buna @ KOUNTZE predictions anyone??? Friday 3/16

[quote name="sport1971" post="1197676" timestamp="1331831455"]
I will step out and say this...Kountze hits the ball, than Kountze should win. I say the score will be 6-4.  My reason behind this is simple...I think our outfield is very strong...granted it is anchored with freshman Austin Marshall, but he is a machine in center field. Gaps are not always safe. In addition he is flanked with great gloves and speed to left and right.  Our infield is solid and Pitching is deep. All that being said, it will be fight Friday night...Oh by the way fair warning...those Lions like to start eating other little cats about 6:30 pm! HAHAHAHAHAH LOL
[/quote]
Still starving ehh? (:

They didn't throw Price because if Buna beats them with their best stuff on the mound, Kountze wont have a leg to stand on. Since we won last night, now they can say, "Oh, we didnt throw Price. It would have been wayyyy different." No different than any other year Lions. Alot more smack talk from Warren and Kountze fans and two more L's to add to both your columns after we played yall this week. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

[quote name="Sportsfan1968" post="1198196" timestamp="1331924003"]
WAlks will b the deal breaker.... The loser will give up the most!!
[/quote]

well i believe we ended up with a few more walks so nice call.  Great game though by both teams.  Got a hole to climb out of now but i believe we can get it done.  Hang in there lions!!

Amazing the value of a strike sometimes.  I know Buna scored at least two runs off waked batters. Kountze almost came back with walked batters. Sometimes strikes are more valuable than strikeouts as proved the case.  On probably the hardest hit ball of the night Buna's defense did the most unthinkable thing possible: turned a triple play on what certainly seemed like a walk off hit off the bat.  nice to have pitchers that come in and give strikes. Much more glamorous to shut them down in closer fashion but not near as painful as losing with walks and not giving defense a chance.  Good job Buna.  Showed poise. Big e will have many more chances to shut teams down and will n time  but it's nice to know its not the only option. 

[quote name="jhizzle" post="1198657" timestamp="1332001060"]
They didn't throw Price because if Buna beats them with their best stuff on the mound, Kountze wont have a leg to stand on. Since we won last night, now they can say, "Oh, we didnt throw Price. It would have been wayyyy different." No different than any other year Lions. Alot more smack talk from Warren and Kountze fans and two more L's to add to both your columns after we played yall this week. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
[/quote]

::) I honestly don't think anyone from Kountze is thinking that.  In fact, no one from Kountze has mentioned Price on here.  But…since you mentioned it...I do recall us beating you last year with Price on the mound!  ;D ;D I'm sure every team is going to face a few tough losses this year in this district; even Buna!  Listen, I will be the first to say that Buna is the team to beat!  I have no problem giving credit where it is due, but, you have to admit that it was a good game.  Win or lose, it's always fun and exciting to play you guys and I look forward to every match up.  We'll see you next round…and who knows, maybe Price will get his shot!  But even if he is on the mound, we would never be arrogant enough to say that it will be a for sure win…he is obviously talented, but, he isn't, nor has he ever been the TEAM! Best of luck to both teams!! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder