Are 'REAL' HS hoops played on the lower classifications (1a or 2a)?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if anybody remember Mouton, a High Power Class A school who had a player by the name of Robert Tovar.... I made a special trip each year this team went to Austin and I can truly say that the 1a and 2a games was more interesting than the 3, 4 and 5a games... JMO but all the games are very intense !!!

It is so funny to see you guys say this.  There are other people in this world.  Remember Shaquille O'Neal played on one of those teams that wasn't playing "real" basketball.  So did Joseph Jones.  Alot of these teams that are not playing "real" basketball could give central and ozen games. 

[quote name="sleepy" post="1195044" timestamp="1331320810"]
It is so funny to see you guys say this.  There are other people in this world.  Remember Shaquille O'Neal played on one of those teams that wasn't playing "real" basketball.  So did Joseph Jones.  Alot of these teams that are not playing "real" basketball could give central and ozen games.
[/quote]Who said anything about Ozen or Central?  This topic was created from the state tourney games and I don't think that Ozen or Central are one of the state simifinalists.

You are not getting my point.  What I am saying is some of these 1a and 2a teams could give those two a game if not beat them.  So if the 1a 2a teams that can compete with mighty ozen and central than that must not be "real" basketball either!

[quote name="no-look" post="1195036" timestamp="1331320385"]
All classifications are "real basketball" its  all good!
[/quote]

I agree No-look.
I watched a couple of the games yesterday and this morning on the internet and saw some good talent.

[quote name="sleepy" post="1195052" timestamp="1331321296"]
You are not getting my point.  What I am saying is some of these 1a and 2a teams could give those two a game if not beat them.  So if the 1a 2a teams that can compete with mighty ozen and central than that must not be "real" basketball either!
[/quote]By you stating that Ozen and Central are 'mighty' and no one made mention of them but you tells me a lot.  ::) ::)

As I've said before, We're not talking about Central or Ozen (seems you're obsessed with talking about them.  Heck, in this conversation, we're not even talking about Silsbee or H-J).  BD3 made mention of calling the Yates/Kimbal and Marcus/Travis games 'real' games.  I agreed.  So, do you understand now?

This came up in football a while back someone from Newton replied with one of the funniest comments ever 'We'll play any team any where including the Walmart parking lot with your coaches officiating.' Some of the best basketball I ever saw was Brookeland in the late 80's.

I agree with you.  However by saying the real games implies that the other ones are not.  That bothers me obviously.  I understand that central and ozen are not brought up.  But I brought them up because you and dove are fans of theirs and I was simply making a point.  If you think that is "real" basketball than so are the 1a and 2a state tournament games.

[quote name="sleepy" post="1195060" timestamp="1331321977"]
I agree with you.  However by saying the real games implies that the other ones are not.  That bothers me obviously.  I understand that central and ozen are not brought up.  But I brought them up because you and dove are fans of theirs and I was simply making a point.  If you think that is "real" basketball than so are the 1a and 2a state tournament games.
[/quote]Way to clear that up.  ::) ::) .  However, that's my opinion and obviously his as well.  I like basketball (even small school hoops), but I prefer the 'real' games.  Sorry to hurt your sensitive feelings.

There may be more talent in those games but it doesn't make it anymore real basketball.  Heck rhert may not even be as competetive as the other games.  I remember past conversations about pressing not being a part of the game at the college or pro levels so how then can a Yates game  be more 'real' basketball.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1195062" timestamp="1331322249"]
My question to those who don't believe that "real" basketball is played in the 2A/1A ranks:

Did you watch any of the "fake" basketball games in the 1A ranks either yesterday or today?
[/quote]No.  I actually didn't get a chance to see any games and I won't be able to see the 'real' games either.  I never did call the lower class games fake.  It's really simply a preference.  I prefer the bigger school games in general, therefore, I agreed to BD3 as in calling them 'real'.

[quote name="ST413" post="1195066" timestamp="1331322947"]
There may be more talent in those games but it doesn't make it anymore real basketball.  Heck rhert may not even be as competetive as the other games.  I remember past conversations about pressing not being a part of the game at the college or pro levels so how then can a Yates game  be more 'real' basketball.
[/quote]There are college teams that press.  I just want that to be known.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1195067" timestamp="1331322987"]
"Real" games. ::)

This is my 41st straight state tourney. Trust me, "real" basketball is played in all classifications.

I think I have seen enough state championship basketball over the last 40 years to qualify my statement.
[/quote]It doesn't count.  You're a football guy!  ;D ;)

[quote name="sleepy" post="1195060" timestamp="1331321977"]
[/quote] You've never heard me say Ozen , Central , or HJ is mighty or real basketball  :D

I'm referring to Kimball, Ft. bEND Travis, etc, These schools have players who may be future NBA stars. Kentucky ain't looking at no players from White Oak, Clarksville, and whatever other school in 1-a, 2-a, etc.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1195075" timestamp="1331323727"]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=97341.msg1195060#msg1195060 date=1331321977]
[/quote] You've never heard me say Ozen , Central , or HJ is mighty or real basketball  :D

I'm referring to Kimball, Ft. bEND Travis, etc, These schools have players who may be future NBA stars. Kentucky ain't looking at no players from White Oak, Clarksville, and whatever other school in 1-a, 2-a, etc.
[/quote]....  and your response is.....?

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1195069" timestamp="1331323272"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=97341.msg1195062#msg1195062 date=1331322249]
My question to those who don't believe that "real" basketball is played in the 2A/1A ranks:

Did you watch any of the "fake" basketball games in the 1A ranks either yesterday or today?
[/quote]No.  I actually didn't get a chance to see any games and I won't be able to see the 'real' games either.  I never did call the lower class games fake.  It's really simply a preference.  I prefer the bigger school games in general, therefore, I agreed to BD3 as in calling them 'real'.
[/quote]

Well, if they aren't "real," then by definition, they must be "fake", right?  Don't make me pull out Websters on ya, Soulja!  ;D 

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1195075" timestamp="1331323727"]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=97341.msg1195060#msg1195060 date=1331321977]

[/quote]

So, unless there are a multitude of D-1 players on the floor, it is not real basketball?

[quote name="atb63" post="1195057" timestamp="1331321686"]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=97341.msg1195036#msg1195036 date=1331320385]
All classifications are "real basketball" its  all good!
[/quote]

I agree No-look.
I watched a couple of the games yesterday and this morning on the internet and saw some good talent.
[/quote]
I agree, it's all "REAL" basketball.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1195058" timestamp="1331321694"]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=97341.msg1195052#msg1195052 date=1331321296]
[/quote]By you stating that Ozen and Central are 'mighty' and no one made mention of them but you tells me a lot.  ::) ::)

As I've said before, We're not talking about Central or Ozen (seems you're obsessed with talking about them.  Heck, in this conversation, we're not even talking about Silsbee or H-J).  BD3 made mention of calling the Yates/Kimbal and Marcus/Travis games 'real' games.  I agreed.  So, do you understand now?
[/quote]
What makes them 'real games'? The fact that they are more 'athletic' meaning they are better teams?? We've heard that all year long. We even had a thread discussing what factors make a HS kid 'good'. It seems that if one is not 'athletic', then he's not a very good bball player in some's opinions.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder