Are 'REAL' HS hoops played on the lower classifications (1a or 2a)?

In the lower levels, teams focus more on the execution and play team basketball.. In the higher classifications, you see the Stud players that take over games..

Regardless of what people want to say the difference is athletes.. [b]Generally[/b] speaking, teams in 1A and 2A play much more structured

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a team gets a good shot from the player that they want then it is hard to argue.  But Yates does relies more on defense to create offense.  Please diagram or show me a set play that Yates or Kimball ran?  I would love to see it. 

Basketball comes down to execution most of the time.  See:  Flower Mound    They ran multiple screener the screener and small on big screens.  They hardly ever played 1 on 1 ball, and defense was what they "hung their hat on".  Garland Namman Forest had 5 points in the first 14 minutes.  Fort Bend's #3 struggled all night.

Are the coaches of 1A-3A "REAL" coaches?  Or should every accomplishment they receive or state title they earn with their players have an asterick by it?  Of course I am joking, but just going with the thread.

Coach So and So 3A Coach of Year:  *500 career wins  *3 State Titles  *9 Regional Appearances

* Not "REAL" basketball. 

[quote name="east texas bb" post="1195866" timestamp="1331498340"]
Are the coaches of 1A-3A "REAL" coaches?  Or should every accomplishment they receive or state title they earn with their players have an asterick by it?  Of course I am joking, but just going with the thread.

Coach So and So 3A Coach of Year:  *500 career wins  *3 State Titles  *9 Regional Appearances

* Not "REAL" basketball.
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="dogs1218" post="1195858" timestamp="1331496803"]
In the lower levels, teams focus more on the execution and play team basketball.. In the higher classifications, you see the Stud players that take over games..

Regardless of what people want to say the difference is athletes.. [b]Generally[/b] speaking, teams in 1A and 2A play much more structured
[/quote]You get no argument from me on this one. Maybe the lower divisions don't have the players to take over a game. ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1196093" timestamp="1331566942"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=97341.msg1196083#msg1196083 date=1331565567]
I'm here...  but firestarter?  Me?  Naaah!  ;D ;)
[/quote]yeah, thats my point, I know you're here!  ;D ;D
[/quote]I Like the new avitar and words under it!  ;) ;)

[quote name="no-look" post="1196131" timestamp="1331571725"]
Will Yates play real basketball next year since they will be playing in the lower classifications? ;D
[/quote]No Look, you already know Yates will still have a tough pre-season district schedule and playing the top major programs in the NATION.  I only hope that Yates will not[size=14pt][color=red] play down[/color][/size] when they meet teams like HJ  ;D in the playoffs

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1196115" timestamp="1331569003"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=97341.msg1196093#msg1196093 date=1331566942]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=97341.msg1196083#msg1196083 date=1331565567]
[/quote] ;D Goota keep it REAL ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1196206" timestamp="1331577715"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=97341.msg1196115#msg1196115 date=1331569003]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=97341.msg1196093#msg1196093 date=1331566942]
[/quote] ;D Goota keep it REAL ;D
[/quote]You gonna get those small school folk's feathers all ruffled up!

[quote name="no-look" post="1196302" timestamp="1331594551"]
How many seniors were on Yates varsity? How many starters do they lose? Will they be as good next year?
[/quote]
They are going to be very good..return all of their size in 6'7 Melvin Swift (#12 soph) and 6'8 JC Washington (#5 soph)...also they return a couple of ultra athletic guards in #23 and #1....along with a really good group of JV guys that went unbeaten...They will be more talented than any 3A opening next season...thats for sure. Now, does that mean they are a lock to get back to Austin and win it all in 3A? I have seen stranger things to happen to talented teams, so the answer to that is no.... ;)

I think it is a no brainer. yes "real basketball" is played on the lower levels. Hardin-Jefferson beat Nederland and Central who are 4a teams and they beat Kingwood Park who is either a 4a or 5a school. When I played for HJ in the 80's we were ranked #1 team in the state of Texas, #9 in the nation. I played for Texas A&m, (Yatisha Bosha), STephanie Edwards played for UH, Barbara Anderson played for UH, Latanya Fontenot played for Mcnesse state, Ramona Jones played for Lamar who made it to the elite 8 in 91. I had offers to play professionally after I graduated in 1993, but I did not want to go overseas. In 1997, when the WNBA was formed I had started a family so I didn't tryout. I am considered to be one of the top 50 girl basketball players to ever play in texas in the last century. I among 49 others were nominated for the All-Century team. They only picked 12. So I would say that real basketball is played on the lower levels...

I was not tooting my own horn just given you guys proof that "real basketball" is played on the lower classifications. If you noticed I also mentioned my teammates that played at D1 schools..I have never mentioned my accolades before on this website so me "tooting my own horn" is not something you can say about me. I am very humble. I was trying to make a point. I also wanted to make a point to all those who were insinuating that I was living vicariously through my nephew. I am not , I have had enough accolades of my own!!!!

I understand that some people are going to be in opposition to everything that I say because of some comments that I made about a certain team not having any class. I also understand that certain people are trying to "get under my skin" which I find to me very entertaining. So you guys go ahead and take some shots at me so,  my husband and I will have something to laugh about. You guys are really funny.PS ( at this point of my life I am not easily rattled as it pertains to what others think about me). ;D

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. I was boasting about my teammates as well to prove a point. Oh I forgot to mention the fact that my sister, Christina Bosha, was ranked #3 in top 25 texas basketball rankings for seniors in 1994.  Which also proves that "real" basketball is played on the lower levels.If you think I am tooting my own horn then TOOT, TOOT!!!!!!!  ;)

[quote name="cbosha" post="1198861" timestamp="1332091237"]
I understand that some people are going to be in opposition to everything that I say because of some comments that I made about a certain team not having any class. I also understand that certain people are trying to "get under my skin" which I find to me very entertaining. So you guys go ahead and take some shots at me so,  my husband and I will have something to laugh about. You guys are really funny.PS ( at this point of my life I am not easily rattled as it pertains to what others think about me). ;D
[/quote]

I believe it has been you who has provided the comical comments for those on this site to chuckle, shake their head and roll eyes about.

Zjori must be proud. ::)

A wise man once told me that most of you guys on this post know absolutely nothing about basketball so it pointless to try and have a converation.with you all. I see what he means now. He said all you guys try to do is push each other's buttons. It is NOT working if that's what you are tryingto do to me. You guys cantag team me, call me names etc. I still think that it is hilarious. You guys don't seem to be able to refute anything with concrete evidence. all you guys do is attack. you NEVER prove your point.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder