Kountze vs Crockett Predictions??

aTmfan06

Crockett is now 17-6.  I saw both of these teams play the other night.  I could not believe how little Kountze was.  Of course I am used to seeing Kountze's teams of the past in Austin.  They are doing a good job for such a young team though.  Crockett is way down from last yr's team.  They are still athletic but not real skilled.  They got a point guard #24 that thinks he is better than he is. He jacks it up from anywhere and everywhere or will drive and then dish off to the heavy set post on the backside block. I have seen all of the heavyweights play in this region and the winner of this game is in deep trouble in the next round against Tatum or Edgewood. 

[quote name="snuffy" post="1186068" timestamp="1330267634"]
Crockett is now 17-6.  I saw both of these teams play the other night.  I could not believe how little Kountze was.  Of course I am used to seeing Kountze's teams of the past in Austin.  They are doing a good job for such a young team though.  Crockett is way down from last yr's team.  They are still athletic but not real skilled.  They got a point guard #24 that thinks he is better than he is. He jacks it up from anywhere and everywhere or will drive and then dish off to the heavy set post on the backside block. I have seen all of the heavyweights play in this region and the winner of this game is in deep trouble in the next round against Tatum or Edgewood.
[/quote]I have watched Kountze quite a bit this year and this evaluation is right on.This season could be Duanes best coaching job of his career.

I expect a close game throughout. Kountze will need to jump out quick, get a decent size lead and set the pace. We cannot get behind big in the 1st half like last season and then claw our way back in. If we can keep Wheeler on the bench for Crockett we'll be in good shape.

Hope the refs called a good "tight" game which plays well in our favor.  ;)

[quote name="bball2011" post="1186402" timestamp="1330309540"]
Does anybody know where this games is going to be played? I agree, this has be a test for Duane, one of the better coaches both on the court and off. Had two seniors quit during the season, Now he is playing with only three seniors, the future looks bright...Good luck to the Lions..
[/quote]

Game is Tuesday at Sam Houston State in Huntsville. 7:30 pm.

[quote name="utfan06" post="1186543" timestamp="1330349823"]
Kountze is playing good ball right now ... I'm ready to make the drive to Huntsville
[/quote]Yeah, it's like they turned on the switch early in district play and really began to elevate their game.  This is not the same Kountze team that opponents faced in the tournaments.

Good Luck, Lions!

No disrespect to the Lions but but the caliber of competition in district play had more to do with the outcome than their game being elevated.The lions are playing better ball now than they have all season but their lack of size is gonna hurt them over the next couple of rounds.

[quote name="whsalum" post="1187255" timestamp="1330404950"]
No disrespect to the Lions but but the caliber of competition in district play had more to do with the outcome than their game being elevated.The lions are playing better ball now than they have all season but their lack of size is gonna hurt them over the next couple of rounds.
[/quote]hmmm, after looking again at their schedule you are probably right.  Of course, which team is going to show up?  The Lions that throw down a 30 point win over Tatum?  Or the Lions that let Nacogdoches Central Heights beat them like a drum twice.

Good point, whsalum.

They didn't have Darion Harper (point guard) cause he was not eligible yet from his move. I can't remember but I don't think Jamasdin (sp) played in that game either cause of grades. Justin Harper (freshman) has really grown over the year also, had 22 points in the last game. It should be a good game...Good luck to the Lions

1st time they played central heights the lost 57 39 and central heights was missing leading scorer simon and defensive guy johnson and a reserve - clark

the guys that played for Kountz were - Linn, J Harper, Haynes, M willimas, D. McMahon, C Lowe, X Barnes, J Powell and D Puchett

The second time CH was full strength and won 59 33

Kountz played Jamazdon Powell, Linn, Warren, Harper, Edwards, Williams, McMahon, Lowe, Barnes, and Powell

Lokks like they didnt let CH beat them as was stated earlier but just got beat... I can appreciate you zeal for you team and Kountze has a great tradition and I respect what Joubert does - but don't speak down as if CH was lucky to win -

Central Height is a good team with a awesome coach. I'm from Kountze and live in the Nacogdoches now. I know the CH coach well and it's pretty awesome to see how he was able to have the year he did with the talent pool he has even though they had a early exit from the playoffs. I think him and his players got the best of the Kountze players by out smarting them. Kountze is way better to me from what they were at the beginning of the year. I think being able to get through district the way they did only helps their confidence and a confident Kountze team is dangerous this time of year. Crockett will be tough to beat because they are really athletic but I think Kountze can pull this one out in a close one.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476