseball knowledge than you do. Its the ones like you that get us buna fans a bad wrap
[/quote]

O really when was I wrong look at the stats.... Ok shows how much you know when you play college ball come talk to me...

I have played college ball my man...but right now I just kinda wish you guys would stop arguing about pointless things. Nobody cares about who the best pitcher, hitter, fielder, tiddlywinks player or the fattest pinch taker is as long as the TEAM is winning.

[quote name="chupacabra" post="1200350" timestamp="1332392949"]
I have played college ball my man...but right now I just kinda wish you guys would stop arguing about pointless things. Nobody cares about who the best pitcher, hitter, fielder, tiddlywinks player or the fattest pinch taker is as long as the TEAM is winning.
[/quote]

I never said a word who the best player was... I said who was the best team in district... I also stated all the facts...

yeah hardin which buna has beat convincingly.....as far as ec we will see next friday....but otherwise. the cougars actually just need to beat ec and they will win the district. almost a lock. just play small ball and it is a lock.
[/quote]

Are you serious? Buna beat hardin convincingly??!!?? Hardin was up the entire game until the top of the 7th and Buna strung together a few hits and were helped out by a few errors. Buna beat Hardin 7-4, i wouldn't call that "convincingly" when y'all were on y'alls toes until the last inning!

[quote name="HDcats0422" post="1200397" timestamp="1332423670"]

yeah hardin which buna has beat convincingly.....as far as ec we will see next friday....but otherwise. the cougars actually just need to beat ec and they will win the district. almost a lock. just play small ball and it is a lock.
[/quote]

Are you serious? Buna beat hardin convincingly??!!?? Hardin was up the entire game until the top of the 7th and Buna strung together a few hits and were helped out by a few errors. Buna beat Hardin 7-4, i wouldn't call that "convincingly" when y'all were on y'alls toes until the last inning!
[/quote]

Pretty sure that's why they play 7 innings my friend. If ya choke in the last inning when the game is on the line. Guess you didnt want it bad enough. No errors occured. They smashed in the 7th when it counted the most. Thats why they have won the district championship for 5 years in a row. If ya cant run with the big dogs stay on the porch  ;D

[quote name="HDcats0422" post="1200404" timestamp="1332424422"]
well yes buna may have won the game, but don't be ridiculous and say it was convincingly! Ya'll couldn't touch DWill all night then in the 7th ya'll finally got a few hits off of him
[/quote]

Ill take a W anyway I can get it. and thats why we are known for that last inning. Best of luck to him tho. lol

Clutch hitting from freshman Joe Clark kept Buna alive in the Hardin game.  A 2 on, 2 out, full count double tied the game and led to a 4 consecutive string of doubles. Buna's defense did its job the another night, in kountze, to turn a triple play to end the game. 

We deemed them the "Cardiac Coogs" back in 2008! 

Sure is tough on fans and parents!!!

[quote name="BrEaK_eM_OfF" post="1200524" timestamp="1332441353"]
Price & the Deweyville kid are the top 2. The Hardin kid is good. Then Franklin & Walden. They are def the best duo in district. Joe Clark, the other freshman, has came in an did a really nice job sealing games late.
[/quote]
I agree, Jacob and Price are 1 & 1A, best duo, Franklin and Walden.

[quote name="SteelerCzy" post="1200580" timestamp="1332447924"]
[quote author=BrEaK_eM_OfF link=topic=97796.msg1200524#msg1200524 date=1332441353]
Price & the Deweyville kid are the top 2. The Hardin kid is good. Then Franklin & Walden. They are def the best duo in district. Joe Clark, the other freshman, has came in an did a really nice job sealing games late.
[/quote]
[/quote]
I think Howell, Price, and Dillion stand out(and they should, they are solid)  because of how they compare to the next pitcher in line.  Franklin & Walden have been work horses in that they have kept on pushing forward even with walks and hits, keeping the game always in reach and lasting a lot of innings. But more importantly Buna has had kids come in, in every game, and pick up the slack, be it in shutdown fashion as Kolton Clark did a couple of times, or Joe Clark who has come in and pounded the strike zone and let the defense work, and  they have a few more kids that can do the same.  Point being, Buna seems to have a "pitching staff" nowadays, and that will be essential of any team that hopes to go past district.  Buna has a very balanced team and you can't let your guard down, you have to beat them 7 innings, and that just hasn't happened yet.  (and I hope it doesn't either!!!! )  I still say Kolton Clark is Buna's x-factor and hope God finds a way to let him back on the field :)

[quote name="Sportsfan1968" post="1200604" timestamp="1332450688"]
[quote author=SteelerCzy link=topic=97796.msg1200580#msg1200580 date=1332447924]
[quote author=BrEaK_eM_OfF link=topic=97796.msg1200524#msg1200524 date=1332441353]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I think Howell, Price, and Dillion stand out(and they should, they are solid)  because of how they compare to the next pitcher in line.  Franklin & Walden have been work horses in that they have kept on pushing forward even with walks and hits, keeping the game always in reach and lasting a lot of innings. But more importantly Buna has had kids come in, in every game, and pick up the slack, be it in shutdown fashion as Kolton Clark did a couple of times, or Joe Clark who has come in and pounded the strike zone and let the defense work, and  they have a few more kids that can do the same.  Point being, Buna seems to have a "pitching staff" nowadays, and that will be essential of any team that hopes to go past district.  Buna has a very balanced team and you can't let your guard down, you have to beat them 7 innings, and that just happened yet.  (and I hope it doesn't either!!!! )  I still say Kolton Clark is Buna's x-factor and hope God finds a way to let him back on the field :)
[/quote]
Good post.  Didn't look right with Kolton not on the field the other night. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833